IGNORED

could we watch Bristol City on the big screen at Ashton Gate?

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Actually, a dive in cinema screening for matches, could be a great idea. 

Not ideal, of course, but better than in isolation at home - yet safe. 

Where they putting the pool?

Having lived on Australia for a long time I can tell you Drive In's are the fido's gonads. Very often they would do "dusk till dawn" sessions which went all night as the term suggests. Remember going to a "Rockyathon" which was all the Rocky movies in one go. Another was a "Dirty Harryathon". Great fun on a warm night in my old Holden HT van (better known as the shaggin waggin) which was like this one and decked out in the back with mattress, cocktail cabinet & sound system. Reverse up, open the back up, hang the speaker on the window, cuddle up and enjoy the movie.

th.jpeg-3.jpg

On 24/05/2020 at 13:20, redsapper said:

Sounds a good idea to me. If it can be used as a cinema why not football?

Football is better watched as a group.  

If the games are free to air, then apparently you can show them, if they are on subscription it is supposed to be with the agreement of the rights holder.

On 24/05/2020 at 10:01, Never to the dark side said:

Now, I might be adding 2 + 2 and getting 5, as The Post don't seem to know the location but, assuming this follows on from the announcement a week ago in 24/7 and on the Bristol Sport website...

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats-on/film/films-screened-bristols-upcoming-drive-4178396

On 25/05/2020 at 21:13, BigTone said:

Having lived on Australia for a long time I can tell you Drive In's are the fido's gonads. Very often they would do "dusk till dawn" sessions which went all night as the term suggests. Remember going to a "Rockyathon" which was all the Rocky movies in one go. Another was a "Dirty Harryathon". Great fun on a warm night in my old Holden HT van (better known as the shaggin waggin) which was like this one and decked out in the back with mattress, cocktail cabinet & sound system. Reverse up, open the back up, hang the speaker on the window, cuddle up and enjoy the movie.

th.jpeg-3.jpg

Sounds like a seedy night up the Downs or Tog Hill. 

Archived