Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

If you could go back in time and watch any game live, that did not involve your club or country, what would it be?


Recommended Posts

WC Final 1970.

Possibly the finest team ever, including Pele at his best.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Peru v Scotland 1978 World Cup. Just love seeing the Scots get beat and this game had everything. 2 great goals from Teofilo Cubillas (and the one from Cueto wasn't bad either) and a missed penalty by the Scots. And for those less inclined to see the Scots get beat their goal was scored by Joe Jordan. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, downendcity said:

WC Final 1970.

Possibly the finest team ever, including Pele at his best.

I was there, Downend. Won an all-expenses-paid trip to Mexico courtesy of the Ford motor company. Stayed at the same hotel as the England team in Guadalajara, saw all the group matches there, a short break in Acapulco, then on to Mexico City for the W. Germany/Italy semi, 3rd place game, and final. A dream come true for a football-mad 16 year-old. 

  • Like 6
  • Flames 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ajax 5-1 Liverpool, 1966.

First arrival of Ajax, Cruyff and the Netherlands as major players in European competition. Rinus Michels masterclass.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Preston 4 Swindon 0 - 2015

Czech Rep 3 Netherlands 2 - 2004

Portugal 3 Spain 3 - 2018

France 1 Brazil 0 - 2006 

Man Utd 2 Bayern Munich 1 - 1999

Liverpool 4 Barcelona 0 - 2019

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Final 3 Star said:

I was there, Downend. Won an all-expenses-paid trip to Mexico courtesy of the Ford motor company. Stayed at the same hotel as the England team in Guadalajara, saw all the group matches there, a short break in Acapulco, then on to Mexico City for the W. Germany/Italy semi, 3rd place game, and final. A dream come true for a football-mad 16 year-old. 

Incredible experience. You lucky lad. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Hengrove Athletic 3 - 9 Melbury Utd. I scored a hat trick. What I match!

 

Just now, CiderCraig said:

I was there! 

I wasn't, but you were probably happy when you thought someone was for a moment! 😂

  • Haha 6
  • Flames 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Hengrove Athletic 3 - 9 Melbury Utd. I scored a hat trick. What I match!

 

10 minutes ago, CiderCraig said:

I was there! 

 

8 minutes ago, CiderCraig said:

 

I wasn't, but you were probably happy when you thought someone was for a moment! 😂

I can remember one man and a dog watching. Anyone on the forum called Fido? 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...