IGNORED

If you could go back in time and watch any game live, that did not involve your club or country, what would it be?

Unan

40 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Swansea City v Minehead, FA cup 1st round November 1976

I was young and couldn't get anyone to take me, this at a time I would watch every Minehead home game, unless I was lucky enough to go to Ashton Gate.

It was the days before teletext and so the only way of finding out the score was to listen to final score in the radio.

The 5 seconds he took to read out "Swansea City ....nil -  Minehead.....one" seemed to take 3 minutes as everything seemed to go in slow motion. What a result. 

Is that the year they played Portsmouth Away in the next round? I remeber my Nan and Grandad who lived next to the ground , on Queens Road, going to Portsmouth on the supporters coaches. My Nan served teas at half time for all the home games. 

5 hours ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Man City QPR

Liverpool AC Milan

Liverpool Barcelona

Tottenham Rovers 

Brazil Germany 

3 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Brazil v Germany 2014 World Cup semi final 

I was there for that one. Most insane half of football I have witnessed other than the 2nd half v Walsall in the 8-2.

2 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Is that the year they played Portsmouth Away in the next round? I remeber my Nan and Grandad who lived next to the ground , on Queens Road, going to Portsmouth on the supporters coaches. My Nan served teas at half time for all the home games. 

Correct, Minehead lost 2-1 to a very good Pompey team. We were a small club playing on a recreation ground with one small grandstand and almost made it to the 3rd round.

I'm not sure we could have hosted Man Utd if we had won but it would have been fun trying. We did play Exeter City the following year in the first round but lost 0-3

4 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Hengrove Athletic 3 - 9 Melbury Utd. I scored a hat trick. What I match!

Disappointing for you that the player who scored 9 for the other side went away with the match ball then. ;)

Gerrard’s Cross U16s 2-7 Downley Dynamoes U16s.

Our rivals. When we won div 5, they were 2nd. When we won div 4, they were 2nd. When we won div 3. This game made sure they didn’t come 2nd. They never saw div 2. Scenes at the end of that game. Plus I scored so that makes it that much better.

Mighty Leeds v Sunderland (2nd div) FA Cup Final 1973. Leeds couldn't lose. I had a 10p bet with my mate, we were ten years old, that Sunderland would win. He always thought I was a mug. 1-0 to Sunderland and that Jim Montgomery double save for Sunderland. Great day when the cup meant something.

Archived