IGNORED

good news for City fans in Brislington/St Annes train station area?

This would definitely help with all the traffic issues around Brislington. Any idea how long it could take to reopen? Plans to reopen Portishead have been going on for over 20 years but I guess that does include reopening the line as well.  

• Admin

The reason why St Annes Park and Saltford closed, whilst Keynsham and Oldfield Park didn't, had a lot to do with location, both being at the bottom of steep hills whilst frequent bus services to Bristol (and Bath in the case of Saltford) were available without the need to walk up those hills.

Whilst travelling habits might have changed, the topography has not.

Furthermore, given the location of St Annes Park station (and there wouldn't be anywhere else to put it given a tunnel on one side and a deep cutting on the other) I can't think of anywhere you could sensibly put a car park.

6 hours ago, phantom said:

The reason why St Annes Park and Saltford closed, whilst Keynsham and Oldfield Park didn't, had a lot to do with location, both being at the bottom of steep hills whilst frequent bus services to Bristol (and Bath in the case of Saltford) were available without the need to walk up those hills.

Whilst travelling habits might have changed, the topography has not.

Furthermore, given the location of St Annes Park station (and there wouldn't be anywhere else to put it given a tunnel on one side and a deep cutting on the other) I can't think of anywhere you could sensibly put a car park.

Serious question, why would you need a car park at St Annes station? Taxi rank perhaps.  I would have thought the idea was to have it for local users, not park and ride, as I believe Saltford might need. 

Archived