IGNORED

Best Individual Display

Dolman_Stand

1 minute ago, ballwinningcentrehalf said:

Leon Britton for Swansea often gets mentioned in these discussions.

I’m sure he got subbed late on and the whole ground applauded?

He did. He was brilliant In that match. Absolutely superb and the one performance of any player at AG that sticks in my memory.

Iirc it was a league cup match and ( I could be mistaken here) the game went into extra time.............:dunno:

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He did. He was brilliant In that match. Absolutely superb and the one performance of any player at AG that sticks in my memory.

Iirc it was a league cup match and ( I could be mistaken here) the game went into extra time.............:dunno:

Those were my recollections as well. It must have been this game http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_cup/3132925.stm

I had no memory of us winning by such a margin, but I do always remember Britton’s superb performance and the applause he received when he went off.

41 minutes ago, ballwinningcentrehalf said:

Those were my recollections as well. It must have been this game http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_cup/3132925.stm

I had no memory of us winning by such a margin, but I do always remember Britton’s superb performance and the applause he received when he went off.

Wasn't it this one? Swansea's promotion season?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/9379677.stm

1 hour ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Stolen straight from the BBC's daily attempt at entertaining football supporters during this lockdown period, whats the best individual performance you have ever witnessed either for or against City?

Collymore when Forest demolished us 1-4 at Christmas ... was it 1993? He was unplayable that day ...

11 minutes ago, glynriley said:

John Salako for Swansea at Ashton Gate 1989. Beat us 3-1 and Salako tore our defence a new one.

I remember that one - He was truly excellent that day, and we were deservedly beaten, but for most of the rest of that season we were on the whole excellent and deserved our promotion - arguably if Taylor hadnt got injured at easter time we'd have probaly won the title.

I dont know why but for that season I always felt that game was the turning point.

2 minutes ago, cityal said:

I remember that one - He was truly excellent that day, and we were deservedly beaten, but for most of the rest of that season we were on the whole excellent and deserved our promotion - arguably if Taylor hadnt got injured at easter time we'd have probaly won the title.

I dont know why but for that season I always felt that game was the turning point.

an awesome performance from Salako.....I remember he was up for sale at £200,000 at the time.....what a bargain

2 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

an awesome performance from Salako.....I remember he was up for sale at £200,000 at the time.....what a bargain

Indeed the wingers we had that season in Smith and Gavin were two of the best in the division, but on that performance the thought of having Salako providing for Turner and Taylor would have been quite something.

4 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Freddy Eastwood?

That's the one, I kept getting Westwood in my head and knew it wasn't correct. 

He was a really classy player in league one and if I remember correctly got a bad injury shortly after moving up to championship level

Forgot the Tomlin one earlier in this thread he was superb that day against Huddersfield, another that sticks out for me was Danny Coles against Cardiff (or more specifically Rob Earnshaw) duing the Wilson years he could have been a top player if he had dedicated himself to football.

As for against I thought David Silva and Kevin De Bruyne were sensational against us for City in that League Cup semi-final home leg

Archived