IGNORED

Extended interview with BRADLEY ORR

Shtanley

Hey y'all,

How are you planning to spend your bank holiday weekend?

Why not listen to a lengthy chat with Bradley Orr all about his career?

He talks to OSIB about: going to prison, the Wembley injury and getting sent off for fighting with Louis Carey.

Click here to listen on iTunes/Apple Podcasts.

Listen via web browser

If you're on social media give us a follow @osibpodcast in order to stay up to date.

As always keen to hear people's favourite bits and thoughts!

3 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Exceptional work as always. 

don’t want to be a “spoiler” but........

We paid Nicky Hunt DOUBLE what we offered Bradley Orr. I can’t stop shaking my head. 

Sadly didn’t surprise me in a way. Sickening but that sums up the shamble we became for those few years. I’m sure Damien Stewart would’ve been on double or triple what Carey was on. 

Top stuff lads!
Great interview and loved Brad’s honesty and willingness to say it how it was. He always seemed really genuine at the time and that’s exactly how he came across.

Remember meeting him and Marv on the way back from a game in the north on a train back to London. They were on their way to the PFA awards in London the day after. They chatted for a couple of hours and were genuinely interested in what us as fans thought and our experiences of following the club. 

Great memories of that era so thanks for capturing them so well in the interview. 

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Your best guest so far which surprises me as always got the impression he was a ********.  Very honest and open. Superb listen. Great interviewing as well guys. Just letting him talk. Wish the pros would do that more often 

I think from about 10 mins in we knew it was going to be a good one. After he said he was well keen to come on, he asked to hear the other interviews Stan had done & he text me to say he’d basically listened to them all in the space of 2 days. Can tell he Genuinely loves the club & particularly loved that period of his life 

Honestly great work lads. 

It's good to hear the inside stories of people I grew up watching and getting their view of things. 

Bradley seems like a great bloke who didn't shy away from the negative bits of his time but always wanted to do well for us and that shone through. 

He was a quality RB too. 

Quality interview, and quality bloke. A few things came through for me:

He isn't the best judge of his ability or level of ability around him.

Always praises others for the influence they have had on him.

Always wanted to do well with us.

Highly rated GJ as the best manager he ever worked for (a swipe to those that want Warnock but disliked GJ maybe). 

Nicky hunt on double his wages was a criminal way to spend supporters money.

Always speaks his mind and wears his heart on his sleeve and on a personal level won't take nonsense from anyone.

17 hours ago, walnutroof said:

I was thinking that 

Me too. Fair play to Windass! Great intevrview. Surprised about Warnock, but does make some sense. ******* Tarabt eh? Wonder if he has grown up now he is doing well as a box to box midfielder for Benfica. Just got to the Blackburn bit ******* hell...

Loved the City bits as always.

Great interview, really enjoyed it. 

Trundle mentioned they had an argument in his book & said it was quickly forgotten about but doesn’t go into it much, cracked me up when Orr mentioned it!

Anyone remember Bradley Orrs uncles (I think) username? Would love to have a look through the posts. 

Taraabt is a piece of shit. 

15 hours ago, glastonred said:

I think one of his pet phrases could perhaps sum him up, in describing him as a "diamond fella".

Was that when he was attacking Tommy Doc? Trying to stop someone else getting beat up (with violence)? Or punching that stretcher bearer? Or attacking Carey? Those are just the things from the interview.

Is he a Diamond fella, or has he made enough money and isn't in any stressful situations which make him use physical violence anymore? Enjoyed the interview, he's the best right back since..., and we still haven't really replaced him (hopefully Pereira) but I'm not going to hero worship the man as he was. Enjoyed his football once he switched to RB. And enjoyed the interview mainly.

I didn't like the laughing at violence towards a medical staff member or an inmates mental health. That was a bit... ahh... awkward... Maybe you laugh out of shock then apologise, I dunno, didn't like that,

1 hour ago, 054123 said:

Thought that was a great listen.

Maybe my favourite pod to date?

24 minutes ago, redsapper said:

@Shtanley

Best one yet. Only planned to listen to the first 30 minutes but lessened all of the way through. 

24 minutes ago, redsapper said:

@Shtanley

Best one yet. Only planned to listen to the first 30 minutes but lessened all of the way through. 

Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed as much as we enjoyed recording ??

5 hours ago, Prinny said:

Was that when he was attacking Tommy Doc? Trying to stop someone else getting beat up (with violence)? Or punching that stretcher bearer? Or attacking Carey? Those are just the things from the interview.

Is he a Diamond fella, or has he made enough money and isn't in any stressful situations which make him use physical violence anymore? Enjoyed the interview, he's the best right back since..., and we still haven't really replaced him (hopefully Pereira) but I'm not going to hero worship the man as he was. Enjoyed his football once he switched to RB. And enjoyed the interview mainly.

I didn't like the laughing at violence towards a medical staff member or an inmates mental health. That was a bit... ahh... awkward... Maybe you laugh out of shock then apologise, I dunno, didn't like that,

Yeah valid points. I see it in context of their life at that time. I listened to the Crouch podcast and the way they spoke about women made me uncomfortable, I am probably more able to make an allowance rightly or wrongly for Orr as he was someone I loved as a player. He clearly has a thing about "proper men" and that can be toxic as we know. Do you reckon Tommy cares about it? That he hasn't given people a few kicks?

Probably need to listen again, but I took the MH comment within the context of him being in an alien situation and as he said the man was a violent offender and clearly had challenges, but also looked after Orr in Prison. We aren't all perfect are we and we are complicated? I've done loads of things I'm not proud of but have learned from and I still look back at them and think wtf was I thinking, but I can also laugh at the situations now at times.

He is friends with Barton so perhaps not the biggest surprise....

It's the same with the Lita interview I reckon.

On 23/05/2020 at 09:33, And Its Smith said:

Your best guest so far which surprises me as always got the impression he was a ********.  Very honest and open. Superb listen. Great interviewing as well guys. Just letting him talk. Wish the pros would do that more often 

Definitely the best one yet. Surprised at your opinion about him though, think you might be on your own there.

Looking for to listening to this.  

Bradley earned my respect the moment he faced the TV cameras in a post match interview after the notorious headbutt.  He was contrite and emotional.  Took tremendous courage and real backbone to do that, especially so soon after it happened.  A real credit to himself and his upbringing.  ?

Archived