Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

New Kits 2020/21 - City Home Shirt Released


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

I was really excited to see what Hummel delivered. I’m not a fan of that particular one, too much red on it. The sponsors logo doesn’t work 

Yep, agree.

It seems the sponsor logo is quite high on the shirt, and this may be due to the v neck. What really doesn’t help though is the big red logo.

What would have been better is if the sponsor logo could have been colour matched to the shirt - i.e. put in green?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Yep, agree.

It seems the sponsor logo is quite high on the shirt, and this may be due to the v neck. What really doesn’t help though is the big red logo.

What would have been better is if the sponsor logo could have been colour matched to the shirt - i.e. put in green?

And the badge, too.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

It appears that the M has to be red as the colour is obviously a big part of Mansions brand. I think you’d struggle to make any kit look good with than monstrosity of a sponsor plastered on it

The Home shirt will likely see it different though, I would expect....

Link to post
Share on other sites

I die a little on the inside every time I see that hideous red circle around the badge. It angers me just how much better it would be with just the outline of the Robin (same as Forest just having the outline of the tree).

The benefit of that is you can do it in any colour to match the kit theme and it looks class. 

Red on purple looks absolutely awful, and that sponsor is utterly hideous.

  • Like 13
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Going to stick my neck out here. Over-complicated collar design. Sponsor logo makes shirt look too busy and the colour scheme clashes with the rest of the shirt.

Always prefer a clean, minimalist design. All looks a bit 90s to me and not in a good way.

Sorry, not for me.

Absolutely. Waaaay too much going on with the pattern, the collar is a mess and the red clashes. Unimpressed.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hare Island said:

I was focussing on gambling because of Dunder. Personally I think gambling is really harmfully promoted atm, loads of tv ads with a small “when the fun stops, stop” disclaimer. Real lack of accountability over things like FOBT. Dunder in particular is in some ways worse as an online offer where it’s even harder to identify problem gamblers (even if they wanted to).

But actually I would be uncomfortable in City being sponsored by a booze company too. Whilst it’s not illegal it seems the industry has taken the same view, in particular due to the impression it gives of promoting alcohol to kids. But I don’t think alcohol and the way it’s sold is vile in the same way gambling currently is. 

Also I don’t remember the last time a pub actively identified problem drinkers and regularly offered them free alcohol. That’s actually what these betting companies do, if you lose thousands of pounds they give you VIP status! You got more (and bigger) offers to entice you in.

I do matched-betting, I earn a full time wage exploiting the offers they give out, which have dried up compared to 4/5 years ago but take it from me, the more money you lose at a bookie the more offers and incentives they throw at you! 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

The good news is they've screwed the flag design up. 

The bit you can see in this picture is supposed to say "Bristol City Football" but the flag for F is a red diamond on a white background not a white diamond on a red background. 

Bit of a **** up. 

FB_IMG_1597914455480.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked the "Robins" on the kids shirts, so disappointed they've dropped that.  Just looks like a training top now.

White socks?  That's an odd choice.

And suddenly changing the free shirt to be home shirt only is more than a bit off.  I've got two kids season tickets as occasionally my daughter will need to come as well.  She has no interest in football, but getting a season ticket was the only real option open to me without the hassle of trying to move when she comes.  I didn't mind as my little boy would get the shirts anyway, so the free shirt offer we used for 1 home, 1 away...  I know it's not a big thing, and I'm an exception to the rule with that, but even so... Also means that if you don't like the home shirt, tough!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BCFC81 said:

Adult shirts start at £50 for the away shirt, and Kids are at £40.

So that’s an 11% increase on last season for adults, and a 14% increase for children. During a recession where literally millions are losing their jobs.

And then we have a thread saying the club will be asking us to help with their cash flow, while we have a billionaire owner and average footballers earning more in a week than many supporters do in a year.

Football takes the piss.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

So that’s an 11% increase on last season for adults, and a 14% increase for children. During a recession where literally millions are losing their jobs.

And then we have a thread saying the club will be asking us to help with their cash flow, while we have a billionaire owner and average footballers earning more in a week than many supporters do in a year.

Football takes the piss.

How are you surprised by a price increase when we bring in a supplier? That 11 and 14 percent increase will be the cut (at least) that Hummel will be taking. People complained about BS producing the kits and other elements of them, then complaints about when we bring in a kit supplier to do it instead. SL can only invest so much against FFP a year as well which he maxes out each year so him being a billionaire is largely irrelevant unless you're looking beyond the redevelopment of AG, creating the sporting quarter around the stadium and the redevelopment of the training ground.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Collar is a bit different but don't mind that, its the sponsor that ruins it for me, that betting company have one of the worst logos although it has looked even worse on previous Palace and Bournemouth shirts. However the sponsor actually might work ok on the home shirt. If I was still a shirt buyer I would go for the training shirt without the logo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

How are you surprised by a price increase when we bring in a supplier? That 11 and 14 percent increase will be the cut (at least) that Hummel will be taking. People complained about BS producing the kits and other elements of them, then complaints about when we bring in a kit supplier to do it instead. SL can only invest so much against FFP a year as well which he maxes out each year so him being a billionaire is largely irrelevant unless you're looking beyond the redevelopment of AG, creating the sporting quarter around the stadium and the redevelopment of the training ground.

Producing our own kits was supposed to bring about cost savings for the club. Yet we didn’t see any of those savings passed on to fans, who were charged the same (or more) as they were when we had Puma/Adidas. Now they revert back to a supplier and the price goes up again. At a time of appalling economic crisis.

Sorry, don’t agree with it, and I don’t understand why supporters seem so content to be fleeced. It’s £50 for a polyester T-shirt. You can’t tell me they can’t all make money by charging less - and they might even sell more and end up with the same profit.

Once again we’re in a situation where ordinary fans are defending being charged ridiculous prices to fund average footballers earning disproportionately massive salaries.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Producing our own kits was supposed to bring about cost savings for the club. Yet we didn’t see any of those savings passed on to fans, who were charged the same (or more) as they were when we had Puma/Adidas. Now they revert back to a supplier and the price goes up again. At a time of appalling economic crisis.

Sorry, don’t agree with it, and I don’t understand why supporters seem so content to be fleeced. It’s £50 for a polyester T-shirt. You can’t tell me they can’t all make money by charging less - and they might even sell more and end up with the same profit.

Once again we’re in a situation where ordinary fans are defending being charged ridiculous prices to fund average footballers earning disproportionately massive salaries.

Its the price Hummel shirts go for at all championship clubs so its not us as a club pushing the prices up. 'Now they revert back to a supplier and the price goes up again' from the time we left a supplier for BS to going back to a supplier the prices of shirts have increased generally by at least the increase we've seen. For going to BS we were never told the fans would see the price reduced we just knew the costs were reduced so the club took a larger share. If you really believe shirts are a major part of funding players then you're in for a big surprise, as for why the shirts aren't then just cheaper then its a case of how are fans still surprised by football as a business in general? City aren't an isolated case of this happening so not sure what fans expect.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • elhombrecito changed the title to New Kits 2020/21 - City Home Shirt Released

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...