IGNORED

Refund on ST ?

westonred

3 minutes ago, Red Alert said:

Need to take into account where there’s multiple season tickets per household. In many cases this equates to far more than the price of a live stream.

£200.  I’ll happily take £43 back, or a credit in club shop.

If you were a family of 4 and all got the option of being able to watch games being streamed, then sure you at least would want 3 season tickets worth refunded. Otherwise you are getting a terrible deal. I'm afraid the only fair thing to do is refund and players will have to take a paycut if they want football to survive. 

2 hours ago, Furious Custard said:

I don't think we will see any money back or off of merch or next seasons tickets, it doesn't make financial sense to any club to put themselves in financial trouble by issuing money back when effectively its already spent on next seasons wages.  

Many of us, myself included, have already purchased next seasons tickets in full. So that money in my mind is spent im not expecting it back, I'm hoping that with that money the club can continue to operate. 

For this and next season I would happily accept digital access to the games live if it can be made possible. 

I'm pretty sure the club are offering refunds for next season in extenuating circumstances if you call them. (Have seen this stated elsewhere on here)

I do appreciate the situations for clubs. On the other hand our owner is a billionaire and has more money/capital than he will ever need. He has given a lot to the club, but it's not all for selfless reasons. 

Many fans will plough their limited wages into a club. It's not really much for a billionaire to suck that up and share the wealth back down is it? It's a bit like someone on £17k a year dropping £50 on a chairity fundraiser.

When many of the business elite lose their businesses like that Green bloke it doesn't mean he loses his wealth and his life. They've already extracted their payment and it simply means it's no longer profitable for them. 

Again none of this aimed at SL directly, but some perspective. I respect what he's done for the club. 

5 minutes ago, BristolCity1992 said:

I do appreciate the situations for clubs. On the other hand our owner is a billionaire and has more money/capital than he will ever need. He has given a lot to the club, but it's not all for selfless reasons. 

Many fans will plough their limited wages into a club. It's not really much for a billionaire to suck that up and share the wealth back down is it? It's a bit like someone on £17k a year dropping £50 on a chairity fundraiser.

When many of the business elite lose their businesses like that Green bloke it doesn't mean he loses his wealth and his life. They've already extracted their payment and it simply means it's no longer profitable for them.

Again none of this aimed at SL directly, but some perspective. I respect what he's done for the club. 

You see a way that giving our club hundreds of millions of pounds and writing the vast majority of it off as being something other than a selfless gesture..? 

Really not fussed about a refund on this season. Long since spent and gone. 

I'd decline it, if that's an option. 

I hope not to hear anyone who takes it, complain about transfer business in the future. 

Personally I don’t expect any money back for this season. There does seem to be a culture brewing where everyone (not just football fans) want to be compensated for a global pandemic.

Fact is everyone is financially &/or emotionally affected by this and we’re going to have our pockets hit hard.

When it comes to banks, airlines or fat cat retailers etc fair enough.  But when it’s your local football club I don't get the notion of a refund that could create a disadvantage to your club unless the funds are needed rather than wanted.

That’s where I believe it should be optional and the club offer incentives that could cost the club little arrange.

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Would you rather have £100 or the club have £2,000,000? I know what I'd rather.

I'd like it if someone got confused and the club kept the £100 and gave me the two million.

A number of posters seem to be getting confused between SL's money, and the money the club have. Not the same.

Anyway, let's not panic here, players are training and once a decision is made and formally communicated l, dare say the options for fans will soon follow.

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

You see a way that giving our club hundreds of millions of pounds and writing the vast majority of it off as being something other than a selfless gesture..? 

The keyword you have missed there is "not totally" that's not to say that he doesn't do things that are selfless and I think I said there continually that I agree he has done tons for the club. 

There are other reasons though for doing the things that he does and he does gain benefit of them. It's his benefit and that of his legacy the club survives.

1 hour ago, westonred said:

When did i demand anything ? I was originally asking if we were going to get a refund like other clubs have done and would people be happy with TV package, shop vouchers or discount on next years ST.

Yes we are all experiencing some kind of financial hardship this is why we need to know the clubs stance on this matter 

Which other clubs have issued refunds, outside of those who receive Premier league riches..? 

I can only find statements from Leeds & Swansea. Both saying that they are looking into the options relating to refunds or club credit alternatives. 

Which are these clubs you refer to, in such a way that you make it sound like most others have issued refunds, whilst we haven't..? 

I think the truth is that not many, if any, clubs in our league have done so. 

4 minutes ago, BristolCity1992 said:

The keyword you have missed there is "not totally" that's not to say that he doesn't do things that are selfless and I think I said their continually that I agree he has done tons for the club.

There are other reasons though for doing the things that he does and he does gain benefit of them. 

Good. So he should. 

They certainly aren't financial benefits though. 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Which other clubs have issued refunds, outside of those who receive Premier league riches..?  

I don’t know why everyone seems to have expected something already, before there is any announcement on the season conclusion. 

I’m sure that any sensible club (?) would have planned for all possible outcomes to the season, with scenarios for ST holders to be shared externally as and when conclusions are made. 

