IGNORED

Refund on ST ?

westonred

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Rugby ready to let fans back in

https://www.therugbypaper.co.uk/latest-news/36852/bristol-bears-get-set-to-welcome-fans-back-to-ashton-gate/

Wonder if they will do similar for ST holders next season for the football?

No idea how many they have already sold, but maybe this explains the delay in starting to collect DD payments.

Absolutely . If virus numbers keep going down then fans will be back at the gate in some capacity by the Autumn if not before. 

58 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That's a very big if.

Really? Every date of coming out of Lockdown appears to have been brought forward so far so I don't see it as a big if. My wife works in Southmead and the numbers in there are allmost nonexistent now. It really is great news 

10 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Really? Every date of coming out of Lockdown appears to have been brought forward so far so I don't see it as a big if. My wife works in Southmead and the numbers in there are allmost nonexistent now. It really is great news 

We won't be back til early 2021 in stadiums. The reasons numbers are dropping is because of social distancing. This isn't possible in a football stadium. Also the R number is still between 0.7 and 0.9, we are coming out of lockdown faster than the original roadmap said. I don't want to dampen spirits but equally we need to be realistic.

2 minutes ago, Selred said:

We won't be back til early 2021 in stadiums. The reasons numbers are dropping is because of social distancing. This isn't possible in a football stadium. Also the R number is still between 0.7 and 0.9, we are coming out of lockdown faster than the original roadmap said. I don't want to dampen spirits but equally we need to be realistic.

I couldn't disagree more but we will all have different opinions.

17 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

I'm not arguing the rights or wrongs of accepting any refund that may be offered, but this is simply wrong.  We save probably an average of £10-£12 per match with a season ticket.  There are 5 games left on the season ticket.  We would still have paid far less than a POTD fan.  The point that we are making a commitment to the games is valid though.

Fair challenge, I've just done the math. 

South Stand adult price per game is £27-32 for non members and £22-27 for members. 

Season ticket is £355. 18 games you're looking at £20 a game. Still a saving but not massive amounts per game. 

• Admin

Professional sport in New Zealand could welcome fans back to stadiums as early as next week with the government set to decide whether to lift all social distancing restrictions imposed to due the Covid-19 pandemic.

New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern will decide on Monday whether the country is ready to bring its alert system down to level 1, which would lift limits on mass gatherings that were imposed to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus.

That would open the door for fans to attend the opening round matches of New Zealand’s “Super Rugby Aotearoa” tournament starting on June 13th, and be a coup for the domestic game which has suffered financially due to the coronavirus shutdown.

“At level 1, all current rules on businesses and services are essentially lifted,” Ardern said on Wednesday. “Sports and concert stadiums can be sold out.”

Ardern said the government was working with stadiums to create a “Covid code” to ensure contact tracing was in place in case sports fans tested positive for the coronavirus.

“For those larger events it is a matter of preparedness for us. We may be confident that we’re an environment where we do not have Covid in circulation,” she added.

Professional sport returned to the country on Wednesday with the opening day of the “NZ Premier League Tennis” tournament at Auckland’s closed Albany Stadium, a NZ$90,000 (€51,400) event organised to give local-based players a chance to earn income.

Organisers said they would look at opening the three-week event to fans if the government gave the go-ahead next week.

New Zealand recorded no new cases of coronavirus for a 12th consecutive day on Wednesday and has just one active case.

New Zealand Rugby boss Mark Robinson told Radio New Zealand the positive outlook was “breathing a huge amount of life into the game”.

“There are a lot of things to be optimistic about for the second half of the year,” he said.

Meanwhile, in Australia, small crowds at sporting events may be possible in the near future, the deputy chief medical officer said on Wednesday, citing successful efforts to slow the spread of coronavirus.

Australia has not reported a death from the disease for more than a week. It has recorded 102 Covid-19 deaths and almost 7,200 infections.

With fewer than 20 cases each day, Australia has allowed professional sport to begin, though no crowds are permitted.

Australia’s national cabinet will on Friday meet to discuss how to further ease social distancing restrictions, including potentially allowing small, spaced out crowds at stadiums.

