IGNORED

LJ interview about fake crowd noise being used

Malago

On 07/06/2020 at 07:29, Red7 said:

Haven't the tinpot Sags used artificial crowd noise in the past? Seem to recall reports of this happening.

Rotherham certainly did it before - I remember going to them away a few years ago (Flint and Fielding had nightmares in a 2-2 draw) and they played the sound of cheering from the speakers when they scored!

So much about closed doors football terrifies me not least for the precedents it sets: on the lesser end, exactly this - crowd noise being pumped in. As our fan power and need for physical presence is reduced, the power of TV companies and money men becomes all the greater. We will get a situation in a few years time when the FA Cup final is played abroad because the fans no longer mean anything, of that much I'd bet my last pound. Dark forecasts, but no good can come from any of this! 

1 hour ago, poland_exile said:

So much about closed doors football terrifies me not least for the precedents it sets: on the lesser end, exactly this - crowd noise being pumped in. As our fan power and need for physical presence is reduced, the power of TV companies and money men becomes all the greater. We will get a situation in a few years time when the FA Cup final is played abroad because the fans no longer mean anything, of that much I'd bet my last pound. Dark forecasts, but no good can come from any of this! 

As far as the FA Cup is concerned, while I love it, it was devalued long ago. Given the chance I doubt half the Premier League teams would enter. 

On 08/06/2020 at 08:03, E.G.Red said:

It’s interesting that apparently Nottingham  Forest are training at The City Ground and not at their Wilford Lane training ground. This is so they can used to playing in their stadium without Fans and noise.
I wonder if this is something that City may consider as training progresses. 

LJ said in an interview a few weeks ago that we would be doing that.

Archived