IGNORED

New Kits 2020/21 - City Home Shirt Released

Unan

11 hours ago, SecretSam said:

Yeah, remember seeing us lose to West Ham in it. We were all wondering what we'd wear...and then...

"Oh, **** me, no" was the general reaction

Worst of all, that match featured on ‘Midweek Sports Special’ that night so anyone in country watching it could see it for themselves.

Plain and no nonsense is good. As long as the crest is where it should be. The erhumm brand name is gone, preferably inside the arm pit, and obviously navy shorts.

The people who are paid to come up with this garbage; I would like to sit them down in an extraordinarily patronising way, ensure the seat is very uncomfortable and with super glue lying in wait and simply say "you will go down in history as having perpetrated a kit for our national team that looks like Leeds United. 

And then walk away letting them stew in the glue.

1 hour ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

All white also a no-no navy shorts FFS.

Never understood why there's any blue trim on an England kit, there's no blue in the flag, it's mostly white. Personally, I hate the blue shorts. Best England jersey ever was 2002 (obviously without blue shorts, think they often wore white?)

4 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Never understood why there's any blue trim on an England kit, there's no blue in the flag, it's mostly white. Personally, I hate the blue shorts. Best England jersey ever was 2002 (obviously without blue shorts, think they often wore white?)

This is asked every single time, lots of kits are nothing to do with the flag. It's usually the colours of the national FA or some historic national identity

7 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

The kit is based on the colours of the FA badge rather than of the English flag.

15 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

6 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

The kit is based on the colours of the FA badge rather than of the English flag.

This but also because Scotland ("Queens Park") wore white shorts. Pre uniformed kits the national teams wore their club kits, the thing is Scotland's players originally all played for Queens Park whose kit was originally Navy Blue tops and White shorts which became the traditional kit for Scotland. England had many players from different clubs so looked a mess, so the press demanded we standardised it! And yeah so we choose the FA badge colours which were white and navy.

Archived