IGNORED

Best Individual Display

Dolman_Stand

46 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

For us oldies...... Kevin Mabbutt hat-trick at Old Trafford? Not many City players are likely to ever do that.

Or Joe Royle scoring four against Middlesbrough at AG. 

For even older oldies - John Atyeo scoring 4 second half goals away to Shrewsbury. In more recent times, Evander Sno playing for Ajax against City in a friendly. I couldn’t believe it when City signed  him, but unfortunately it didn’t work out. Or, Dave Smith the lightning winger playing for Gillingham against City. I met him in hospitality after the match and told him he should sign for City. He did at the end of the season so he was obviously impressed by my football expertise 

Glad Smudger is being mentioned already. That game he had for Gillingham, wow!

I would also like to add to this list Liam Walsh's second half performance against Stoke City. Brought on as a sub at half time and then he ran the show. It was a privilege to have been there, especially as I'd flown over from Norn Iron for that game! 

1 hour ago, Dolman_Stand said:

My first ever game watching City, don't remember a thing about it though

We played the day before away to West Brom, And managers moan now about not enough rest! Actually I remember the West Brom game we got absolutely battered yet won the game. Tinman Scored I think.

Monday, December 27th 1993  West Browmich Albion  team badge West Browmich Albion A League Division 1 W 0-1 ATT: 22,888 -  
Tuesday, December 28th 1993  Nottingham Forest  team badge Nottingham Forest H League Division 1 L 1-4 ATT: 20,725  

22 minutes ago, Super said:

We played the day before away to West Brom, And managers moan now about not enough rest! Actually I remember the West Brom game we got absolutely battered yet won the game. Tinman Scored I think.

Monday, December 27th 1993  West Browmich Albion  team badge West Browmich Albion A League Division 1 W 0-1 ATT: 22,888 -  
Tuesday, December 28th 1993  Nottingham Forest  team badge Nottingham Forest H League Division 1 L 1-4 ATT: 20,725  

I went to both those, and think you're right that Tinnion got the winner at the Hawthorns.

11 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

I went to both those, and think you're right that Tinnion got the winner at the Hawthorns.

Think that Forest team were the last team you wanted to face with less than 24 hours rest.

1 hour ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Freddy Eastwood?

Correct, was going to mention him, scored a couple of screamers that day iirc. Also remember Assombalonga ripping us a new one at AG whilst he was at P'boro.

9 minutes ago, Ashtonboy said:

Ray Cashley away to West Brom. Cashleys Last Stand!

Joe Royle home to Middlesbrough. 4 goals, didn't score for another 19 matches!

If I remember that game correctly, it was an evening game and Cash was beaten all ends up....once. The ball flew past him on the way to the net and Sweeney was running back behind Cash....looking directly at the goal. The fierce drive I think from Tony Brown) whacked Sween on the ass and the flew over the bar. Sween knew absolutely nothing about it until the ball hit him. You know it's your night when...….

6 hours ago, ballwinningcentrehalf said:

Leon Britton for Swansea often gets mentioned in these discussions.

I’m sure he got subbed late on and the whole ground applauded?

Was just about to say Leon Britton he was absolutely outstanding, I’m pretty sure nugent played up front for them in the same game and he was a right handful.

7 hours ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Stolen straight from the BBC's daily attempt at entertaining football supporters during this lockdown period, whats the best individual performance you have ever witnessed either for or against City?

Stan Collymore for Forest at Ashton gate, he ripped us apart.

I think he scored 2 or 3, we just couldn’t cope with him.

27 minutes ago, Malago said:

Colin Cramb.  Reserves against the Gas reserves.  6-0.  He scored all 6.  I lived on Cumberland Road at the time.  Was supposed to be writing a report from home, but by good fortune sneaked to AG.

Reserve games are fun to watch but not necessarily a good judge of talent. David Seal scored 4 goals in a trial reserve match and was promptly signed. Although he had some good days he didn’t make it as a first team player. He found his level playing for Mangotsfield where he was prolific 

8 hours ago, 2015 said:

JET AGAINST City in 2010 for Doncaster

This

7 hours ago, ballwinningcentrehalf said:

Has anyone mentioned Samuel Eto’o for Real Mallorca yet? Was only a friendly obviously but he was absolutely incredible.

This. Phonominal.

3 hours ago, Charlie0016 said:

Zaha for palace around 2011/12 and assombalonga when we played for Peterborough 

This again. Incredible. Zaha was such a special player. He was like Real Madrid ready.

Also Kyle Walker when on loan at QPR from Spurs 2010/11. How could a right back run the show, he was everywhere.

Gareth Bale when he was 15/16 against us in a friendly. The kid (at the time) looked like he was on another planet; went off injured and saw his face as he walked down the Atyeo and thought **** ME THIS KID HAS BEEN DOING US PROPER!

Archived