Most Season tickets holders had payed for next seasons ticket in February 6 months before the new season starts.  The club should show these loyal fans that they care and give a refund on games missed.if you payed for a holiday and it was cancelled you would expect a refund.its a lot money to lose in these uncertain times with people being on furlough and many losing their jobs.

For me, I buy my season ticket on the assumption of 23 games but hope for 19 (as always advance purchase so the prem may happen!) so on that basis I could say I’m covered.

More seriously, I think what there has to be here is some collective thinking from all 24 championship sides. Different question lower down as refunds of STs with loss of other revenue may kill clubs in L1 and L2.

What I’d like to see is the option for ST holders across the championship to opt for no refund but a live stream of every game - home and away. The games could then be available on a per game cost as well, but that couldn’t be at less than the pro-rata ST cost. And if they want per game to be less, then clubs have to give partial refunds.

I can’t see any reason for children (U12) tickets to be refunded - I pay £100 for each of my kids tickets and they get the free shirt. I won’t be giving the club back 1/5 of the shirt if I can’t attend.

We have to acknowledge that as a club, we’re lucky - many may not come through this. And although it’s totally true that some people are in dire need of the £100ish refund, that won’t apply to all of us.

So, simple solution - offer full home and away access to the games via a stream, or offer a refund. If that choice is up, I’ll go for the former - and I’d imagine a large majority also will.

9 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

For me, I buy my season ticket on the assumption of 23 games but hope for 19 (as always advance purchase so the prem may happen!) so on that basis I could say I’m covered.

More seriously, I think what there has to be here is some collective thinking from all 24 championship sides. Different question lower down as refunds of STs with loss of other revenue may kill clubs in L1 and L2.

What I’d like to see is the option for ST holders across the championship to opt for no refund but a live stream of every game - home and away. The games could then be available on a per game cost as well, but that couldn’t be at less than the pro-rata ST cost. And if they want per game to be less, then clubs have to give partial refunds.

I can’t see any reason for children (U12) tickets to be refunded - I pay £100 for each of my kids tickets and they get the free shirt. I won’t be giving the club back 1/5 of the shirt if I can’t attend.

We have to acknowledge that as a club, we’re lucky - many may not come through this. And although it’s totally true that some people are in dire need of the £100ish refund, that won’t apply to all of us.

So, simple solution - offer full home and away access to the games via a stream, or offer a refund. If that choice is up, I’ll go for the former - and I’d imagine a large majority also will.

Yeah I think the option to have a refund is key to good relationships. 

10 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Preston have announced they won’t be refunding season ticket holders for the remaining games of the 19/20 season. 

During this unprecedented period in our country’s history we sincerely hope that you and your family are keeping safe and we would like to thank you for your continued loyalty and support.

We are conscious of the fact that we have not as yet made any statement with regard to any proposal for season card holders due to the increasing likelihood that the balance of the planned home games for season 2019/20 will be played behind closed doors.

In the period since the season was halted despite the fact that we have had no income coming into the club we have continued to honour our playing contracts. This is something that we believe to be of utmost importance.

We have also begun a period of Covid-19 testing for our players and football staff in preparation for an expected return to playing. This testing is both essential but expensive and the cost is being borne by the club.

We are exploring making available to all of our season card holders free TV/Internet streaming access to all of our remaining games both home and away.

Our supporters will be aware that season cards already give a significant discount versus the match by match cost of buying tickets and we would sincerely hope that our regular season card supporters will therefore understand that we are not currently in a position to offer refunds for any perceived loss from the current season.

We are currently examining all options to thank our loyal season card holders and once we are in a position to confirm a definitive policy we will communicate that to all concerned.

Thank you once again for your understanding and support.

For all those who have booked match-by-match hospitality for any of the remaining home games in the 2019/20 season, you will be contacted directly by the club’s commercial team early next week.

7 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

During this unprecedented period in our country’s history we sincerely hope that you and your family are keeping safe and we would like to thank you for your continued loyalty and support.

We are conscious of the fact that we have not as yet made any statement with regard to any proposal for season card holders due to the increasing likelihood that the balance of the planned home games for season 2019/20 will be played behind closed doors.

In the period since the season was halted despite the fact that we have had no income coming into the club we have continued to honour our playing contracts. This is something that we believe to be of utmost importance.

We have also begun a period of Covid-19 testing for our players and football staff in preparation for an expected return to playing. This testing is both essential but expensive and the cost is being borne by the club.

We are exploring making available to all of our season card holders free TV/Internet streaming access to all of our remaining games both home and away.

Our supporters will be aware that season cards already give a significant discount versus the match by match cost of buying tickets and we would sincerely hope that our regular season card supporters will therefore understand that we are not currently in a position to offer refunds for any perceived loss from the current season.

We are currently examining all options to thank our loyal season card holders and once we are in a position to confirm a definitive policy we will communicate that to all concerned.

Thank you once again for your understanding and support.

For all those who have booked match-by-match hospitality for any of the remaining home games in the 2019/20 season, you will be contacted directly by the club’s commercial team early next week.

