IGNORED

Rotherham '07

glastonred

15 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

But still playing in National League South.  Not bad at his age for a ‘pisshead’.

Yes but he liked a drink didn't he- or was that overdone?

Point is he could have achieved more still, well I think so anyway- certainly had good technical ability IIRC.

29 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Last 30 years, people who could put a ball on a sixpence.

Jacki, tins, noble, hartley.

Tins crossfield ping for Murray was a thing of beauty time after time

3 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Well said dolman pragmastist.

Even if he did like a few pints, who cares, he never let us down.

Theres no way he would still be playing if he did drink heavy.

Did fine for us, did well in fact- but these days, ideally you keep drinking to a minimum- better the condition of body, and fitness, attitude, the more chance of success- and greater success.

Especially if skilful like he clearly was. I seem to recall 2nd Championship season scored a stunner v Plymouth. First one back he played to good effect behind the striker- be it Byfield or Trundle- in a 4-4-1-1. Still though, alcohol does and can impair in this day and age, players the higher they go.

Thinking more about that game.

Calderwood declaring City would bottle it. But we didn't ! ?

The surreal fixtures the following season. Having been promoted we now had to play Southend and Colchester whilst Leeds & Forest remained in the division below. ?

Sat in the lower dolman that day, just out of hospital with a stent tube connecting my kidney and bladder.... i pretty well messed myself up cheering the goals and on staggering home after some bloke told me to cheer up cause weve been promoted. Then went home and peed a load of blood. Happy days!!!

I was in the lower Dolman that day with my dad. When the 2nd went in, up I went as did the rather portly chap ( lardy fecker) next me me. Off I went through mid air, landing on the 3 inch red bars at the front of the first low, busting 3 ribs and being carted off by the St John's ambulance and then off to the BRI.

Dad stood there laughing, telling me to get off the pitch! :(

Great day but bloody painful!

It was such a relief to get out of that division after so long. It was a really enjoyable day, and the sea of people on the pitch at the end was amazing. Great memories of that day, and a great evening of drinking to celebrate as well. 

Archived