IGNORED

New Kits 2020/21 - City Home Shirt Released

Unan

30 minutes ago, JollyestOli said:

Who gives a ****?

Cringeworthy the way they drag it out each year, it's a football shirt. 

Anybody above the age of 16 that wears one to games is very questionable.

As others have said, more interested who's in the kit. 

A lot of people care a lot incredibly as has been evidenced on here! As if it’s important or something...

2 minutes ago, INCRED said:

In my opinion this is a very nice shirt and the AG8 is a touch of class and unique to any other clubs kit

i don’t usually buy a shirt but I may just make an exception this time!

i hope every player who wears it this season fully appreciate and understand the sacrifice the AG8 made and wear this new kit with pride 

I've not bought a shirt in ages - too old to wear on imo.

But I'm going to get one of these for my nephew, he'll love it.

8 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

That’s pretty much my thoughts. Someone on twitter described it as our best kit ever! I don’t get the love for it....it’s fine but ordinary.

Yeh. And you know what that's fine as well. I'm absolutely ok with having a solid 6/10 kit. We don't need a mind-blowing, incredible kit every season. We play in plain red. That's it. It's not an inherently interesting design.

It's a solid shirt this year (bar the mistake in the collar flags).

• Admin
6 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I didn't love it on release, but thought it might grow on me. It's just really not done that. When I see it on TV or the web next to another clubs crest I invariably think that ours looks crude, childish, and simply not like a crest for a football team.

Just my opinion and I'm not angry about it.

I do agree in a sense, but equally our badge stands out as something different too

3 minutes ago, Selred said:

I'm torn. I do like the kit and I love the tribute to the AG8. 

However from afar it's exactly the same as Charlton. And close up I don't really like the little Robin all over it. 

What difference does it make if it's the same as Charlton's? Are you going to watch the match and then 3/4s of the way through realise your sat at The Valley watching the wrong game? We also have an away kit as do they, so when we play each other you shouldn't get confused either.

2 minutes ago, grifty said:

What difference does it make if it's the same as Charlton's? Are you going to watch the match and then 3/4s of the way through realise your sat at The Valley watching the wrong game? We also have an away kit as do they, so when we play each other you shouldn't get confused either.

Also;

Different colour

Stripes

Robins

AG8 names

Collar detail

Sleeve detail

Semaphore

Other than that its exactly the same.

28 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Very positive reaction to the kit on twitter but am I the only one who feels a bit “meh” about it?

It just looks pretty unremarkable to me. And not dissimilar to 15/16.

As kits go, I like it. It’s fairly clean unless you look for the detail which is a nice touch. I had feared the worse when I saw the trend for wild, geometrical designs that most clubs have gone for. Saying that our keeper shirts seem a bit out of place when teamed with the new home kit.

And yes I too would have liked to see a purple and lime exact copy of this new kit. I really don’t like the collar on the away shirt.

I note the big focus on the AG8 story to market and sell the kit, appeal to fans, and pay tribute.  Didn't see anything about the percentage of shirt sales bearing the AG8 names being donated to the AG8. I must have missed that. Can anyone tell me where that bit can be seen.

Archived