IGNORED

Refund on ST ?

westonred

22 minutes ago, Hunsupport said:

I strongly suggest that everyone (even those who maybe could put a good use of the money at their household right now)stay calm about the refunds. It was announced here 3 weeks ago, every fan had to claim it via email and they are able to get it in cash now or transferred it to the fancard and drink/eat it next season.

However now it is announced that all ST holders and those who bought tickets in advance for our next game (this Sunday 07/06) and are under 65 can go to the game. Except those who claimed refund as it can't be reversed... And now they are furious despite it was "absolutely sure" 2 weeks ago that this season will finish behind closed doors....In this case I symphatize with the club as it would be a huge amount of reversed administration and once they decided what they want there are no take backs.

Unlikely though isn't?  If my Auntie etc....

42 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

For those already moaning about not getting what they've paid for, before they club have had a chance to do anything....

A BBC article from 2017 says that for that weekends games between Burnley and West Brom, the ball was only in play for 160 more than it was out of play. 47 minutes and 40 seconds of football in total.

Would you have requested a 50% refund on that?

(That same season, the game with the most play was Liverpool v Palace with just over 60minutes of play).

If you are playing the 'x' number of games over 90 minutes argument, there you go, a new stat to look at to see just how short-changed you've been!

Maybe you'd be happier with two 30 minute halves with the clock stopped for the duration of every break and infringement? 

I understand your point but it isn’t relevant here. I pay to attend games. I am not told I will be given a quantity of minutes. Nor do I pay accordingly for that; that isn’t the transaction the club & I engaged in.

Games at any level have a 45 minute half with the clock ticking continuously.

If we are playing a team managed by Warnock, I expect to see even less football played for my minutes....

51 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

I’d say a company losing that much each year should be looking at how it’s ran , not getting tax payers money to bail it out. 

Im pretty sure the government isn’t making businesses like Bristol City go that much into debt each year. 

You think many many companies don't lose money..?! 

20 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

That would be the company whose owner is worth £1,700,000,000 ?  Ah right

Yes. But the company in question, who employs the staff & players doesn't have £1.7 billion on the balance sheet. 

It's really not difficult to differentiate the 2 entities..! 

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yes. But the company in question, who employs the staff & players doesn't have £1.7 billion on the balance sheet. 

2 entities - 1 owner.  the same as when people register a company in their wife's name,  

Harry Redknapp's dog didn't actually open a bank account in Monaco................or perhaps you think it did?

Football clubs have long been treating fans like customers so IMO they don't get to lean on fans special attachment to them now.

Other businesses won't be looking to their customers' largesse to pick up the bill.  They might try increasing prices going forward but that's a choice customers can make in future.

So if the club are not able to fulfil the fixtures a pro rated refund should be the default option given to all ST holders. 

We did, after all, pay for these games more than 15 months ago.

They can include instructions on how to make a donation for those who wish to opt out but that is what it is.

If they want to offer a deal on RobinsTV that's fine, I'm sure many people will take that up - me included - I just hope the platform can cope.

2 hours ago, CodeRed said:

That would be the company whose owner is worth £1,700,000,000 ?  Ah right

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Company structure.

As per the accounts and CH.

Bristol City FC Limited

Parent and ultimate parent undertaking

Immediate parent- Bristol City Holdings Limited

Intermediate Parent- Pula Sport Limited, incorporated in Guernsey.

Ultimate Parent- Pula Limited, incorproated in Guernsey.

Most senior parent entity producing publicly available financial statements- Bristol City Holdings Limited.

The ultimate controlling parties are Mr & Mrs S P Lansdown by virtue of their majority shareholding in Pula Limited, the ultimate Parent company.

The current officers are of course listed as Mark Ashton, John Harman, Jon Lansdown and Gavin Marshall.

The Persons with significant control are Mr and Mrs Lansdown, and Bristol City Holdings.

Persons with significant control are Mr and Mrs L, and Bristol City Holdings.

Bristol City Holdings Limited

Parent and ultimate parent undertaking

Immediate parent- Pula Sport Limited, incorporated in Guernsey.

Ultimate Parent- Pula Limited, incorproated in Guernsey.

The ultimate controlling parties are Mr & Mrs S P Lansdown by virtue of their majority shareholding in Pula Limited, the ultimate Parent company.

The current officers are of course listed as John Harman, Jon Lansdown and Gavin Marshall.

