IGNORED

Troy Deeney and the Scum

cidered abroad

Deeney has decided not to return to training because his six month old son has breathing difficulties. With the added problem that the virus appears to be harsher on black ethnic minorities, his club have fully supported his decision.

Yet some people have been dishing out hate mail toward him. Even naming them as Scum does not show how despicable some of the human race are. Beyond belief.

Every guidance I've read is that if you live with a vulnerable person, as in with breathing problems or damaged immune system, then you either separate yourselves from them or you also continue to isolate so he's doing the right thing.

I don't think his race is relevant, even if it means an increased chance of death for a young fit individual that takes it up from non-existent to minute. He would be at more risk of dying from an accident when driving to training.

While the virus has bought out the very best in so many people, it has also, unfortunately, bought out the worst in too many.

21 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Deeney has decided not to return to training because his six month old son has breathing difficulties. With the added problem that the virus appears to be harsher on black ethnic minorities, his club have fully supported his decision.

Yet some people have been dishing out hate mail toward him. Even naming them as Scum does not show how despicable some of the human race are. Beyond belief.

I hate these type of people - I wish a few of them would the balls to meet Deeney and tell him to his face - "I saw some comments in regards to my son, people saying: 'I hope your son gets corona'," Deeney, 31, said.

I know who my money would be on! Cowards 

He's backtracked entirely on his stance.

He previously stated "I've been broke before" and that he wouldn't risk his family health by going back to training but he's apparently had a chat with someone in health and is now saying he only meant he wouldn't be going into training for the first week.

Happy to risk the health of his family as long as he's had an extra week off.

He's a moron.

If you make a statement stick with it or f--- off.

9 minutes ago, TBW said:

He previously stated "I've been broke before" and that he wouldn't risk his family health by going back to training but he's apparently had a chat with someone in health and is now saying he only meant he wouldn't be going into training for the first week.

He's a moron.

I don't see a problem with changing your views,  after seeking expert medical advice. 

A moron is better defined as someone who's unwilling to change their mind after being educated. 

17 minutes ago, TBW said:

He's a moron.

If that's what you believe, I don't think he is the moron...

31 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I don't see a problem with changing your views,  after seeking expert medical advice. 

A moron is better defined as someone who's unwilling to change their mind after being educated. 

24 minutes ago, grifty said:

If that's what you believe, I don't think he is the moron...

I don't care if he changes his mind, as long as he says that he changed it because of advice and information. 

He's not doing that. He's back-tracking on what he said and trying to say he never meant what was reported and only meant that he was going to miss the first week back.

If that was the case, why make comments about being broke in the past and willing to again? No football player is going to go broke from having no pay for a week.

13 minutes ago, TBW said:

I don't care if he changes his mind, as long as he says that he changed it because of advice and information. 

He's not doing that. He's back-tracking on what he said and trying to say he never meant what was reported and only meant that he was going to miss the first week back.

If that was the case, why make comments about being broke in the past and willing to again? No football player is going to go broke from having no pay for a week.

Do you find yourself getting angry about irrelevant things often..? 

14 minutes ago, TBW said:

Um, have you some unresolved issues, perhaps ?

1 hour ago, TBW said:

He's a moron.

I believe he said that he & Noble ( West Han captain ) had questions that couldn’t be answered by the people ( possibly government representative) at the time of the initial meeting. I believe he said he wouldn’t go back until certain questions were answered. They have obviously been answered at this point enough for him to consider going back. Only a moron would not be open minded enough to listen to people/advice & therefore change his mind. I think in all honesty, people just look at footballers & think he earns 30,40,50k per week & he should realise how lucky he is blah blah blah. But unfortunately this virus doesn’t pick people by their bank balance. Don’t get me wrong, he has said some silly things during this I believe , like “if fans can’t be in the stadiums, then why should players”. But ultimately he has put his family first & I commend that. COYR 

35 minutes ago, TBW said:

Because that was the direction the interview went following Troy saying he wasn't returning to training after certain questions he had asked hadn't been answered at that point,  to my knowledge TD did not prepare a monologue or written statement on this it was all from a Zoom interview with Eddie Hearn and Tony Bellew.

Unfortunately this seems to be the way of the world where people think statements from celebrities are self-generated when in fact they are responding to specific questions asked by a journalist (with the accompanying question then left out of the article)

• Admin
2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

1 hour ago, TBW said:

He's a moron.

He's admitted that (like so many others) he believed the headlines and false news the media were peddling

Now that he has spoken to a medical expert he is happy to return to training

He has to have his initial testing this week before returning to actual training next week

What about, don't say anything, keep your head down, have a chat with your boss about your concerns and then you don't set yourself up as a target for morons to have a 'pop' at you.

Doesn't help that the Chief Exec of Watford (Duxbury) and the Manager (Pearson) also had misgivings about restarting the league. Would the 3 of them have said anything if they were safely in mid table.....I doubt it.

Now The FA have said relegation will happen all 3 have shut up and surprise, surprise Deaney is going back to work.

• Admin
55 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

can anyone remember what watford player laughed at the lady who had her car hit by the watford team bus many years ago. 

FAO @Hampshire reds

A nurse whose parked car was damaged by a football team's coach on Boxing Day was shocked to find two of the players laughing about the incident on Twitter.

One tweet, apparently posted by Watford FC striker Troy Deeney, showed a picture of the vehicle along with the words: 'Are (sic) coach driver just finished someone's Xmas lol'.

Majella Tarmey, 29, and her partner Duncan Butler, 32, were taking their one-year-old son Joseph to visit family in Bristol.

After finding fans' cars parked all along the road, Ms Tarmey said she asked a steward at Bristol City FC's Ashton Gate ground if they could park by a wall close to the stadium.

