IGNORED

New Kits 2020/21 - City Home Shirt Released

Unan

3 minutes ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

I was really excited to see what Hummel delivered. I’m not a fan of that particular one, too much red on it. The sponsors logo doesn’t work 

Yep, agree.

It seems the sponsor logo is quite high on the shirt, and this may be due to the v neck. What really doesn’t help though is the big red logo.

What would have been better is if the sponsor logo could have been colour matched to the shirt - i.e. put in green?

30 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Yep, agree.

It seems the sponsor logo is quite high on the shirt, and this may be due to the v neck. What really doesn’t help though is the big red logo.

What would have been better is if the sponsor logo could have been colour matched to the shirt - i.e. put in green?

And the badge, too.

7 minutes ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

It appears that the M has to be red as the colour is obviously a big part of Mansions brand. I think you’d struggle to make any kit look good with than monstrosity of a sponsor plastered on it

The Home shirt will likely see it different though, I would expect....

I die a little on the inside every time I see that hideous red circle around the badge. It angers me just how much better it would be with just the outline of the Robin (same as Forest just having the outline of the tree).

The benefit of that is you can do it in any colour to match the kit theme and it looks class. 

Red on purple looks absolutely awful, and that sponsor is utterly hideous.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Going to stick my neck out here. Over-complicated collar design. Sponsor logo makes shirt look too busy and the colour scheme clashes with the rest of the shirt.

Always prefer a clean, minimalist design. All looks a bit 90s to me and not in a good way.

Sorry, not for me.

Absolutely. Waaaay too much going on with the pattern, the collar is a mess and the red clashes. Unimpressed.

2 hours ago, Hare Island said:

I was focussing on gambling because of Dunder. Personally I think gambling is really harmfully promoted atm, loads of tv ads with a small “when the fun stops, stop” disclaimer. Real lack of accountability over things like FOBT. Dunder in particular is in some ways worse as an online offer where it’s even harder to identify problem gamblers (even if they wanted to).

But actually I would be uncomfortable in City being sponsored by a booze company too. Whilst it’s not illegal it seems the industry has taken the same view, in particular due to the impression it gives of promoting alcohol to kids. But I don’t think alcohol and the way it’s sold is vile in the same way gambling currently is. 

Also I don’t remember the last time a pub actively identified problem drinkers and regularly offered them free alcohol. That’s actually what these betting companies do, if you lose thousands of pounds they give you VIP status! You got more (and bigger) offers to entice you in.

I do matched-betting, I earn a full time wage exploiting the offers they give out, which have dried up compared to 4/5 years ago but take it from me, the more money you lose at a bookie the more offers and incentives they throw at you! 

I liked the "Robins" on the kids shirts, so disappointed they've dropped that.  Just looks like a training top now.

White socks?  That's an odd choice.

And suddenly changing the free shirt to be home shirt only is more than a bit off.  I've got two kids season tickets as occasionally my daughter will need to come as well.  She has no interest in football, but getting a season ticket was the only real option open to me without the hassle of trying to move when she comes.  I didn't mind as my little boy would get the shirts anyway, so the free shirt offer we used for 1 home, 1 away...  I know it's not a big thing, and I'm an exception to the rule with that, but even so... Also means that if you don't like the home shirt, tough!

2 hours ago, BCFC81 said:

Adult shirts start at £50 for the away shirt, and Kids are at £40.

So that’s an 11% increase on last season for adults, and a 14% increase for children. During a recession where literally millions are losing their jobs.

And then we have a thread saying the club will be asking us to help with their cash flow, while we have a billionaire owner and average footballers earning more in a week than many supporters do in a year.

Football takes the piss.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

So that’s an 11% increase on last season for adults, and a 14% increase for children. During a recession where literally millions are losing their jobs.

And then we have a thread saying the club will be asking us to help with their cash flow, while we have a billionaire owner and average footballers earning more in a week than many supporters do in a year.

Football takes the piss.

How are you surprised by a price increase when we bring in a supplier? That 11 and 14 percent increase will be the cut (at least) that Hummel will be taking. People complained about BS producing the kits and other elements of them, then complaints about when we bring in a kit supplier to do it instead. SL can only invest so much against FFP a year as well which he maxes out each year so him being a billionaire is largely irrelevant unless you're looking beyond the redevelopment of AG, creating the sporting quarter around the stadium and the redevelopment of the training ground.

Collar is a bit different but don't mind that, its the sponsor that ruins it for me, that betting company have one of the worst logos although it has looked even worse on previous Palace and Bournemouth shirts. However the sponsor actually might work ok on the home shirt. If I was still a shirt buyer I would go for the training shirt without the logo.

2 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

How are you surprised by a price increase when we bring in a supplier? That 11 and 14 percent increase will be the cut (at least) that Hummel will be taking. People complained about BS producing the kits and other elements of them, then complaints about when we bring in a kit supplier to do it instead. SL can only invest so much against FFP a year as well which he maxes out each year so him being a billionaire is largely irrelevant unless you're looking beyond the redevelopment of AG, creating the sporting quarter around the stadium and the redevelopment of the training ground.

Producing our own kits was supposed to bring about cost savings for the club. Yet we didn’t see any of those savings passed on to fans, who were charged the same (or more) as they were when we had Puma/Adidas. Now they revert back to a supplier and the price goes up again. At a time of appalling economic crisis.

Sorry, don’t agree with it, and I don’t understand why supporters seem so content to be fleeced. It’s £50 for a polyester T-shirt. You can’t tell me they can’t all make money by charging less - and they might even sell more and end up with the same profit.

Once again we’re in a situation where ordinary fans are defending being charged ridiculous prices to fund average footballers earning disproportionately massive salaries.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Producing our own kits was supposed to bring about cost savings for the club. Yet we didn’t see any of those savings passed on to fans, who were charged the same (or more) as they were when we had Puma/Adidas. Now they revert back to a supplier and the price goes up again. At a time of appalling economic crisis.

Sorry, don’t agree with it, and I don’t understand why supporters seem so content to be fleeced. It’s £50 for a polyester T-shirt. You can’t tell me they can’t all make money by charging less - and they might even sell more and end up with the same profit.

Once again we’re in a situation where ordinary fans are defending being charged ridiculous prices to fund average footballers earning disproportionately massive salaries.

Its the price Hummel shirts go for at all championship clubs so its not us as a club pushing the prices up. 'Now they revert back to a supplier and the price goes up again' from the time we left a supplier for BS to going back to a supplier the prices of shirts have increased generally by at least the increase we've seen. For going to BS we were never told the fans would see the price reduced we just knew the costs were reduced so the club took a larger share. If you really believe shirts are a major part of funding players then you're in for a big surprise, as for why the shirts aren't then just cheaper then its a case of how are fans still surprised by football as a business in general? City aren't an isolated case of this happening so not sure what fans expect.

Archived