IGNORED

New Kits 2020/21 - City Home Shirt Released

Unan

14 hours ago, Victory Park Reds said:

I’ve got two words to say about this kit shite and the other word is shite.

The fashion police should be locking up  the halfwits who designed this.

euro92 the blue kit which was never worn had  a lion design on the shirt but the blue and red is just bizarre on this joke.

Glad we haven’t got the Nike designers on our kit next season.

Honestly I had to make sure it wasn’t April 1st.

If this is the kit you were referring to, it was worn twice in 1992, albeit not at the finals in Sweden.

gettyimages-1200403-612x612.jpg.802a434842f426c4f8214cd5568ed5ee.jpg

article-2298471-18E52F37000005DC-363_634x375.jpg.aff2b199b07dc41dee29052c636dc0c0.jpg

5 hours ago, Southstandoriginal said:

No not really.  Germany and Italy and Holland are other examples of the kit not reflecting the flag.

Yeh, good point. Although I know the Dutch wear orange in honor of their royals. Italy and Germany? I'm not sure. Maybe our kit is based on the Union Jack in which case the blue would represent Scotland :shocking:

7 hours ago, Gakoe said:

Yeh, good point. Although I know the Dutch wear orange in honor of their royals. Italy and Germany? I'm not sure. Maybe our kit is based on the Union Jack in which case the blue would represent Scotland :shocking:

Italy play in blue as a nod to one of their former royal houses. Not sure as to the origin of Germany's kit.

2 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Italy play in blue as a nod to one of their former royal houses. Not sure as to the origin of Germany's kit.

Germany's flag was black/white/red when they played their first national team match in 1908. Guess it comes from that.

7 minutes ago, lambo said:

Germany's flag was black/white/red when they played their first national team match in 1908. Guess it comes from that.

Was thinking of their green shirt really. That one is odd? Interesting though.

19 minutes ago, Gakoe said:

Was thinking of their green shirt really. That one is odd? Interesting though.

There is an oft-quoted story that it derives from Ireland being the first country to play them post-war, so Germany adopted green in their honour, but that has been debunked.

It actually comes from the colours of the DFB crest.

On 10/03/2020 at 10:03, lambo said:

It's certainly better than the 'leaked' home kit....

img_2915.jpg

Beat me to it with the pic but that’s the one I’ve seen

On 10/03/2020 at 10:42, Gakoe said:

Na, not for me. I’ve never really understood why any England kit would be blue when the flag is red and white? Is it not supposed to be a representation of the flag?

International Kits aren’t specifically to do with the flag are they? Thought usually it was to do with the National FAs colours hence ours blue and white but the Red was to represent the cross of St George

Archived