IGNORED

If you could go back in time and watch any game live, that did not involve your club or country, what would it be?

Unan

2 hours ago, downendcity said:

WC Final 1970.

Possibly the finest team ever, including Pele at his best.

I was there, Downend. Won an all-expenses-paid trip to Mexico courtesy of the Ford motor company. Stayed at the same hotel as the England team in Guadalajara, saw all the group matches there, a short break in Acapulco, then on to Mexico City for the W. Germany/Italy semi, 3rd place game, and final. A dream come true for a football-mad 16 year-old. 

23 minutes ago, Final 3 Star said:

I was there, Downend. Won an all-expenses-paid trip to Mexico courtesy of the Ford motor company. Stayed at the same hotel as the England team in Guadalajara, saw all the group matches there, a short break in Acapulco, then on to Mexico City for the W. Germany/Italy semi, 3rd place game, and final. A dream come true for a football-mad 16 year-old. 

Incredible experience. You lucky lad. 

19 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Hengrove Athletic 3 - 9 Melbury Utd. I scored a hat trick. What I match!

10 minutes ago, CiderCraig said:

I was there! 

8 minutes ago, CiderCraig said:

I wasn't, but you were probably happy when you thought someone was for a moment! ?

I can remember one man and a dog watching. Anyone on the forum called Fido? 

Swansea City v Minehead, FA cup 1st round November 1976

I was young and couldn't get anyone to take me, this at a time I would watch every Minehead home game, unless I was lucky enough to go to Ashton Gate.

It was the days before teletext and so the only way of finding out the score was to listen to final score in the radio.

The 5 seconds he took to read out "Swansea City ....nil -  Minehead.....one" seemed to take 3 minutes as everything seemed to go in slow motion. What a result. 

Archived