IGNORED

Bristol city featured in Casualty?

1 minute ago, Natchfever said:

Totally shit program now filmed in Cardiff. 

At the time when it was filmed in Bristol, my mum worked in A&E reception at the BRI. Apparently they used consultants from there as clinical advisors for the script - and she recognised many of the more out-there medical stories as things that had actually happened

I remember they filmed bottom of the Dolman Stand during a game near the corner of there and the east end during a night game (certain it was a night game but could be wrong) 

Also, they filmed when there wasn't a game and had to put a large cover over the Atyeo stand to cover the Bristol City writing on the seats. 

I've not watched it for years but I recall those. 

22 minutes ago, The Batman said:

I remember they filmed bottom of the Dolman Stand during a game near the corner of there and the east end during a night game (certain it was a night game but could be wrong) 

Also, they filmed when there wasn't a game and had to put a large cover over the Atyeo stand to cover the Bristol City writing on the seats. 

I've not watched it for years but I recall those. 

No, they actually changed the "B" to an "H"  for Holby.

In another early episode based on football, the used Mango's Cossham Street as the "training ground " .

My older brother and I both did youth theatre and my brother had a tiny bit part in Casualty when he was about 18 or 19.

As a teenager, he had a (fairly unfounded) paranoia about acne and spots. He got the occasional spot, but no more than any other teenage boy does, but would get massively worried about them and stare in the mirror for ages working out how to to get them to go away.

So when I saw the script and that the role he had been cast for was described as "a spotty-faced youth" I absolutely pissed myself laughing.

That's pretty much my be-all and end-all to my contribution to a conversation about Casualty, bar the fact I was once asked to audition for the role of a school bully. I'm pretty much the least convincing bully ever so I didn't get the part...

3 hours ago, ballwinningcentrehalf said:

Can’t have a thread like this without mentioning David Lloyd putting City references into ‘Doctors’ a few years ago.

Was it the ‘Carey, Coles and Hill’ Law firm? ?

I seem to recall a 'Good luck with the new job Mr Holloway?' to a patient leaving a doctor's room too.  After one of Holloway's one dismissal? Or did I dream that?  Am if I'm dreaming of Doctors scripts, I need to see one myself!!  

• Admin
5 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

There was an episode years ago when the two teams in the fictional city played each other. Reds v Blues and it resulted in lots of violence and admissions to casualty. don't think there was any shots of the ground though.

If that is the episode I am thinking of the actual ground used was Newport County's

Then some lad got chased and has hurt with this section being filmed all around the area where zero degrees is

52 minutes ago, phantom said:

If that is the episode I am thinking of the actual ground used was Newport County's

Then some lad got chased and has hurt with this section being filmed all around the area where zero degrees is

Correct. Justin Lee Collins played one of the hooligans. 

5 hours ago, semblar said:

At the time when it was filmed in Bristol, my mum worked in A&E reception at the BRI. Apparently they used consultants from there as clinical advisors for the script - and she recognised many of the more out-there medical stories as things that had actually happened

Yea my mum used to work at the BRI and worked with a surgeon who also had some work doing the close up shots of surgical procedures on the show so they looked authentic. 

5 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Think they used some city v Plymouth footage for there city derby 

That’s right.  A night game. As stated above, they filmed in the corner of the East End next to the Dolman.   We won 3-1.  Late nineties I think.  

2 hours ago, Malago said:

That’s right.  A night game. As stated above, they filmed in the corner of the East End next to the Dolman.   We won 3-1.  Late nineties I think.  

It was definitely a night game v Plymouth - some lad was treated for something in front of the EE down in the Dolman corner. I had an idea it was the game we won 2-0 when Mickey Bell got both - in the middle of that great run of wins in a row.

Archived