IGNORED

Refund on ST ?

westonred

31 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

I would hope that very few Championship football clubs are that desperate to  actually need to skim £100 of fans to help pay their players £20k per week

Most are I would think. Like ours, which loses £20million most years..! 

25 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Most are I would think. Like ours, which loses £20million most years..! 

Lansdown owns the club lock stock and both barrels. His nett work is in excess of £1.7 Billion. He recently sold a small % of his HL shares and received £160 million in cash just so , his words, he could have some extra liquidity during the pandemic.

Trust me - he really doesn't need your hundred quid.

On 30/05/2020 at 10:50, City oz said:

You are probably correct In principal however you do not pay up front at Tesco to do your shopping. Therefore not a comparison 

How about if the poster had said that they don't pay for a Tesco delivery only to receive a fraction of what they'd paid for? Oh hang on, that doesn't work either because the shopping isn't a game of football and you don't get a trip to the football delivered to you in a van. Plus you pay the supermarket for your shopping not BCFC. 

19 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

During this unprecedented period in our country’s history we sincerely hope that you and your family are keeping safe and we would like to thank you for your continued loyalty and support.

We are conscious of the fact that we have not as yet made any statement with regard to any proposal for season card holders due to the increasing likelihood that the balance of the planned home games for season 2019/20 will be played behind closed doors.

In the period since the season was halted despite the fact that we have had no income coming into the club we have continued to honour our playing contracts. This is something that we believe to be of utmost importance.

We have also begun a period of Covid-19 testing for our players and football staff in preparation for an expected return to playing. This testing is both essential but expensive and the cost is being borne by the club.

We are exploring making available to all of our season card holders free TV/Internet streaming access to all of our remaining games both home and away.

Our supporters will be aware that season cards already give a significant discount versus the match by match cost of buying tickets and we would sincerely hope that our regular season card supporters will therefore understand that we are not currently in a position to offer refunds for any perceived loss from the current season.

We are currently examining all options to thank our loyal season card holders and once we are in a position to confirm a definitive policy we will communicate that to all concerned.

Thank you once again for your understanding and support.

For all those who have booked match-by-match hospitality for any of the remaining home games in the 2019/20 season, you will be contacted directly by the club’s commercial team early next week.

Perceived loss?  Woah, that’s misjudged the situation....although they are looking at TV / internet options, nor have they said it’s definite.

1 hour ago, CodeRed said:

Lansdown owns the club lock stock and both barrels. His nett work is in excess of £1.7 Billion. He recently sold a small % of his HL shares and received £160 million in cash just so , his words, he could have some extra liquidity during the pandemic.

Trust me - he really doesn't need your hundred quid.

"He" is entirely separate to BCFC. We are lucky to have his backing and should appreciate it, rather than have those jealous, bitter undertones and expect him to foot every bill. 

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Really..? When it's the only way, by law, of watching our games..?! 

Your username couldn't appear to be any more ironic..! 

How is it ironic? Loyal to s25, not watching it on tv.....

Bit like keeping your name to a bar you haven’t owned for years? 

Complete bollocks. Of course they'll make a statement at some point! 

And no, I've not cancelled my gym membership, to help my gym survive. 

I've nor yet received a refund on my holiday, which I'd already have returned from. 

I font want a refund on a few games this season, because the money is long gone, its not the clubs fault and them refunding a huge amount in total will be detrimental to our club. 

well done. Hopefully you get a minutes applause and your picture up on the score board. 

4 hours ago, NickJ said:

The key words are:

should you choose to cancel

In my view all football clubs should have offered refunds by now. The games were due to have been completed 2 weeks ago, and they haven't been, and not only that, it is clear that if the games are played there will be no spectators.

Furloughed workers are receiving 80% to a maximum of £2,500 per month.

Owner managed company directors are being paid typically around £560 per month, or in a lot of cases nothing at all.

Self Employed are receiving a maximum of £2,500 per month and, if their earnings were greater than £50k per annum, they are being paid nothing.

Because footballers have fixed contracts none of those terms don't apply, but in my view every football club should have requested all of their players to voluntarily accept similar terms to the rest of the country, and publicize which ones did and didn't.