The Persons with significant control are Mr and Mrs Lansdown.

Make of it what you will, I just put some facts out.

If I had paid £40 for a Lansdown ticket for say Sheff Wed match on March 17, I would have expected to have been offered a refund if the date changed.

However, a Season Ticket is different, since it represents a big discount against normal prices and I don't think the club is obliged to repay a proportion pro  rata if  remaining matches can only be played behind closed doors due to government restrictions.

I paid for a year's subscription to my local tennis club and play was barred for the last two months of the year. No refund was offered by the tennis club but they have offered a discount on the new season's membership.

Maybe BCFC could make a similar gesture to renewing season ticket holders. 

Obviously as we don't know the details of next season and when if / we can be allowed back, then the terms may not be clear yet.

1 hour ago, Nibor said:

Football clubs have long been treating fans like customers so IMO they don't get to lean on fans special attachment to them now.

Other businesses won't be looking to their customers' largesse to pick up the bill.  They might try increasing prices going forward but that's a choice customers can make in future.

So if the club are not able to fulfil the fixtures a pro rated refund should be the default option given to all ST holders. 

We did, after all, pay for these games more than 15 months ago.

They can include instructions on how to make a donation for those who wish to opt out but that is what it is.

If they want to offer a deal on RobinsTV that's fine, I'm sure many people will take that up - me included - I just hope the platform can cope.

Totally my view.

In order for my business to survive, I've taken no money out of it for 4 months. I have to pay my ex's mortgage and support two school-age kids. 

Even in our happiest months, I take home less than any of the starting XI, less than Lee Johnson, Mark Ashton and probably a number of other BCFC staff. More to the point, I earn a tiny percentage of what Lansdown does. 

My support for the club does not extend to giving it privileges I don't extend to other businesses, even businesses I like, such as my local pub.

I will expect a full refund and will take it out of principle.  I don't particularly like watching games online , so I have little interest in a TV option. 

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Totally my view.

In order for my business to survive, I've taken no money out of it for 4 months. I have to pay my ex's mortgage and support two school-age kids. 

Even in our happiest months, I take home less than any of the starting XI, less than Lee Johnson, Mark Ashton and probably a number of other BCFC staff. More to the point, I earn a tiny percentage of what Lansdown does. 

My support for the club does not extend to giving it privileges I don't extend to other businesses, even businesses I like, such as my local pub.

I will expect a full refund and will take it out of principle.  I don't particularly like watching games online , so I have little interest in a TV option. 

Spot on. 

This isn't a "club" as it may have been in days gone by and we are not members. 

We're customers and should be protected by consumer rights, although I think there are different rules when it comes to tickets

Do I want to watch a match, behind closed doors, streamed through an old smartphone, on a cracked 5 inch screen? nah. 

My personal preference all things considered is I get free bcfc tv for the remainder of this season and onwards and they start my 20/21 direct debits on 1st July.

When things are better and we can watch games again (which I pray is sometime during the 20/21 season) they work out what I have paid against what bcfc tv costs for the duration and reduce my 21/22 direct debits accordingly.

That seems fair as club continue to get some income from me and over a circa 2 year period I have not lost out in terms of what I got for my money.

For me ,if any football club has fully supported non-playing staff as well as the players,I would be more than happy for the club to keep my money.If not ,then I wouldn't want the club to have it.Even if it was only a fiver it is the principle of the thing that grates with me.Won't be long before clubs are throwing millions of pounds at players who may barely even get on the bench.

Not a pop at City specifically, just football in general.

55 minutes ago, Slacker said:

For me ,if any football club has fully supported non-playing staff as well as the players,I would be more than happy for the club to keep my money.If not ,then I wouldn't want the club to have it.Even if it was only a fiver it is the principle of the thing that grates with me.Won't be long before clubs are throwing millions of pounds at players who may barely even get on the bench.

Not a pop at City specifically, just football in general.

Agree. I’d also not be looking for a refund if I supported a lower league club or one otherwise in financial trouble. The reality is that the club have treated staff poorly while protecting the staff and I don’t want them keeping more of my money than they’re entitled to in order to do that.

The remains of this season I'll happily take a hit as long as they offer something in return, tv rights or merchandise offer.

Next season is a different matter. They were happy to take next season's money even when the pandemic was upon us, I wouldn't feel happy with them taking my money for games missed.

