IGNORED

Extended interview with BRADLEY ORR

Shtanley

Think you can see from my username that i am just a "tad" biased but trust me Brad is a really Top Guy.  He also has a lovely wife Liz and a pair of great twins.  City through and through and although I have not listened to the podcast yet (Actually saving it???) I know its going to be very very good.

Brad says it as it is and my favourite ever BCFC player.

Yet again top work lads.

8 hours ago, BradleyOrrsRightFoot said:

Think you can see from my username that i am just a "tad" biased but trust me Brad is a really Top Guy.  He also has a lovely wife Liz and a pair of great twins.  City through and through and although I have not listened to the podcast yet (Actually saving it???) I know its going to be very very good.

Yet again top work lads.

I feel ashamed that’s not what I read in my mind...

Great interview. Just promise him free Deliveroo for a week and Tomlin would be all over it. 

From the play off team would be interesting to hear what Trundle or McIndoe would have to say. Saying that I haven’t noticed McIndoe on here since the same time as he was releasing his book? 

18 hours ago, BradleyOrrsRightFoot said:

Yet again top work lads.

You're not his uncle are you?!

19 hours ago, Lew-T said:

I feel ashamed that’s not what I read in my mind...

Don't be, or at least know you are not the only one. I was going to admonish BORF for being so sexist but I think I'll just leave it now.

• Admin
On 25/05/2020 at 14:16, BradleyOrrsRightFoot said:

Lee Trundle....He also has a lovely wife Liz and a pair of great twins.

I remember being at Hillsborough when she sat next to me with her mate.

I couldn't tell you a thing that happened on the pitch that day

Going back to the interview, I don't know how but I have not listened to many of these before. But this interview is great

The section on the Wembley events is an eye opener.

He said as he was being stretchered down tunnel at Wembley he chinned one of the stretcher bearers as they wouldn't loosen the straps on his body.

He said after his surgery his surgeon said if he had got his head on Windass' shot it would have probably killed him 

Orr said he did go for the ball but was seeing four balls at the time 

He added Barmby and Windass phoned him 2/3 times a day over the next three months

Interesting that when he refused to sign his contract that Steve Lansdown called him and said he would play if he could guarantee the same level of commitment etc after he had been told that he wouldn't play unless he signed his contract

• Admin
On 24/05/2020 at 09:26, Carey 6 said:

Anyone remember Bradley Orrs uncles (I think) username? Would love to have a look through the posts. 

He mentioned his uncle would spend hours on OTIB then passing on info to Orr

Orr did say he used to read threads on here too

Hi both if you are reading !

42 minutes ago, phantom said:

I remember being at Hillsborough when she sat next to me with her mate.

I couldn't tell you a thing that happened on the pitch that day

Going back to the interview, I don't know how but I have not listened to many of these before. But this interview is great

The section on the Wembley events is an eye opener.

He said as he was being stretchered down tunnel at Wembley he chinned one of the stretcher bearers as they wouldn't loosen the straps on his body.

He said after his surgery his surgeon said if he had got his head on Windass' shot it would have probably killed him 

Orr said he did go for the ball but was seeing four balls at the time 

He added Barmby and Windass phoned him 2/3 times a day over the next three months

Interesting that when he refused to sign his contract that Steve Lansdown called him and said he would play if he could guarantee the same level of commitment etc after he had been told that he wouldn't play unless he signed his contract

Spoilers!!

On 25/05/2020 at 12:26, RedSkin said:

Looking for to listening to this.  

Bradley earned my respect the moment he faced the TV cameras in a post match interview after the notorious headbutt.  He was contrite and emotional.  Took tremendous courage and real backbone to do that, especially so soon after it happened.  A real credit to himself and his upbringing.  ?

Start with letting you know what a brilliant podcast that was. As with others, I started to listen and could not stop..... one thing Bradley never lacked was courage (on and off the field and I think morally to) I have total respect for him, no one is perfect or has never made a mistake or done a few things they regret, Bradley's were just more public then ours... 

So glad he came on to your podcast, I always felt that  his injury in the play offs was a game changer... I was a bit bitter that he left us (as I am your standard grumpy supporter, who thinks everything should revolve around my cub :laugh:...), but not anymore and certainly not once you hear his side of it all.

Thanks as always to Stan and Pete and all the others that make the OSIB podcast one of the best in the UK.

100%!

Of course it is all what ifs and maybes, but, but, but, switching Marvin Elliot out of midfield to bring on LJ (I am NOT an LJ basher! - love him as manager, not as a player...)..