I personally think anyone who is content for footballers to be paid their wages in full at this time must be mad.

True.

If the games are completed for this season, there surely won't be any fans there. Feels like the can  is being kicked down the road a bit by clubs or the bulk anyway.

Agreed. 

Agreed on self employed.

Different types of companies of course but Owner Managed Company Directors? I wonder about. I think they'll be fine somehow. In my experience they often have big places in the country :whistle2:but maybe that's a narrow experience- they're not necessarily liquid assets either. I digress! 

That would've been good. I was an advocate of cuts from early on. Suppose deferrals is a halfway house. Problem is clubs looking ahead and PFA rules etc etc. In a time of pandemic and mass economic disruption, that's out of the window. Or should be.

Yeah, footballers getting full wages at this time doesn't sit well.

A choice is most likely. No doubt all clubs will be hoping that most supporters will forego a cash refund and instead opt for some sort of club credit, which will cost slot less and help. 

IF anyone really is struggling and needs a refund, then I expect it will be available, but I would hope that very few actually need £100 That desperately. 

Your last comment could be used in the same context as the lasndown family and their fortune, just larger numbers. I highly down Steve L misses 20million a season from the money he has.

Its all relative. £100 could be a days work for a lot of people, £20,000,000 out of a billion worth isn’t a lot.

37 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

"He" is entirely separate to BCFC. We are lucky to have his backing and should appreciate it, rather than have those jealous, bitter undertones and expect him to foot every bill. 

Good to see that you know your place,   do you doff your cap and tug your forelock every time he appears in the director's box?

"He is entirely separate?"  He owns the club, sets the policy, signs off on all expenditure........so hardly separate.

And yes I do expect him to foot the bills, he spends the money on transfer fees, wages,  I don't have any say, it's his choice to allow LJ to sign £74 Million pounds worth of players, he full well knows that will take the club into a loss,  so he must be comfortable with it.

Certainly no jealousy here, he's welcome to his money..(although he should pay his tax like everyone else) ..but I don't see the need to bung him £100

48 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

True.

If the games are completed for this season, there surely won't be any fans there. Feels like the can  is being kicked down the road a bit by clubs or the bulk anyway.

Agreed. 

Agreed on self employed.

Different types of companies of course but Owner Managed Company Directors? I wonder about. I think they'll be fine somehow. In my experience they often have big places in the country :whistle2:but maybe that's a narrow experience- they're not necessarily liquid assets either. I digress! 

That would've been good. I was an advocate of cuts from early on. Suppose deferrals is a halfway house. Problem is clubs looking ahead and PFA rules etc etc. In a time of pandemic and mass economic disruption, that's out of the window. Or should be.

Yeah, footballers getting full wages at this time doesn't sit well.

Ha ha but not necessarily for most.

I'm thinking of one man bands who trade as limited companies but are in essence self employed. They have been stuffed by the government, because of the way they draw "wages" from their companies, most are receiving either nothing or very nominal amounts.

Back to football, I think it's pretty poor that all clubs haven't asked their players to voluntarily accept the same conditions as the rest of the country.

Certainly no jealousy here, he's welcome to his money..(although he should pay his tax like everyone else) ..but I don't see the need to bung him £100

Does he not pay tax?

I thought he paid tax in the jurisdiction he lives in.

Live and learn.

Good to see that you know your place,   do you doff your cap and tug your forelock every time he appears in the director's box?

"He is entirely separate?"  He owns the club, sets the policy, signs off on all expenditure........so hardly separate.

And yes I do expect him to foot the bills, he spends the money on transfer fees, wages,  I don't have any say, it's his choice to allow LJ to sign £74 Million pounds worth of players, he full well knows that will take the club into a loss,  so he must be comfortable with it.

You're hardly "bunging him £100" when a global pandemic has made wholesale changes to the way football can (can't) currently be attended. 

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You're hardly "bunging him £100" when a global pandemic has made wholesale changes to the way football can (can't) currently be attended. 

