IGNORED

New Kits 2020/21 - City Home Shirt Released

Unan

3 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Its the price Hummel shirts go for at all championship clubs so its not us as a club pushing the prices up. 'Now they revert back to a supplier and the price goes up again' from the time we left a supplier for BS to going back to a supplier the prices of shirts have increased generally by at least the increase we've seen. For going to BS we were never told the fans would see the price reduced we just knew the costs were reduced so the club took a larger share. If you really believe shirts are a major part of funding players then you're in for a big surprise, as for why the shirts aren't then just cheaper then its a case of how are fans still surprised by football as a business in general? City aren't an isolated case of this happening so not sure what fans expect.

The price might be slightly more but no doubt the overall quality is better as well, as I have seen Bristol Sports kits with the sponsors logo peeling off the kit before it's even left the shop, so quality control wasn't great or they couldn't stand up to much abuse in the shop by people taking them off the rack to look at them

12 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Its the price Hummel shirts go for at all championship clubs so its not us as a club pushing the prices up. 'Now they revert back to a supplier and the price goes up again' from the time we left a supplier for BS to going back to a supplier the prices of shirts have increased generally by at least the increase we've seen. For going to BS we were never told the fans would see the price reduced we just knew the costs were reduced so the club took a larger share. If you really believe shirts are a major part of funding players then you're in for a big surprise, as for why the shirts aren't then just cheaper then its a case of how are fans still surprised by football as a business in general? City aren't an isolated case of this happening so not sure what fans expect.

I’m well aware shirts aren’t a big part of funding players so there’s no need to patronise me. I’m talking about the principle. And if they are such a negligible part of the overall financial picture, then why not price them more reasonably, perhaps rebuild a little goodwill with supporters after the manager fiasco, and recognise the current economic climate we all find ourselves in?

I’m not surprised by football as a business but that doesn’t mean I don’t lament it. And it doesn’t mean as supporters we should just accept it.

Also the regular price increases you rightly identify are way ahead of inflation over the corresponding period.

Also - every other club doing the same doesn’t make it right.

Never wearing the things, I'm a bit less concerned about City's shirt designs then some of you on here.

The away shirt does look horrible though. No way I'm buying that for the kids. They'd not want it anyway.

Collars belonged on football shirts in 1880, not 2020.

18 hours ago, Robson said:

Do you have any examples to why they are predatory heartless leaches? 

One of the reasons there are so many of these online betting companies - most of whom we'd never have heard of if they weren't on football shirts - is that they are a major way stolen money gets laundered.  The companies know this and they do **** all to stop it because they get a cut. They are usually registered in a place with lax enforcement, like Malta or Gibraltar.

If people want to gamble away their money that's up to them. Their choice.

I do think the shady rep of many of these online operators though ought to be a reason they aren't plastered all over football. 

(BTW I'm not saying Manor Bet have done anything wrong)

With Mansion Bet being our new shirt sponsor, it got my mind ticking over.

I see the word 'Mansion' and I don't automatically think 'Bet' I think 'House'.

And when I think of Mansion House, my mind isn't taken to the mental image of some stately home, but dragged towards this musical masterpiece.

You've just been given an unsolicited insight in to how my brain works. You're welcome.

2 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

I don't buy replica shirts anymore but its a decent enough interpretation of the original shirt (although as mentioned earlier that collar looks like a thong!).

Was going to get a hoodie instead, but £65 is a bit steep, even if I sell last seasons to part fund it

Here you go Ronnie, in the South Bristol sale.

https://www.southbristol.com/product/classic-hoodie-purple-lime-/47?cp=true&sa=true&sbp=false&q=false

Far more agreeable price point.

22 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Hopefully the top flight is just around the corner and people outraged by a fifty quid optional t-shirt purchase can take the less supportive route of getting an overseas knock-off!

Something being “optional” doesn’t excuse overpricing. Of course you don’t have to buy it. But does that mean we shouldn’t expect something to be of reasonable value? Particularly when there is a more of an emotional/loyal affinity between the seller and the buyer than there is for ordinary retail, where the buyer can just go elsewhere.

It just means that people who might like to purchase the item can’t or won’t do so.

1 hour ago, Edge1981 said:

Any idea about the sizes of the shirts? My lad turns 1 at the end of September and would love to get him his first city shirt. Is YS the smallest you can get and is that too big for a 1 year old?

I emailed the club asking if mini kits are coming they said no mini kits this season xsboys is from age 5yr old

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Producing our own kits was supposed to bring about cost savings for the club. Yet we didn’t see any of those savings passed on to fans, who were charged the same (or more) as they were when we had Puma/Adidas. Now they revert back to a supplier and the price goes up again. At a time of appalling economic crisis.

Sorry, don’t agree with it, and I don’t understand why supporters seem so content to be fleeced. It’s £50 for a polyester T-shirt. You can’t tell me they can’t all make money by charging less - and they might even sell more and end up with the same profit.

Once again we’re in a situation where ordinary fans are defending being charged ridiculous prices to fund average footballers earning disproportionately massive salaries.

Don't buy it. Simple. 

3 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Don't buy it. Simple. 

This is such a crap argument against poor value. Fine, I won’t buy it, but then I don’t have a product that I would quite like to own and should be able to afford.

Point is there are people out there who should be able to afford to buy their team’s football shirt that won’t be able to. Or parents who won’t be able to buy it for their kids.

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

With Mansion Bet being our new shirt sponsor, it got my mind ticking over.

I see the word 'Mansion' and I don't automatically think 'Bet' I think 'House'.

And when I think of Mansion House, my mind isn't taken to the mental image of some stately home, but dragged towards this musical masterpiece.

You've just been given an unsolicited insight in to how my brain works. You're welcome.

Dobbin the Panto Horse hasn’t been back to the football since an unprovoked assault by a horrible little Rent-A-Ground scrote when we won an FA Cup tie at Eastville in the 1980s. Honestly, can’t a nag go to the football without being punched?

I like the shirt - not thrilled it’s another betting company but hey ho. Not heartbroken to see no trace of Dunder or Bristol Sport emblazoned on there.

As for the price, yes it’s extortionate but it’s been a racket for decades now and every season without fail instead of a shirt having a shelf life of at least two seasons; what really gets my hackles up as an overseas fan is the postage costs. I don’t often buy replica shirts but liked the retro robin white one of a couple years back and ordered - they wanted SIXTY QUID for postage alone. I should cocoa. Sent it to a relative in a England and reimbursed them the actual postage - which was funnily enough about a tenth of what the robbing so-and-sos wanted.

After all those other lovely Hummel kits we get...this thing. 

Tough to produce a good design when you've got to work with our childish badge and now a sponsor that requires the word "BET" to dominate the shirt. Still, I was hoping for something cleaner, less fussy, less busy.

Just a poor effort all around really.

Archived