IGNORED

Riffs

AppyDAZE

2 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Cracking band, CRACKING riff. One of my favs.

Let's have some of your favs

Oh good topic and a fine choice sir.

How about the B52s Rock Lobster? Beat It by Michael Jackson? And of course (Don't Fear) The Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult.

On the bass, JJ's Peaches, one of the first things I ever taught myself to play as a teenager, along with Money by the Floyd and Warhead by the UK Subs. 

Dr Feelgood   Roxette (live)

My favourite band of all time (along with XTC and Thunder).

Thunder             Stand Up

Thunder     I Love You More Than Rick And Roll

XTC              Knuckle Down

And finally, nobody with any sense, knocks the Quo.

Status Quo  Roadhouse Blues Medley Live

25 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

@Norn Iron Good stuff. You like Thunder, i guess you like them as Terraplane? I used to love that band.

Funnily enough, no!

There was a C4 series called Rock Steady around 1989 with the excellent rock radio presenters Nicky Horne (grew up listening to his weeknight Capital Radio show You're Morher Wouldn't Like It) and Dave Fanning. They showed no more than a 20 second video clip of Dirty Love. My mate and I, purely on that clip, bought tickets to see them at the BierKeller/Dingwalls. We hadn't heard the album prior to the gig.

Hooked ever since.

3 weeks before moving to Norn Iron, Thunder played a one off gig at Bolsover Castle. Their support? Dr Feelgood. It was as if the gig had been arranged for me as a send off. 

Thunder played Mandela Hall (where else but at a Uni), Belfast 3 years ago. It was superb to see them again. I think that was my 15th Thunder gig. They've had their highs, and many a low. It's great they at last, are reaping the accolades the band rightfully deserve with an arena tour later this year.....hopefully!

3 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Funnily enough, no!

There was a C4 series called Rock Steady around 1989 with the excellent rock radio presenters Nicky Horne (grew up listening to his weeknight Capital Radio show You're Morher Wouldn't Like It) and Dave Fanning. They showed no more than a 20 second video clip of Dirty Love. My mate and I, purely on that clip, bought tickets to see them at the BierKeller/Dingwalls. We hadn't heard the album prior to the gig.

Hooked ever since.

3 weeks before moving to Norn Iron, Thunder played a one off gig at Bolsover Castle. Their support? Dr Feelgood. It was as if the gig had been arranged for me as a send off. 

Thunder played Mandela Hall (where else but at a Uni), Belfast 3 years ago. It was superb to see them again. I think that was my 15th Thunder gig. They've had their highs, and many a low. It's great they at last, are reaping the accolades the band rightfully deserve with an arena tour later this year.....hopefully!

Totally agree. Yeah, Terraplane didn't last long but the rock album they made was pretty good, if slightly (very) overproduced. Cheers for the info, mate

I saw Terraplane live, but never saw Thunder

Archived