IGNORED

I got a golden ticket...

Silvio Dante

As sang Charlie Bucket. And as could sing you as well under an idea from Colin Murray today, where he’s expressed a view that under “Project Restart” and assumedly in the championship, room could be made for one/two fans to attend the game behind closed doors. These could be deserving cases (eg I think we’d be hard pressed to make a case for people other than @Olé after that donation), via a raffle or something else

So, questions:

- Is it a good idea?

- Would you even want to attend on this basis (Bear in mind if you sing the Kasey Palmer song he has total permission to see your wife as it can be traced to you)

- How should it be decided who attends if it came about?

- Should we just nominate Robbored so he can hear the tannoy in the Dolman and fulfil a life’s dream?

- Where in the heck would you want to sit?

I was thinking this. Surely all clubs could drastically reduce capacity and have someone in every 5th seat, on every other row, or something..? 

It wouldn't be the same, of course, or even worth it, for many for whom it's all about the social aspect. 

But it's got to be possible. Although probably against the terms of the agreement to re-start. 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I was thinking this. Surely all clubs could drastically reduce capacity and have someone in every 5th seat, on every other row, or something..? 

It wouldn't be the same, of course, or even worth it, for many for whom it's all about the social aspect. 

But it's got to be possible. Although probably against the terms of the agreement to re-start. 

You would have to massively stagger the people coming in so might be tricky to do 1 in 5 but definitely could get a thousand in safely I would say.

24 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

You would have to massively stagger the people coming in so might be tricky to do 1 in 5 but definitely could get a thousand in safely I would say.

I think Surrey and Northants are looking into this from a cricket perspective. Also seen today a German theatre removing some seats - allowing singles and blocks of two to allow couples to attend.

I think the entry/exit process is part of the issue, but equally it’s about people moving around the stadium even if social distancing is kept - eg I sit row T in the Dolman. Fair chance if I sit there, I’ll handle the barrier - is that safe? If a way can be found, then we and other clubs may be able to do reduced capacity. You could even maximise it by where people live together (eg I take my two kids) you can have a three together, then distancing to a single or a two.

Probably that part is to the broader thread. I’m not sure though how many would want to go as the sole attendee which was the question here - I’d probably be in two minds (with the alternate being to watch it at home with the kids) but would come down on the side of being there

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think Surrey and Northants are looking into this from a cricket perspective. Also seen today a German theatre removing some seats - allowing singles and blocks of two to allow couples to attend.

They could do that at the mem quite easily. Just remove every other patio chair and nail the remaining ones to the floor.

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

As sang Charlie Bucket. And as could sing you as well under an idea from Colin Murray today, where he’s expressed a view that under “Project Restart” and assumedly in the championship, room could be made for one/two fans to attend the game behind closed doors. These could be deserving cases (eg I think we’d be hard pressed to make a case for people other than @Olé after that donation), via a raffle or something else

So, questions:

- Is it a good idea?

- Would you even want to attend on this basis (Bear in mind if you sing the Kasey Palmer song he has total permission to see your wife as it can be traced to you)

- How should it be decided who attends if it came about?

- Should we just nominate Robbored so he can hear the tannoy in the Dolman and fulfil a life’s dream?

- Where in the heck would you want to sit?

In that case I'll nominate myself.

Being single at the moment I can sing that with no worries.

Just send a list with the other songs you want done, I'll take requests.

25 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

In a 20k stadium surely you good get at least 10 people?

In which case we should choose the fans with the biggest presence of all to make the stadium appear as full as possible.

I nominate:

@bigbash he could throw a socially distanced party outside afterwards if we win.

@biggythecity he can chant :chant6ez:'THE CITY' :chant6ez: all game.

@BigP he can make up for the lack of numbers in the toilets. :blink:

@BigTone only if he promises not to put the players off by wearing one of his favourite shirts!

@Big Nose not in a seat near the front where his gigantic proboscis would interfere with play. Although perhaps useful to trip up a dangerous opposition winger?

@BigAl&Toby minus Toby, of course. ?

@Torpey'sBigToe give him a seat with plenty of leg room!

@The Enormous Turnip He can do a solo medley of all the Wurzels songs mentioning vegetables. :farmer:

@Big C He can simply sit there looking huge to intimidate the opposition.

@Rudolf Hucker Couldn't leave him out - apparently he's the 'biggest' of the lot (or so he says!) :liar::laugh:

7 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

In which case we should choose the fans with the biggest presence of all to make the stadium appear as full as possible.

I nominate:

@bigbash he could throw a socially distanced party outside afterwards if we win.

@BigTone only if he promises not to put the players off by wearing one of his favourite shirts!

@Big Nose not in a seat near the front where his gigantic proboscis would interfere with play. Although perhaps useful to trip up a dangerous opposition winger?

@The Enormous Turnip He can do a solo medley of all the Wurzels songs mentioning vegetables. :farmer:

@Rudolf Hucker Couldn't leave him out - apparently he's the 'biggest' of the lot (or so he says!) :liar::laugh:

I'm in

81icgY0HRgL._AC_UY780_.jpg

9 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I'm in

81icgY0HRgL._AC_UY780_.jpg

I knew i shouldn't of done that acid earlier. Whatever you have posted Tone looks like a terribly garish snd might i add mildly offensive piece featuring flamingos and tropical fruit!

16 minutes ago, Gazred said:

I knew i shouldn't of done that acid earlier. Whatever you have posted Tone looks like a terribly garish snd might i add mildly offensive piece featuring flamingos and tropical fruit!

I do my best Sir. Strangely her indoors and her mates love this one.

On 29/05/2020 at 18:45, Nogbad the Bad said:

I nominate:

Couldn’t bring myself to go @Nogbad the Bad if my henchman is excluded.

He’d be devastated.....

As devastated as SL was on R4 Today programme last week. He was so devastated all the ****** spoke about was Bristol ******* Bears....

But if we win a ticket we’ll have to bring our flag ?

Archived