I don't hear anyone saying - I'm not bothered about you keeping my money Easyjet, Ryanair that's fine. I know City are close to our hearts but we get treated like customers of a business nowadays so they've got to act like a business now and do the right thing, which I'm sure they will.

Hopefully we won't have to miss too many of next season's games

There will have to be the option of a refund for fans , offering streaming instead wont work for families (why would they want 4 ifollow passes when they can watch on one device)

Also, what about fans who dont have the internet or dont have a device to watch the games on. Might be the minority but I cant see the club saying to those fans 'tough '

Season ticket customers are the most vital. They commit to the year to get the tickets cheaper than paying each game.

If they lose their money on the last 9 games, they'd of pay considerably more per game than the less regular fans which is massively unfair.

The club used the Furlough scheme to pay for a lot of non match day staff salaries, and also players are earning thousands per week. Why should common folk with far less money have to pay the brunt again by missing out on refunds? 

1 hour ago, The Humble Realist said:

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/information-for-201920-season-card-holders

Looks like a credit for any future spend but fans can get the cash if they want it .

Looks like they may offer a 'complimentary 'streaming service for season ticket holders.....

I'd expect something like this will happen in our case. It won't be an automatic refund - the default will be some kind of credit, but if you really (really really) want a cash refund they'll make it just a little bit harder. Please contact  Supporters Services etc etc - and be patient, staff on furlough etc. Hoping most won't bother. It's mentioned in a post above that the Boro credit could be £75 off a future ST but bear in mind they only have 4 home games left so that's probably is the full pro rata amount.

Edit:  the key information required to make a decision for most fans will be "will there be a free steam for all the games"  boro only say that they're in discussions  with the EFL regarding a complimentary stream".  That's not too helpful because a lot of fans on here have said they would take a free stream in lieu, and would like to know if that's possible before deciding.

Hopefully BCFC will get this bit nailed down so we know exactly what to plump for

1 hour ago, Selred said:

Season ticket customers are the most vital. They commit to the year to get the tickets cheaper than paying each game.

If they lose their money on the last 9 games, they'd of pay considerably more per game than the less regular fans which is massively unfair.

The club used the Furlough scheme to pay for a lot of non match day staff salaries, and also players are earning thousands per week. Why should common folk with far less money have to pay the brunt again by missing out on refunds? 

I'm not arguing the rights or wrongs of accepting any refund that may be offered, but this is simply wrong.  We save probably an average of £10-£12 per match with a season ticket.  There are 5 games left on the season ticket.  We would still have paid far less than a POTD fan.  The point that we are making a commitment to the games is valid though.

19 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Rugby ready to let fans back in

https://www.therugbypaper.co.uk/latest-news/36852/bristol-bears-get-set-to-welcome-fans-back-to-ashton-gate/

Wonder if they will do similar for ST holders next season for the football?

No idea how many they have already sold, but maybe this explains the delay in starting to collect DD payments.

I just can't see how this will work. Ignoring spectators inside the stadium needing to move around during the game for toilets etc. how do you get 8,000 people inside in the first place?

8,000 people in a socially distanced queue is 16000m long. That's almost 10miles, the back of the queue would be at Portishead!

Yes I know people would be staggered but how, with allocated time slots? How early would these need to start?

And on the flipside at the end of the game how long would it take to empty the ground safely?

Sorry, as much as I'd love to watch live sport safely, under current guidelines I just can't see how such a large number can be accommodated.

28 minutes ago, Laner said:

I just can't see how this will work. Ignoring spectators inside the stadium needing to move around during the game for toilets etc. how do you get 8,000 people inside in the first place?

8,000 people in a socially distanced queue is 16000m long. That's almost 10miles, the back of the queue would be at Portishead!

Yes I know people would be staggered but how, with allocated time slots? How early would these need to start?

And on the flipside at the end of the game how long would it take to empty the ground safely?

Sorry, as much as I'd love to watch live sport safely, under current guidelines I just can't see how such a large number can be accommodated.

Probably with 3,000 in the Lansdown, 2,500 in the Dolman and 1,000 Atyeo and 1,500 SS.

And then it's a game of chance!

https://www.gloscricket.co.uk/news/ceo-and-chairman-message-to-members/

The return of buy a brick!

I do have sympathy as finances in cricket are far more vulnerable and many counties could die .

However , they're happy to charge £4 a pint and over £60 a ticket for internationals (I know Gloucestershire dont decide the prices but they benefit enormously) when times are good 

Archived