IGNORED

New Kits 2020/21 - City Home Shirt Released

Unan

3 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Really hope the home kit is the same 'textured' pattern of the away kit, but obviously in red and white, like this

Bristol-City-Home-Shirt-1992-1993-Vintag

IMO home and away kits should be identical aside from the colour scheme....just bothers me when they're not. 

And it's really annoying that they couldn't make the "M" box of the sponsor white on the away kit, like they have on the home GK kit. Would look so much cleaner.

Yep, another reason why the logo would have been SO much better if it was just the robin outline and not the hideous child's version of the Brentford badge that we ended up with. Could easily just be colour coded to the kits without changing anything about the badge.

Can imagine it being very close to that, which I’d be delighted with

Personally love the keeper kits, will likely buy both and maybe even the shorts for training in (not full kit at the same time!)

Gained us a fair bit of attention too, I have multiple WhatsApp groups of people all round the country talking about our shirts, nearly all very positive. 

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Yes I get it. But it still looks naff. About time we stopped clinging to a minor achievement 30 years ago IMO!!

Okay how about the combination of 14/15? I have no problem with purple and lime being one of our 3 kits each season, usually would probably be our 3rd kit but we’ve said that will be the shirt with peoples names on and so leaves the away shirt. Purple and lime helps add a unique element to our kits.

Personally, I love the purple and lime colour combination - (I still think the one from a couple of years ago with the 'Middlesbrough' stripe was wrong though!)

It does 'single us out' of sorts, and is pretty stand out, almost unique dare I say!

I would even go so far as to say I wouldn't object if it was the home colours, no matter how jazzy a red shirt is made, there are still numerous other red shirts around, and with the propensity for companies to sponsor multiple teams these days sometimes they can look a bit 'samey'.

Norwich, Bournemouth, Cov and even the north river tramps are almost instantly recognisable in their kits.

2 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Was the original purple kit unique, as in it lasted three seasons but with three different sponsors?

Anyone else remember the reversed version used on rare occasions?

90 Minutes Bristol City Dry Blackthorn Cider kit MARK SHAIL football picture

looking at comfortably over £100 if you’ve got one of these knocking about in a wardrobe somewhere. don’t think they ever went on official sale?

On 28/05/2020 at 03:43, Lrrr said:

Trying to picture it red and white, not sure it would look too bad, certainly not as bad as we've had in some years past but perhaps not the same standard of design as the majority of the kits we've had since BS.

Oooh no. It then becomes way too David Cotterill when you do that.

8 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Was the original purple kit unique, as in it lasted three seasons but with three different sponsors?

Didn't Llewellyn get sent off at Upton Park in a full lime kit? I'm sure he did.

On 22/08/2020 at 11:17, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Yeah, remember seeing us lose to West Ham in it. We were all wondering what we'd wear...and then...

"Oh, **** me, no" was the general reaction

Archived