Shocker of a decision tbh.

I'm definitely conflicted on what I'd do.

I think on some level all of us would have the best interests of the club at heart, and would equate that with refusing a refund to keep the money with the club.

On the other hand, I see comments in here about 'fair enough taking the refund if it's an airline or bank or fat cat retailer' and I can't help but think that for years now the club has treated us exactly as those companies do - as customers not supporters. It's all well and good for clubs to play on the loyalty of die hard fans now, but what about the years they've been raising prices, overcharging, failing to communicate, putting the feelings and needs of fans to the side, etc? I can't say that sits very well with me.

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

Shocker of a decision tbh.

Players (on £20K pw) are more important than fans ( many of whom are furloughed, laid off, or soon to lose their jobs when the economy crashes).

Unbelievable arrogance from PNE.  I suspect other Championship clubs will follow.

2 hours ago, redsocks said:

Most Season tickets holders had payed for next seasons ticket in February 6 months before the new season starts.  The club should show these loyal fans that they care and give a refund on games missed.if you payed for a holiday and it was cancelled you would expect a refund.its a lot money to lose in these uncertain times with people being on furlough and many losing their jobs.

Nobody has missed a game for next season yet. 

I've not had a refund from my holiday that should have departed over a week ago. 

I think whatever the answer is or isn't the Club should have (as many other clubs,shops,gyms,dentists etc etc have) communicated something to fans with Sts. We have two current STs and have paid up front for next season so nearing a £1000. We're not as badly off as some as we're on a fixed incme now, but if this had happened a few years ago we certainly would have needed that money back.

There are lots of people who sacrifice things to buy their tickets and I think it's remiss of the club not to have sent any communication at all as far as I'm aware, about what's happening even if there's no final decisions about things. Would have been good to have been kept in the loop.

21 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

I think whatever the answer is or isn't the Club should have (as many other clubs,shops,gyms,dentists etc etc have) communicated something to fans with Sts. We have two current STs and have paid up front for next season so nearing a £1000. We're not as badly off as some as we're on a fixed incme now, but if this had happened a few years ago we certainly would have needed that money back.

There are lots of people who sacrifice things to buy their tickets and I think it's remiss of the club not to have sent any communication at all as far as I'm aware, about what's happening even if there's no final decisions about things. Would have been good to have been kept in the loop.

Kept in what loop..? 

Nothings been confirmed for the rest of this season yet,  let alone next season. 

It won't be long before they'll need to say something, regarding this seasons remaining games, but there's no pressure to announce on next season until August, at the earliest. 

22 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Kept in what loop..? 

Nothings been confirmed for the rest of this season yet,  let alone next season. 

It won't be long before they'll need to say something, regarding this seasons remaining games, but there's no pressure to announce on next season until August, at the earliest. 

This. I don`t know what some people want - a daily announcement saying there is nothing to tell us?

50 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

This. I don`t know what some people want - a daily announcement saying there is nothing to tell us?

I think there is nothing to tell until there’s something to tell. Most of us are up with the news at the moment (tbf there’s no real distractions), and the assumption is that the championship will restart and no fans are allowed. However, until that decision is made formally, IMO it would be remiss to communicate either way. I think Prestons stance is wrong. Full stop.

What I expect is after the league meeting on the 8th there to be an immediate communication from all championship clubs. That’s the time. Any questions about next season are also null at the moment as nobody knows if/when that will happen and the attendance restrictions (remember events like London Marathon have been moved - optimistically - to October and if that’s on then we sure as hell will be).

Summary - the club don’t know yet. So it’s more than reasonable not to say anything

I would like to see the club offer a number of options, I think a refund has to be on the table if people are struggling financially, other options could be kiosk/shop credit, access to games being streamed, hospitality upgrades or donating the money to the club or the academy.

Every person has different circumstances and priorities, I think PNE decision leaves a bad taste, paying players tens of thousands of pounds whilst keeping funds from fans who are now living on the breadline is not a good look.

Clubs have to be careful about alienating parts of it's core fanbase plus also not risk any potential legal challenge.

9 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Really not fussed about a refund on this season. Long since spent and gone. 

I'd decline it, if that's an option. 

I hope not to hear anyone who takes it, complain about transfer business in the future. 

If we are talking about a £100 refund that is roughly 2 hours pay for a player on £10,000 a week. Football is obscene and if and when people accept a refund they should not be judged or looked down on as they can’t afford to give money away. 

6 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Preston have announced they won’t be refunding season ticket holders for the remaining games of the 19/20 season. 

I'd be surprised if that didn't get challenged. Surely there's a legal right to a refund if they haven't fulfilled their side of the contract? As far as I'm aware every other similar situation people are offered and entitled to refunds; theatre, gigs etc. 

3 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I'd be surprised if that didn't get challenged. Surely there's a legal right to a refund if they haven't fulfilled their side of the contract? As far as I'm aware every other similar situation people are offered and entitled to refunds; theatre, gigs etc. 

Exactly this. 

Archived