Scraped: Watford FC player Troy Deeney apparently tweeted this picture of the damage done to Majella Tarmey's car, while it was parked in Bristol on Boxing Day

Shocked: Ms Tarmey, a nurse, from Bedminster, Bristol, was taken by police officers onto the coach to exchange details with the driver

After visiting family they returned to the car at around 2pm to find police at the scene.

The couple were told that the coach carrying the Championship League team into the ground had hit Ms Tarmey's car.

They say it had been scraped along one side and the wheel arch damaged.

Ms Tarmey, a nurse, from Bedminster, Bristol, was taken by police officers onto the coach to exchange details with the driver.

Although upset, she was resigned to the damage caused in the incident, until she logged on to social networking service Twitter.

Ms Tarmey's partner had noticed tweets on the accounts of two Watford FC players - Troy Deeney and Fernando Forestieri - that had been retweeted by various people

Her partner had noticed tweets on the accounts of two Watford FC players - Troy Deeney and Fernando Forestieri - that had been retweeted by various people.

Deeney had apparently tweeted a picture of the damaged car along with the words: 'Are (sic) coach driver just finished someone's Xmas lol'

Forestieri had also apparently tweeted a picture of the damaged car.

Alongside it were the words: 'Merry Christmas Bristol hahahahahaha.'

Ms Tarmey, who is a Bristol City fan, said: 'I was shocked when I read these comments on Twitter. It's not so much the accident that upset me but the attitude of the players.

'I feel that it is unacceptable for such public figures to behave in this manner.

'It may be hilarious to these highly paid individuals, but for me it is at great cost.

The post was found funny by others who also retweeted it

'My car had to be recovered from the ground as it wasn't safe to drive and now the insurance company is looking into the damage and how much it's going to cost.

'We were going to take our son to see his grandparents in Southampton but have had to wait for a courtesy car to be delivered - it's really inconvenienced us.

'It was so irritating to read the flippant comments from the players - I am now in the process of making a complaint to the club.'

A spokeperson for Watford FC today declined to comment about the Boxing Day incident involving its team bus.

TAKEN FROM: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2254215/Our-driver-just-finished-someones-Xmas-lol-Footballers-tweets-anger-woman-car-bus-crashed-Boxing-Day.html

34 minutes ago, phantom said:

FAO @Hampshire reds

A nurse whose parked car was damaged by a football team's coach on Boxing Day was shocked to find two of the players laughing about the incident on Twitter.

One tweet, apparently posted by Watford FC striker Troy Deeney, showed a picture of the vehicle along with the words: 'Are (sic) coach driver just finished someone's Xmas :laugh:'.

Majella Tarmey, 29, and her partner Duncan Butler, 32, were taking their one-year-old son Joseph to visit family in Bristol.

After finding fans' cars parked all along the road, Ms Tarmey said she asked a steward at Bristol City FC's Ashton Gate ground if they could park by a wall close to the stadium.

Scraped: Watford FC player Troy Deeney apparently tweeted this picture of the damage done to Majella Tarmey's car, while it was parked in Bristol on Boxing Day

Shocked: Ms Tarmey, a nurse, from Bedminster, Bristol, was taken by police officers onto the coach to exchange details with the driver

After visiting family they returned to the car at around 2pm to find police at the scene.

The couple were told that the coach carrying the Championship League team into the ground had hit Ms Tarmey's car.

They say it had been scraped along one side and the wheel arch damaged.

Ms Tarmey, a nurse, from Bedminster, Bristol, was taken by police officers onto the coach to exchange details with the driver.

Although upset, she was resigned to the damage caused in the incident, until she logged on to social networking service Twitter.

Ms Tarmey's partner had noticed tweets on the accounts of two Watford FC players - Troy Deeney and Fernando Forestieri - that had been retweeted by various people

Her partner had noticed tweets on the accounts of two Watford FC players - Troy Deeney and Fernando Forestieri - that had been retweeted by various people.

Deeney had apparently tweeted a picture of the damaged car along with the words: 'Are (sic) coach driver just finished someone's Xmas :laugh:'

Forestieri had also apparently tweeted a picture of the damaged car.

Alongside it were the words: 'Merry Christmas Bristol hahahahahaha.'

Ms Tarmey, who is a Bristol City fan, said: 'I was shocked when I read these comments on Twitter. It's not so much the accident that upset me but the attitude of the players.

'I feel that it is unacceptable for such public figures to behave in this manner.

'It may be hilarious to these highly paid individuals, but for me it is at great cost.

'My car had to be recovered from the ground as it wasn't safe to drive and now the insurance company is looking into the damage and how much it's going to cost.

'We were going to take our son to see his grandparents in Southampton but have had to wait for a courtesy car to be delivered - it's really inconvenienced us.

'It was so irritating to read the flippant comments from the players - I am now in the process of making a complaint to the club.'

A spokeperson for Watford FC today declined to comment about the Boxing Day incident involving its team bus.

TAKEN FROM: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2254215/Our-driver-just-finished-someones-Xmas-:laugh:-Footballers-tweets-anger-woman-car-bus-crashed-Boxing-Day.html

You must remember Deeney is not exactly super intelligent from the top drawer. Did he not do time also ?

5 hours ago, TBW said:

but he's apparently had a chat with someone in health

4 hours ago, TBW said:

Your earlier post confirmed that he changed it after speaking to somebody, so I'm not sure why your jimjams are so ruffled.

5 hours ago, TBW said:

He's a moron.

You’re a moron 

1 hour ago, BS2 Red said:

Your earlier post confirmed that he changed it after speaking to somebody, so I'm not sure why your jimjams are so ruffled.

Because of the statement he's made saying "I never meant that, I just meant I'd miss the first week". It's bullshit.

Archived