IGNORED

Extended interview with BRADLEY ORR

Shtanley

Great podcast , really enjoyed this one and the Leroy Lita one.

One thing that came across was Orrs confidence in himself which you can either take as arrogant or just the level of self belief needed to make it as a pro footballer (it's probably the latter).

It's such a shame our 2 best right backs in recent times (him and Ayling ) have moved on with still plenty of years left to give the club. 

The revelation about Hunts salary vs Orrs is absolutely shocking if true. I did wonder if Orr was as desperate to stay as he said he was though (he also mentioned at other times in the pod about desire to move on/play at top level) . Alternatively perhaps coppell really didnt rate Orr (even though Orr implies coppell told him transfers were nothing to do with him ). 

A great player for the club and someone who turned from someone I didnt rate initially  into someone who I never wanted to leave and would be one of the first names on the team sheets  (brownhill and pack being two others in recent years -good job I am not a scout!!)

Mcalister , Orr, McCombe and carey with basso in goal and elliot in holding midfield....no surprise we were so hard to beat!

Keep up the good work on the podcast lads

Listened to a couple of the Club’s podcast with Downsy. OSIB really is a much better and more enjoyable listen with the guest being allowed to say what they want to say in full rather than being cut off mid answer. The club podcast also as you’d expect definitely vetted to make sure nothing at all negative is said about the club whereas being separate from the club guests on OSIB are able to pretty much say it as it is. Keep up the good work ?

A little late to the party with this one, but I listened earlier.

Cracking interview, well done lads. 

Thought Orr came across very well. Much like with Lita, he's obviously grown up a lot over the years and isn't the hothead he was when he was younger. 

I'd love to see footage of Lita roundhousing Brooker. ? 

Playing catch up with the pod casts. This was brilliant Stanley & Pete. 

Was shocked at his story of being arm twisted to play for Blackburn whilst injured and also having to sign a disclaimer absolving them of any liability. 

Did I also by any chance occasionally here the sound of cans being opened in the background?

27 minutes ago, Reigate Red said:

Playing catch up with the pod casts. This was brilliant Stanley & Pete. 

Was shocked at his story of being arm twisted to play for Blackburn whilst injured and also having to sign a disclaimer absolving them of any liability. 

Did I also by any chance occasionally here the sound of cans being opened in the background?

guilty!

Listened to this earlier and thought it was brilliant. Well done guys.

Bradley comes across as honest, passionate and a genuine fan of football and that alone is refreshing to hear.

Two things I will take from that is:

A. Dont mess with Leroy Lita

B. Adel Taarabt is an absolute shambles of a human

On 28/05/2020 at 10:23, RobArnold10 said:

Great listen. Hearing him say Rotherham/promotion was his best day in football. I will never forget being sat in the Dolman, fans lining to go on the pitch and Orr looks at the ref who’s already doing a runner and about to blow, he turns to the Dolman, holds his arms out and with a beaming smile screams “come on then” at the fans as the whistle blows. Proper heart on sleeve lad and a great memory.

Got signed photos of this on my office wall! 

Just finished early this morning superb gents thank you! Right up there with the GJ and LC ones for me.

Such a revealing interview and loads of honesty. He comes across really well and clearly still loves Bristol and the club.

Interesting to note McInnes tried to resign him.

Loved the Bradley Orr interview, genuine guy with pure emotion in his stories and feelings on things, really brought you in and I wanted to hear more and more.  Seems a shame someone like him has fallen out of love with football and is not in the game at all anymore.

I would have been interested to hear if he's done his badges and if he would be interested in coaching/managing..?

@Shtanley @petehinton

genuinely loved listening to this lads. That 2006-2008 city team was one of my favs ever and Bradley Orr is one of my fav players. 

I’ve got a couple of mates that are fans of QPR/Blackburn and mentioned what Bradley said on those clubs and they were very interested. - you could create an edited down sound clip of just what’s said on those clubs and push it on social using those clubs’ hashtags, to get more engagement etc. 

Idk, just a thought, I know it’s city af podcast so who cares about other club’s fans but they were very interested and could be good to use that as a way to get the content to them. 

I am just catching up with these Cider with's, just listening to Alby at the moment. I was a little conflicted by Bradleys interview, at the beginning it seemed like everyone was "a diamond fella", even his cell mate who was in "for violent crime", and Joey Barton who seems to be a long way from a "diamond". If he means they were good to him than that's fine, I am sure we have all mixed with people who have reputations, but seem perfectly good company if you are on their good side. 
The fact he was so positive about so many people seems to be even more of a testament to what a horrible human being Taraabt was, although I don't think that excuses Joey Barton kicking him all round the training pitch, it seems slightly more understandable. To think that there were people hoping we would sign Taraabt and even more so, that there are those who would still have Warnock as Manager despite him allowing that kind of behaviour. 
There's no one that truly doesn't want promotion, but I personally wouldn't want it at that kind of cost.

Do people agree with his assessment that he was at one time the best RB in the championship by a distance? Always loved Orr but there have been some other very decent RBs in the championship over the years. 

Archived