“We’re going to try and get back to as much normality as we can, and I would join many people in wanting to go and watch a football match. But we need to do this in a staged fashion,” Australia’s deputy chief medical officer, Paul Kelly, told reporters in Canberra.

Australia’s national cabinet in May agreed on a three-step plan to remove the bulk of social distance curbs by July, though it did mention crowds at sporting venues could be problematic.

States and territories across Australia have been relaxing restrictions at differing paces in recent weeks, slowly ending a partial lockdown ordered in March in a bid to slow the pandemic.

Although the virus’ spread has slowed dramatically, the economic toll of the curbs is evident.

TAKEN FROM: https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/new-zealand-could-allow-sold-out-sports-stadiums-next-week-1.4269532

On 30/05/2020 at 12:46, Bar BS3 said:

Really not fussed about a refund on this season. Long since spent and gone. 

I'd decline it, if that's an option. 

I hope not to hear anyone who takes it, complain about transfer business in the future. 

On 31/05/2020 at 10:01, Bar BS3 said:

Complete bollocks. Of course they'll make a statement at some point! 

And no, I've not cancelled my gym membership, to help my gym survive. 

I've nor yet received a refund on my holiday, which I'd already have returned from. 

I font want a refund on a few games this season, because the money is long gone, its not the clubs fault and them refunding a huge amount in total will be detrimental to our club. 

On 31/05/2020 at 10:07, Bar BS3 said:

A choice is most likely. No doubt all clubs will be hoping that most supporters will forego a cash refund and instead opt for some sort of club credit, which will cost slot less and help. 

IF anyone really is struggling and needs a refund, then I expect it will be available, but I would hope that very few actually need £100 That desperately. 

Can you just live and let live? If people want a refund, that's fair enough. You shouldn't be so judgemental. Your replies on this topic in whichever guise it arises are all the same. 

15 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Can you just live and let live? If people want a refund, that's fair enough. You shouldn't be so judgemental. Your replies on this topic in whichever guise it arises are all the same. 

Yeah sure. Just my opinion, on a thread full of opinion. 

On 30/05/2020 at 12:07, cidercity1987 said:

Would you rather have £100 or the club have £2,000,000? I know what I'd rather.

Easy, 100quid. Bristol CITY are a business not a charity. If anyone wants to  do whip round for the club, carry on, I Might even put a couple of loose coins in there myself but 100quid, ha no chance

I expect a refund for the games missed . My golf club offered no help but asked we support the club and no refunds etc . 
My gym has stopped taking my direct debits . My cinema season ticket has carried on taking my money and will give me however many months on at the end of my contract . West Ham mate has has part of his season ticket money refunded . 

Its discussed in tonights  Evil Post saying City Expected to offer free stream service to season ticket holders.

Well that's all well and good but i pay for City TV anyhow £15.00 a month so i would prefer a full refund on my Season ticket of say £100 and just pay the £30 for the final 2 months of streaming. Yes i am furloughed and on minimum wage so although i love the club i do need the money at the moment

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-bristol-city-leeds-united-4188017?fbclid=IwAR11QelfoGaW5Mo9srJQpYyjdgd9NTq-RPRL3BgsGzbGmN2tPj4ZgMYHCDI

The club keep my rewards cash* every season, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't redeem it, so I'll probably take a refund if it's on offer.

*Shite incentive in my opinion.

1 hour ago, westonred said:

Its discussed in tonights  Evil Post saying City Expected to offer free stream service to season ticket holders.

Well that's all well and good but i pay for City TV anyhow £15.00 a month so i would prefer a full refund on my Season ticket of say £100 and just pay the £30 for the final 2 months of streaming. Yes i am furloughed and on minimum wage so although i love the club i do need the money at the moment

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-bristol-city-leeds-united-4188017?fbclid=IwAR11QelfoGaW5Mo9srJQpYyjdgd9NTq-RPRL3BgsGzbGmN2tPj4ZgMYHCDI

That's only speculation from the Post though - no sources quoted or anything.

I wouldn't take much notice untl it's on the OS. *copyright @Robbored  2006

• Admin
1 hour ago, westonred said:

21 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

That's only speculation from the Post though - no sources quoted or anything.

