IGNORED

New Kits 2020/21 - City Home Shirt Released

Unan

1 hour ago, Midlands Robin said:

The goal keepers kits are an absolute monstrosity, there's a mistake in the design of the flags around the neck of the away shirt, and apart from being an unpopular sponsor due to the gambling business, their logo looks horrendous on the shirts.

This is going really well so far. 

Is it that the flag for "F" has the colours reversed? Should be a red diamond on a white field? Just used what's shown on this website and that looks like the mistake. I didn't get my semaphore badge at scouts so correct me if that is wrong.

http://www.beaufortonline.com/nautical-flag-guide/

57 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

What is this flag mistake?

I read something earlier, but I didn't really understand it.

The press release says the following and the shirt has the flags set out below.

"The away shirt includes bespoke semaphore flags across the inner neck. These flags spell ‘Bristol City Football Club’ in maritime flag alphabet, referencing the city’s rich nautical heritage."

jmp_bcfc_hummel_kits_rt0133.jpg?width=1280

OK, so I'm no fashion guru, but I met up with my daughters tonight. They are fashion-driven teens. The first thing they wanted to talk to me about was the new City kit. My worst fears were confirmed.

They were howling with laughter at the designs. Gleefully reading out the absolute coating the jerseys are getting on Twitter.

"They look like shirts a 6-year-old has drawn to put on the wall of his nan's house," Robbette #1 said.

At least I don't have to bother buying them any this season...  :ermm:

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

What is this flag mistake?

I read something earlier, but I didn't really understand it.

@ExiledAjaxhas it spot on.

On the word "Football" the colour scheme they've used for the Flag F is back to front. 

The international maritime signal flag for the letter F is a red diamond on a white background. 

The flag on the shirt is a white diamond on a red background. 

1 minute ago, Midlands Robin said:

@ExiledAjaxhas it spot on.

On the word "Football" the colour scheme they've used for the Flag F is back to front. 

The international maritime signal flag for the letter F is a red diamond on a white background. 

The flag on the shirt is a white diamond on a red background. 

And I discovered it in 2 minutes (once pointed out). Small detail that most will never see or realise...but it's just a silly thing to muck up isn't it.

One thing that bugs me (not so much with the keepers kits) is our constant need in the last few years with only a couple of exceptions is to produce a kit that is a modern version of one of our old kits. The only exceptions since (and including) the promotion season is last years, and the one with the stripe across the middle. 
Maybe they sell better, I don’t know. 

3 hours ago, SecretSam said:

All that anticipation about Hummel kits, and so far we've had a disgusting '90s tribute away kit and then two acid-trip/market hippy shirt GK kits

I dread to think how ghastly the home kit will be

Well given the club would have signed off on the design don't think Hummel take the majority of the blame for the designs here, haven't seen other clubs with Hummel kit having that keeper styled shirts yet. The away shirt has same template as one or two designs but doesn't look too bad to me.

19 hours ago, GILLI said:

Could we be doing the flip of styles of what Boro have ? For the record the V bit in the middle looks better darker as on Boro’s home kit ... 

76F2B3C1-0A2F-4C19-82E6-0C778D718E63.jpeg

I do wonder why we didn't match our badge with the strip colour like they have on their away shirt. 

20 minutes ago, Dredd said:

One thing that bugs me (not so much with the keepers kits) is our constant need in the last few years with only a couple of exceptions is to produce a kit that is a modern version of one of our old kits. The only exceptions since (and including) the promotion season is last years, and the one with the stripe across the middle. 
Maybe they sell better, I don’t know. 

The one with the stripe over was a hark back to the 80's.

Really hope the home kit is the same 'textured' pattern of the away kit, but obviously in red and white, like this

Bristol-City-Home-Shirt-1992-1993-Vintag

IMO home and away kits should be identical aside from the colour scheme....just bothers me when they're not. 

And it's really annoying that they couldn't make the "M" box of the sponsor white on the away kit, like they have on the home GK kit. Would look so much cleaner.

2 minutes ago, InCyder said:

I do wonder why we didn't match our badge with the strip colour like they have on their away shirt. 

Yep, another reason why the logo would have been SO much better if it was just the robin outline and not the hideous child's version of the Brentford badge that we ended up with. Could easily just be colour coded to the kits without changing anything about the badge.

13 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

The goal keepers kits are an absolute monstrosity, there's a mistake in the design of the flags around the neck of the away shirt, and apart from being an unpopular sponsor due to the gambling business, their logo looks horrendous on the shirts.

This is going really well so far. 

They are superb 

5 hours ago, SecretSam said:

All that anticipation about Hummel kits, and so far we've had a disgusting '90s tribute away kit and then two acid-trip/market hippy shirt GK kits

I dread to think how ghastly the home kit will be

Thats just what I was thinking.

1. Away shirt - poor effort

2. is this gk shirt a wind up?

3. The new home shirt will be bad but the previous shirts will make us all appreciate it. 

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Really hope the home kit is the same 'textured' pattern of the away kit, but obviously in red and white, like this

Bristol-City-Home-Shirt-1992-1993-Vintag

IMO home and away kits should be identical aside from the colour scheme....just bothers me when they're not. 

And it's really annoying that they couldn't make the "M" box of the sponsor white on the away kit, like they have on the home GK kit. Would look so much cleaner.

Yep, another reason why the logo would have been SO much better if it was just the robin outline and not the hideous child's version of the Brentford badge that we ended up with. Could easily just be colour coded to the kits without changing anything about the badge.

That's one of the most disgusting kits we've ever had

13 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

OK, so I'm no fashion guru, but I met up with my daughters tonight. They are fashion-driven teens. The first thing they wanted to talk to me about was the new City kit. My worst fears were confirmed.

They were howling with laughter at the designs. Gleefully reading out the absolute coating the jerseys are getting on Twitter.

"They look like shirts a 6-year-old has drawn to put on the wall of his nan's house," Robbette #1 said.

At least I don't have to bother buying them any this season...  :ermm:

The keepers' shirts are so garish that even Elton John would baulk at wearing them. Or an American.

I think this is the best kit we have ever had and would love for it to be revived at some point. I have started collecting our old 90s kits and this is by far the best looking one in the flesh out of the  ones I have (home kit with the black lines referenced above and the Thorn Security purple and lime). And no this is not my own photo and I can confirm that I am not a mannequin with a giraffe's neck.

rs=w:600,h:600

However knowing this club recently we could just end up waiting five weeks for our 'new home kit' to just be the training top with the sponsors having been crudely drawn on in permanent  marker by Mark Ashton!

1 minute ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Take the green thong thing off the neck line, and remove all chevrons. Then it would be pretty decent...

I know it's always going to be a personal thing, but I like the chevrons and it marks it as a Hummel kit for me.

I personally loved the Umbro diamonds down the sleeves from years ago, but never took to the stripes over an Adidas shoulder or the Admiral emblem down the sleeves in the DW era.

1 minute ago, cider hoss rules said:

I know it's always going to be a personal thing, but I like the chevrons and it marks it as a Hummel kit for me.

Agree. The collar is a bit naff I agree but I do quite like the chevrons. 

10 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

When seen in its entirety it doesn't look as bad

Gallery image

Really don’t understand the need for white socks - just doesn’t go with the kit at all. Should be red/white/red and purple/lime/purple IMO. 

Archived