IGNORED

New Kits 2020/21 - City Home Shirt Released

Unan

I wonder if we'll get endless teasers for our next kit release. Hopefully not, because the last one pretty much annoyed everyone who had an interest in the kit, along with most people who didn't!!

Do we know when it's due out? Any rumours about the look of them?

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

As long as ours looks something like this I'd be happy, Hummel kits are quite nice. 

20200726_225507.jpg

I like that but I think we're going custom design, our training kits all appear to be custom looking at other teams for next season

1 minute ago, ChubStixx said:

I wonder if we'll get endless teasers for our next kit release. Hopefully not, because the last one pretty much annoyed everyone who had an interest in the kit, along with most people who didn't!!

Don't think they will given the shorter period to next season, I honestly think the new gaffer will be holding the shirt

16 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

I like that but I think we're going custom design, our training kits all appear to be custom looking at other teams for next season

Don't think they will given the shorter period to next season, I honestly think the new gaffer will be holding the shirt

Well the new gaffer has been 4 weeks of teasers ?

6 hours ago, ChubStixx said:

I've been told that it's very nice, and was advised to not bother getting this seasons home shirt about 2 months ago, because the new one is head and shoulders above it!

Other than red, the person I know wouldn't say anything else :P

On 13/06/2020 at 00:30, Ska Junkie said:

We could copy a lot worse clubs than BvB WTGR. I would love a yellow and black version, that would seriously make me think about buying a shirt for the first time in a lot of years (I'm too old for replica shirts).

Just look at their shirt for next season.....?

LEAK OVERVIEW: Borussia Dortmund 20-21 Home, Away, Third Kit ...

THAT is utterly revolting, looks like something from a market stall

On 18/07/2020 at 16:02, Lrrr said:

Another Hummel kit 

DF640B17-B1A5-4001-90DA-4899AB134BC6.jpeg

...whereas that is a thing of beauty, simple and classy

New 'Travel' wear.

It really does make you realise just how much better that robin badge looks in isolation. Look at the difference between the stuff with the classy, simple robin outline on it vs the ridiculously oversize 'full' badge

118b6f6511449a64152eaa89bc3da8ad.png

It still actually makes me angry that we didn't just make that simplistic robin our full badge.

Why are we using two variants anyway? The badge should be the badge, not multiple iterations of it on different gear.

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

New 'Travel' wear.

It really does make you realise just how much better that robin badge looks in isolation. Look at the difference between the stuff with the classy, simple robin outline on it vs the ridiculously oversize 'full' badge

It still actually makes me angry that we didn't just make that simplistic robin our full badge.

Why are we using two variants anyway? The badge should be the badge, not multiple iterations of it on different gear.

Those prices !!!

Not that I'd wear any of it, but those prices are a rip off imo.

30 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

New 'Travel' wear.

Is it me or does the long sleeved stuff look like the chevrons you get on the motorway? :blink:

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

Somehow people continue to be shocked that going to a kit supplier like Hummel pushes the prices up....

It was always going to happen, people want the quality but don’t like the prices! These prices are the going rate for training wear and kit. 

Those prices are steep for a polo shirt and hoodies, but just do what I do, don’t buy it. It’s a shame as there is some nice stuff out at present but it prices a lot of people out. I have not bought City merchandise for 10 years but it’s own personal choice I suppose.

1 minute ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Those prices are steep for a polo shirt and hoodies, but just do what I do, don’t buy it. It’s a shame as there is some nice stuff out at present but it prices a lot of people out. I have not bought City merchandise for 10 years but it’s own personal choice I suppose.

This ^ proven quality is available for a similar price if you shop around.

Fred Perry have a sale on, MandMDirect are always cheap as well.

Just now, Rocky said:

Prices will always be OTT.

People have a hugely expensive wish list for the new manager and always a big expensive player list but then complain about prices of everything.  Football is a business whether you like it or not.

Think we all understand that, but equally people have a limit.

Are the manufacturers and club better off selling twice as much stock with a lower margin and lower retail price than they are charging a far higher price and shifting half as much.

There is a limit to just how much 'quality' can go in to a hoodie, and with online sales and budget retailers able to knock out an unbranded product for about a third of the price, so whilst I accept that people will pay a premium for City branded, are they going to spend forty quid more for a badge?

11 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Think we all understand that, but equally people have a limit.

Are the manufacturers and club better off selling twice as much stock with a lower margin and lower retail price than they are charging a far higher price and shifting half as much.

There is a limit to just how much 'quality' can go in to a hoodie, and with online sales and budget retailers able to knock out an unbranded product for about a third of the price, so whilst I accept that people will pay a premium for City branded, are they going to spend forty quid more for a badge?

People will. 

It's a never ending debate. 

Live within one's means, whether that's a £65 hoodie or buying a £45 one and sewing an old badge on yourself ?

Archived