IGNORED

New Kits 2020/21 - City Home Shirt Released

Unan

I look back with fondness when the complaint was 'typical City, not releasing the kit until pre-season, I wanted it before my 14 nights in Benidorm, how else will the other customers in Dave's English Bar know I'm a City fan when I settle in for my 3rd full English breakfast of the day, whilst watching Sky Sports from a seat in the shade!'

Now the complaint is people wanting the kit before the season starts.

10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I look back with fondness when the complaint was 'typical City, not releasing the kit until pre-season, I wanted it before my 14 nights in Benidorm, how else will the other customers in Dave's English Bar know I'm a City fan when I settle in for my 3rd full English breakfast of the day, whilst watching Sky Sports from a seat in the shade!'

People also used to complain that we were changing kits every season and not having the same shirt for a couple of years. That is was costing more money to buy a shirt for every season etc. Now I guess its been accepted that kit must change every year.

38 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I’m more concerned about people seemingly not having any items of clothing for themselves or their families, such is the desperation for a nylon shirt.

I would have thought this season more than any other the shirt is the least of people’s worries. Just me thinking this?

32 minutes ago, RedM said:

I’m more concerned about people seemingly not having any items of clothing for themselves or their families, such is the desperation for a nylon shirt.

I would have thought this season more than any other the shirt is the least of people’s worries. Just me thinking this?

I'm more concerned about having a job after furlough finishes to be fair!  Having said that though, for many a new strip coming out is a portent for a new season getting underway so its perhaps understandable.  I do remember the good old days though when it was every other year a new one came out (although with new sponsor / supplier its unavoidable this time)

2 hours ago, RedM said:

Quite agree.

Obviously, no genuine concern over 3 breakfasts in a day!

But you are completely correct, people worrying about the release day of a seventy quid tshirt is somewhat weird.

DH on new home shirt (sorry if already posted);

Have you seen the new Bristol City home shirt for this season?

I have, yes.

Is it a good one? Do you approve of it?

It's great when you're a fan and you can't wait to see it. I still remember what that felt like myself. I'm sure they'll be pretty pleased with it - there's some real nice touches, some detail which I think is part of the history of the club and it's a real nice touch.

• Admin
4 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

DH on new home shirt (sorry if already posted);

Have you seen the new Bristol City home shirt for this season?

I have, yes.

Is it a good one? Do you approve of it?

It's great when you're a fan and you can't wait to see it. I still remember what that felt like myself. I'm sure they'll be pretty pleased with it - there's some real nice touches, some detail which I think is part of the history of the club and it's a real nice touch.

Wasn't anything special, but wouldn't expect out Manager to say anything else

I thing that I thought was unique was spelling Bristol City in semaphore, but it is hidden on the inside of the shirts

Don't worry all will be revealed soon

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Wasn't anything special, but wouldn't expect out Manager to say anything else

I thing that I thought was unique was spelling Bristol City in semaphore, but it is hidden on the inside of the shirts

Don't worry all will be revealed soon

Not worried at all - couldn't give a toss really :)

Just interested in what the bit re club history was about - seems its the hidden away semaphore as you point out.

Archived