Its hindsight, but switching Carey to right back (a far more natural move and what every other manager would have done) and bringing on Tamas Vasko to replace him in the middle, was what should have happened. IMHO

Alas he never did, we never made it and have never had a better chance since.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

The story about him being dropped and then re-selected due to influence of Steve Lansdown is certainly interesting too

That story begs the question how many other times has this happened and to what degree?

Didn’t really take it that way in all honesty. I took it SL was more the middle man & was sounding out Bradley’s mindset & was he willing to help out as he had been basically banished from the first team training etc. COYR 

2 hours ago, brady bunch said:

100%!

Of course it is all what ifs and maybes, but, but, but, switching Marvin Elliot out of midfield to bring on LJ (I am NOT an LJ basher! - love him as manager, not as a player...)..

Its hindsight, but switching Carey to right back (a far more natural move and what every other manager would have done) and bringing on Tamas Vasko to replace him in the middle, was what should have happened. IMHO

Alas he never did, we never made it and have never had a better chance since.

Carey agrees with you. Said he wishes they'd brought on Vasko.

Great listen. Hearing him say Rotherham/promotion was his best day in football. I will never forget being sat in the Dolman, fans lining to go on the pitch and Orr looks at the ref who’s already doing a runner and about to blow, he turns to the Dolman, holds his arms out and with a beaming smile screams “come on then” at the fans as the whistle blows. Proper heart on sleeve lad and a great memory.

Another great podcast. 

Also, despite him giving me probably my worst day in football, big respect to Dean Windass for getting Orr to stop playing that final as it sounds like he was in a bad way and it could have been a hell of a lot worse

Do Blackburn supporters still hate Bradders? If they do, I suggest if they listen to this podcast they might reappraise his time with them. His loyalty to their club in accepting the potential risks to play when he did is mental. Especially when others were making the demands that they did*.

Slightly off-topic, having more time than usual, my brother and I did a draft somewhat like Stanley did on a rival podcast month or two back. Our rules were anyone who played for us from 1988/89 to 2014/15 due to "reasons".

With the caveat of Luke Ayling (who never really played right-back for us but probably would have been excellent (see, Leeds United)), Orr is so far and away the best we have had in that time period, it's not even close. I was furious when my brother got him as the alternatives really are honest but limited (Llewellyn, Locke), utter shitehawks (Hunt, Foster) or in Liam Rosenior's case a bumbling balls up...

30 minutes ago, awbb said:

Do Blackburn supporters still hate Bradders? If they do, I suggest if they listen to this podcast they might reappraise his time with them. His loyalty to their club in accepting the potential risks to play when he did is mental. Especially when others were making the demands that they did*.

Slightly off-topic, having more time than usual, my brother and I did a draft somewhat like Stanley did on a rival podcast month or two back. Our rules were anyone who played for us from 1988/89 to 2014/15 due to "reasons".

With the caveat of Luke Ayling (who never really played right-back for us but probably would have been excellent (see, Leeds United)), Orr is so far and away the best we have had in that time period, it's not even close. I was furious when my brother got him as the alternatives really are honest but limited (Llewellyn, Locke), utter shitehawks (Hunt, Foster) or in Liam Rosenior's case a bumbling balls up...

You'd have to go Louis Carey at right-back, wouldn't you? He played there a lot for us. Probably actually played some of his best football in that position behind Scott Murray.

It is funny how right-back has always been a bit of a problem position for us, though, when you consider how many good left-backs we've had...

1 hour ago, The Journalist said:

You'd have to go Louis Carey at right-back, wouldn't you? He played there a lot for us. Probably actually played some of his best football in that position behind Scott Murray.

It is funny how right-back has always been a bit of a problem position for us, though, when you consider how many good left-backs we've had...

That’s an entirely fair and legitimate comment and my normal prejudices are once again exposed!

I genuinely think Orr was better as a full-back and Carey was far better as a CB than RB but forgetting to mention him was a glaring error!

Yeah... Bailey, Scott, Barnard, Bell, Brennan, McAllister, Cunningham, Bryan and now Dasilva... I’ve probably missed a couple of useful ones there as well!

Excellent podcast, Bradley came across really well and seems a real genuine bloke. 

Mind you, I’ve always felt that scousers are the salt of the earth, real genuine people whose hearts seem in the right place, they are a great bunch of people imo.

I was really interested listening to him saying that he’s fell out of love with the pro game, because I’ve gone exactly the same way over the last 3-4 years, I’m far happier watching non league and grassroots football now. The top level has lost its appeal for me, and listening to Bradley’s reasons for his fall out with it, just confirmed my feelings. 

Also, thanks  to the lads who do the podcast, much appreciated ??

Archived