NickJ had the correct solution in his earlier post on this thread, players in the top 2 leagues should have been asked to take a temporary wage cut in line with the vast numbers of workers in the uk who are managing on less or in many cases no money. Are we not "all in this together"?,  BCFC often refer to themselves as a community club so I would expect them to respect the community they represent with appropriate actions.

51 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Ha ha but not necessarily for most.

I'm thinking of one man bands who trade as limited companies but are in essence self employed. They have been stuffed by the government, because of the way they draw "wages" from their companies, most are receiving either nothing or very nominal amounts.

Back to football, I think it's pretty poor that all clubs haven't asked their players to voluntarily accept the same conditions as the rest of the country.

That’s me you’re describing.  I’m not moaning, I’m ok, but many similar to me are in not so good positions.

25 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Does he not pay tax?

I thought he paid tax in the jurisdiction he lives in.

Live and learn.

He's there for tax avoidance. 20% flat rate for residents on income earned .

Most of his profits and dividends are generated in the UK . I think he owns a golf course there but all the other development projects are uk. 

5 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

He's there for tax avoidance. 20% flat rate for residents on income earned .

Most of his profits and dividends are generated in the UK . I think he owns a golf course there but all the other development projects are uk. 

Correct. 20% the number I had in mind too.

No tax , capital gains, inheritance in Guernsey either. So that £160m stake sold may have been tax free?

I await possible correction but tax free sale?

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

The story is in today’s Sunday Mirror, and refers to the FA Cup final on 1st August potentially allowing 10,000 fans from each team. Dependency stated as R being 0.5 or less. Judging by how social distancing has broken down (thanks Dom), can’t see that happening.

Thanks.

So for remaining EFL/PL games from this season basically it's highly unlikely it ain't happening then?

Further, having 10k travelling from each side- social distancing, do you shut off the areas around to stop risk of asymptomatic spread- see Liverpool-Atletico, claims that Atletico fans spread it in bars etc, - seems unlikely to say the least...

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Thanks.

So for remaining EFL/PL games from this season it's basically highly unlikely then?

Further, having 10k travelling from each side- social distancing, do you shut off the areas around to stop risk of asymptomatic spread- see Liverpool-Atletico, claims that Atletico fans spread it in bars etc, - seems unlikely to say the least...

First part - Yep, pretty much.

The logic given for Wembley was that you can manage the ins/outs and filter that bit easier. Still a challenge and doesn’t look realistic IMO

Given we were told by the SLO the other day that the clubs ‘systems’ wouldn’t allow us to donate our £10 club shop balance to charity or even extend the time to use this by a month, I’d be surprised if this system has the capability to give us a club shop credit or deduction from next seasons ticket. 

FWIW I think the club should offer refunds. It doesn’t sit well with me that you can pay a player £15k a week for 3 years but not refund £100 to a fan who may have bought a season ticket for 30 years, where that £100 could make a lot of difference 

The club will offer options of which one will be a full refund for this season 

There will be uproar if not and you cant go round paying Kalas 20k a week and not give fans the OPTION of a full refund at a time like this where the money could.make a big difference to peoples pockets . 

Next season is a different question though as is still unknown

Think we all accept that the players wages need to be paid, and Steve Lansdown can’t pay for everything so the money’s going to have to come from somewhere. The government aren’t going to refund us, so it’s down to us to take this one on the chin or take one for the team. Yes we’ll be able to watch it on our screens at home, and yes it’ll be a bit crap, but in reality us all sharing equal amounts of pain is probably fair, albeit not perfect. 

Big shout out to the Lansdown family who will be almost definitely shouldering a disproportionate share of the costs once again. Thank you. 

8 hours ago, The Humble Realist said:

The club will offer options of which one will be a full refund for this season 

There will be uproar if not and you cant go round paying Kalas 20k a week and not give fans the OPTION of a full refund at a time like this where the money could.make a big difference to peoples pockets . 

Next season is a different question though as is still unknown

Sorry, let me get this right... you think there should be a full refund for this season (19/20) even though there’s only a handful of games left?

I understand people wanting a partial refund but a full refund is bonkers. We’ve had the majority of games! It’s not the clubs fault all this has happened.

Archived