IGNORED

Swindon in financial trouble?

Bristol Rob

56 minutes ago, Buster Footman's T shirt said:

You are definitely right about Paul Scally. Quite an apt surname. Seems to revel in a bit of controversy. Similar to Barry Fry in that respect. Plumbed new depths in terms of non likeability when they employed Mr Evans as manager. I remember some particularly salty comments in the local press from Scally following us beating them in the JOT semi. Along the lines of it just wasnt fair that we had £2 million pound rated players in our squad and on loan and the while 'clubs like Bristol City' carry on spending like this at this level it makes a mockery of the competition. Seem to recall that he refused to sell Bradley Dack to us then let him go to Blackburn for less. Maybe mistaken on this last point.

Old Fatty Evans another name I had forgotten about and I can remember Power was desperate to get him here 3 or 4 years ago before we got Flitcroft. I can remember Scally also went to prison for gbh on a teenager so obviously not a nice man.

when you beat them in the semi was that whwn JET scored a cracking goal from outside the box or was that in another game?

8 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Old Fatty Evans another name I had forgotten about and I can remember Power was desperate to get him here 3 or 4 years ago before we got Flitcroft. I can remember Scally also went to prison for gbh on a teenager so obviously not a nice man.

when you beat them in the semi was that whwn JET scored a cracking goal from outside the box or was that in another game?

That was against a small itinerant team currently squatting on North Bristol Somewhere 

Archived