IGNORED

Massengo - Bulking Up

Davefevs

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/i-ve-worked-out-and-worked-hard-massengo/

I’m a big fan of his.  This break may we’ll have been perfect for him.  I’ve often said the demands of the champ and training are tough for an 18 year old.  He has had a break to build himself us, could be even better on resumption.  Hope so anyway.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I’m a big fan of his.  This break may we’ll have been perfect for him.  I’ve often said the demands of the champ and training are tough for an 18 year old.  He has had a break to build himself us, could be even better on resumption.  Hope so anyway.

He does look pretty ripped in those photos - the shoulders on him now!

Let`s hope it works for him like it did for Bobby Reid and Niclas.

3 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Only played in 6 of our last 15 games. 

Did we really need Markus Henriksen when HNM was already struggling to get in the team?

I genuinely think he’s been taken out of the team to ease the strain on him.  No way would he if LJ have expected him to play as many as he has.

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

As well as bulking up- to be welcomed though technique vs physicality is always an interesting debate- he's another who I think would benefit from a genuine central 3. Maybe bulking up would reduce the need for it though.

His biggest strength IMO is receiving the ball, shielding it and then looking for the killer pass. He would often get knocked off it by some midfield bruiser though before he could complete the move so hopefully this will go a long way to stopping that happening.

The other thing I hope he`s learned is when to put your foot through the ball rather than try and play your way out of trouble - Barnsley away springs to mind.

3 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Only played in 6 of our last 15 games. 

Did we really need Markus Henriksen when HNM was already struggling to get in the team?

As said at the time he joined MH presented different qualities to those HNM does, in addition LJ has said we lack height across the pitch so looked to add to it

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

His biggest strength IMO is receiving the ball, shielding it and then looking for the killer pass. He would often get knocked off it by some midfield bruiser though before he could complete the move so hopefully this will go a long way to stopping that happening.

The other thing I hope he`s learned is when to put your foot through the ball rather than try and play your way out of trouble - Barnsley away springs to mind.

Still think a 3, yeah bulking up is important but your midfield is less secure in a 2- individual duels may not be affected so much by this though.

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Think you are right Dave. I rate him very highly, the current situation probably means we will have him next season, which is good news, but enjoy him whilst we can, he is going on to big things.

3 hours ago, JonDolman said:

After a very good game against Derby, it seems Henriksen might have fallen out with LJ during or after loss at Huddersfield.

So probably a poor signing. Not seen him in training in any videos on twitter.

Poor man mangement by LJ if so. Henriksen was far from match fit given the chance by LJ.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

True. I hadn't thought of that part of it.

If Johnson is shouting at a guy who is naturally not up to speed, then I guess that could be bad man management.

We did not see Henriksen again after that game. So no doubt so far it is a bad signing by LJ.

Paying his wages, and maybe a loan fee ontop of that and getting one good game out of him.

Of course we still have these games left to play, so if he is back with us then there's still time to turn it into a success.

Derby game he showed he had something for sure.

What's your basis for them even falling out?

There were only 2 games after the Huddersfield one, so it's not as if Henrikson just vanished for a prolonged amount of time.

Or is it just yet another baseless rumour?

14 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

It's what I heard from a number of people at the time

Johnson implied it himself in a Radio Bristol interview and the fact the Henriksen hasn’t been seen since speaks volumes.  If they did fall out I suspect there was a good reason for it, and Henriksen’s performance against Huddersfield was certainly a travesty compared with how he played against Derby a few days earlier.  I’m prepared to trust the manager on this one.

It wouldn’t be the first time Henriksen had fallen out with a manager...

5 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Johnson implied it himself in a Radio Bristol interview and the fact the Henriksen hasn’t been seen since speaks volumes.  If they did fall out I suspect there was a good reason for it, and Henriksen’s performance against Huddersfield was certainly a travesty compared with how he played against Derby a few days earlier.  I’m prepared to trust the manager on this one.

There's been 2 games since.

It says absolutely **** all.

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

True. I hadn't thought of that part of it.

If Johnson is shouting at a guy who is naturally not up to speed, then I guess that could be bad man management.

We did not see Henriksen again after that game. So no doubt so far it is a bad signing by LJ.

Paying his wages, and maybe a loan fee ontop of that and getting one good game out of him.

Of course we still have these games left to play, so if he is back with us then there's still time to turn it into a success.

Derby game he showed he had something for sure.

⬇️

16 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

LJ naturally said there had been falling out (there were similar rumours with Wells too at the time), but in fairness he did say he’d not reached the standard he expected in a couple of games.

Maybe Derby was purely on adrenaline, it happens?  As a team, Derby aside, we weren’t at our best over those games.

24 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

There's been 2 games since.

It says absolutely **** all.

Actually you’re wrong.  It says that Henriksen was either injured (and I don’t recall any reports of that) or had been dropped.  If the latter, very strange that he was not on the bench, unless there’d been a falling out of course...

incidentally, many years ago a friend of mine was in an Indian restaurant with a bunch of his mates and their behaviour was, shall we say, not as good as it might have been.  This resulted in them getting into a heated argument with the proprietor of the restaurant, an Indian gentleman, who ended the exchange with the immortal line “You think I know **** nothing, but I know **** all”.

Just now, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Actually you’re wrong.  It says that Henriksen was either injured (and I don’t recall any reports of that) or had been dropped.  If the latter, very strange that he was not on the bench, unless there’d been a falling out of course...

incidentally, many years ago a friend of mine was in an Indian restaurant with a bunch of his mates and their behaviour was, shall we say, not as good as it might have been.  This resulted in them getting into a heated argument with the proprietor of the restaurant, an Indian gentleman, who ended the exchange with the immortal line “You think I know **** nothing, but I know **** all”.

No it says **** all about the situation as it could easily have been an injury, just being dropped from the team for a bad performance, dropped from the team and a falling out, or simply dropped to have an extra couple of weeks getting to match fitness.

2 games is barely anything, and a player not being in the squad for 2 matches is not in any way an indication of a falling out. If it was then fans of clubs up and down the country would be asking if half their squad had fallen out with the manager every other week.

Did Diedhiou fall out with LJ after game x? Eliasson after game y? Baker after game z?

Certainly needed it. After showing some promise against Fulham and Huddersfield at the start of the season, teams worked out that that he could be bullied in the middle of the field and he wasn't quite looking up to it, Millwall and Blackburn at home were particular examples of this. 

Hopefully this helps to improve his game in the same way it improved Reid's and Eliasson's. The boy has a big future irregardless of performances in his first professional season.

Archived