IGNORED

Extended interview with AARON WILBRAHAM

Shtanley

On 30/05/2020 at 00:05, Bouncearoundtheground said:

And to think I didn’t listen for ages cause I thought it would be shit! 

On 31/05/2020 at 22:02, poland_exile said:

There, someone said it - I'm a recent convert having skipped listening for ages simply because I assumed it it would be a cobbled together bore. My humble, most grovelling apologies, therefore, to the OSIB team. 

It took a long time for it not to be shite so you were probably right to not listen at the beginning!

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

This is so spot on.

Always used to watch him as soon as he came on as a sub.

Amazing the number of times that as he got himself into a position to receive the ball that he “accidentally” stood on his markers’ toe at the first throw in..

Just a top professional, he brought so much to the squad,

Christ. It’s @GrahamC  welcome back mate. 

1 hour ago, 054123 said:

It’s a great listen this one.

No matter who’s talking you always get the impression we just didn’t capitalize on the Cottrell promotion. 

Indeed. Getting Cotts out was more important than backing him. 

14 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Tomlin comes across as a horrible player to have around at the club.

To get our money back was quite incredible. I could never work out why LJ did not drop him sooner. Fighting against relegation and having a player who was fat and lazy playing behind an 18 year old who clearly needed some support up there with him. Never gonna get that from Tomin was he!

It's interesting what Wilbs says about Cotts. Letting himself get frustrated and in a bad mood during the 2 week preseason tour.

I would have thought he would have kept a positive attitude in training. We certainly did not look like a happy, confident side that had just won league one when we kicked off the season. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it, but it would hardly not seem ideal to be like that when building up to the start of the season.

I remember a post match interview from Cotts during that pre-season after we'd just lost somewhere, think it was Yeovil, and he was clearly fuming at what had been going on (or not), so much so that the interviewer picked up on it.

What a great professional Albie is.  Fantastic example to any young professional.   

I do feel his desire to become an agent - good luck to him - meant he was slightly guarded in some of his answers.  Can't fault him for that really.  Smart fella.   

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Indeed. Getting Cotts out was more important than backing him. 

It’s certainly an interesting episode of the clubs history. 

Ultimately it appears he just didn’t fit Steve Lansdown’s vision. 

I can appreciate that, in the sense of just ending up in an expensive managerial merry go round. However I wonder if he thought the following 4 years would play out as they have? 

Looking forward to it, I like many regret Cotts not being backed more and given more time.  but I do remember him  acting up at the start of that season and his frustration with us missing out on the striker (forget his name!) that ended up going to Burnley (they went up and we did not, so Cotts was almost certainly right, but not right to act the way he did).

If it came down to keep Cotts or S Lansdown (even if it meant missing out on prem) its no contest, SL is laying down firm foundations that will last and improve BCFC for the next 50 plus years, managers always come and go...

18 hours ago, 054123 said:

It’s a great listen this one.

No matter who’s talking you always get the impression we just didn’t capitalize on the Cottrell promotion. 

Really?!

I think we got the most we could from cotts. He's never been up to it at this level and we were going back down

Although it is a City focused podcast it would have been interesting to have heard a bit more from Wilbraham about his time at Bolton as it was an absolute shambles of a club behind the scenes at the time

16 hours ago, Mr X said:

Although it is a City focused podcast it would have been interesting to have heard a bit more from Wilbraham about his time at Bolton as it was an absolute shambles of a club behind the scenes at the time

Try this, may go into it a bit more. 

Archived