IGNORED

football drama on BBC

2 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Thinking about footballers wives, does anyone think Amy McDonald's song Footballers Wife is a little ironic now that she is one. Not that she pretends to be something she isn't. 

She is?  Last I heard she was married to Richard Foster.....that's the loosest definition of footballers wife I've heard in a while!

34 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

How about Golden Gordon from the Ripping Yarns series. Super fan Gordon Ottershaw who supported Barnstoneworth United a team that hadnt won for 6 years. 

Reminds me of another crap team .... Bristol Woevers. 

As Frankie Howard used to say "Woe, woe and thrice woe!"

40 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

How about Golden Gordon from the Ripping Yarns series. Super fan Gordon Ottershaw who supported Barnstoneworth United a team that hadnt won for 6 years. 

Image result for banstoneworth

7 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Reminds me of this story from Brazil:
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/30/brazil-football-worst-team-in-the-world-ibis

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Great film. A parody of the graham taylor documentary , especially Bradley Walsh as his coach (Phil Neal) and one of the players , parody of Gazza . 

The real and original one was arguably better- Long Ball, Carlton and questionable German officials- Do I not like that!

I don't jump straight into bias because I believe Holland also had a goal wrongly disallowed for offside in that- as in it was level. Some shocking decisions that night though, mainly against us.

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The real and original one was arguably better- Long Ball, Carlton and questionable German officials- Do I not like that!

I don't jump straight into bias because I believe Holland also had a goal wrongly disallowed for offside in that- as in it was level. Some shocking decisions that night though, mainly against us.

`You`ve just cost me my ******* job linesman`

3 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

`You`ve just cost me my ******* job linesman`

"Linesman- Linesman! Oi!' Phil Neal or Lawrie McMenemy joined in too- the linesman was berated quite a few times.

Was something like that anyway, the buildup was as good as the finish tbh.

Pulled from an article about the documentary:

Taylor, wired up and wild, lets rip: 'Referee, referee. He should be sent off. Is he going to send him off? He's got to send him off. What are they being instructed?'

Unable to lecture the referee, Taylor's anger focuses on his nearest accomplice. 'Heh, linesman, linesman. What sort of thing is happening. Disgraceful. Linesman, linesman.' A Fifa functionary intervenes. 'You know we've been cheated,' Taylor tells him.

The misery continues. Koeman scores, then Dennis Bergkamp. Taylor, his days numbered, prowls the touchline, a stooped middleaged man in a tracksuit too tight for him. Mr Fifa tries to coax him back. 'I'm (within) a metre. (It's the) last two minutes, I won't say anything. Even if he doesn't see it as a penalty, he has to go. At the end of the day, I get the sack now.'

Then the linesman pauses nearby. 'I was just saying to your colleague, the ref's got me the sack. Thank him ever so much for that.' It makes compelling viewing. For all Taylor's tactical errors, here was an essentially likeable man sabotaged by another's mistake.

It's about an hour to an hour and a half long but that documentary is compelling viewing.

On 29/05/2020 at 11:59, Busterrimes said:

So did anyone actually watch this last night? Thought it was okay but nothing special

Disappointed, was expecting a bit more considering that production staff had previously been involved in InBetweeners, Derry Girls and Motherland.  Will give it another go next week.

On 29/05/2020 at 00:02, steviestevieneville said:

Great film. A parody of the graham taylor documentary , especially Bradley Walsh as his coach (Phil Neal) and one of the players , parody of Gazza . 

When I watched this I thought, this is England if Sam Allerdyce ever becomes manager. Little did I know, although it was short lived.

Archived