I wouldn't take much notice untl it's on the OS. *copyright @Robbored  2006

Agree, just pure speculation taken from a variety of other clubs and sources

I'm intrigued if you have a household full of season ticket holders how this works?

You could have two parents and grown up kids with a season ticket

• Admin
20 minutes ago, !james said:

Interesting approach from Sunderland, that has gone down well!!

20200603_161331.jpg

Thats what the Bristol Post was referring to

All very well if there is only one person per household that has a season ticket - how does it work if you have multiple people in the household (I'm not directly asking you, just asking out loud)

Personally I paid for a seat for home games - I have never had any interest in watching City in TV and would go to the games live

Now this not an option I honestly don't know if I would watch them anyway - in the past if I couldn't get to a game I just missed out

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Thats what the Bristol Post was referring to

All very well if there is only one person per household that has a season ticket - how does it work if you have multiple people in the household (I'm not directly asking you, just asking out loud)

Personally I paid for a seat for home games - I have never had any interest in watching City in TV and would go to the games live

Now this not an option I honestly don't know if I would watch them anyway - in the past if I couldn't get to a game I just missed out

Totatally agree I paid to watch the games from a seat in the ground not from my living room. If that was the case then at £10 per match I would have made a huge saving.

Also, not sure how this could work for people that have Sky, if they decide to show all games on the red button.

Read this on The Athletic- few points on Section 75 and entitlement or otherwise. Below the line comment.

Three points on Section 75 CCA claims from credit card providers:

First, the value of the goods (i.e. tickets) paid for on your credit card has to be over £100 to claim a refund from your card provider.

Secondly, if you claim back from your credit card provider, that card provider is likely to seek reimbursement from the supplier, i.e. the football club, for recovery of the debt. This may be a factor if your principal concern is not adding to your club’s mounting debts.

Finally, if a third party business took the payment as agent for the club, Section 75 may not apply and you may not be able to claim against the credit card provider.

Maybe of use to a few?

One thing for sure, if it reached that stage, it'd be a very interesting test case in the making IMO.

33 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Read this on The Athletic- few points on Section 75 and entitlement or otherwise. Below the line comment.

Maybe of use to a few?

One thing for sure, if it reached that stage, it'd be a very interesting test case in the making IMO.

Anyone who was so inclined would probably be just as well whacking in a claim under the small claims track for breach of contract in the event of no refund from a club, naming their respective FC as the Defendant. Simple to do, not expensive, and for anyone who is principled on such matters well worth their (limited) effort. Guaranteed to be more hassle for a club to mount a defence, than for an individual to claim. 

34 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Maybe of use to a few?

If you want a refund you need to approach the club first to make a Section 75 claim (which only works for Credit Cards).  The Credit Card company have no guarantee of recovering the funds from the end supplier and there are technical problems with making a claim, all of which can add hassle to the process.

A more effective way would be to ask the card company to make a Chargeback as the services paid for were not received, this also works for debit cards and third party agents and has no minimum amount, plus the card company can charge a fee to the merchant, so it works better for them.

3 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/get-more-help/report-to-trading-standards/

This would be another avenue for fans too 

Its amazing....Sunderland said they needed to start running the club like a business...in what business would you behave like they've behaved 

Lot of sharp practice out there tbh so more than you'd think perhaps!

51 minutes ago, GlastonburyRed said:

Anyone who was so inclined would probably be just as well whacking in a claim under the small claims track for breach of contract in the event of no refund from a club, naming their respective FC as the Defendant. Simple to do, not expensive, and for anyone who is principled on such matters well worth their (limited) effort. Guaranteed to be more hassle for a club to mount a defence, than for an individual to claim. 

Would guess the EFL would represent all the clubs, try and get the case set aside in the interim before attempting to get some sort of legal ruling.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Maybe of use to a few?

I've been thinking of doing a Sec. 75 claim if there's no refund. It seems easy enough and there's a template claim letter and guide on the moneysavingexpert website, if that fails I'll do a chargeback or small claim if that's possible. There's not much effort involved as far as I can tell it can all be done from your pc.

Some might not agree and think I'm being anti the club.......but as someone who has supported the club since 1967 through the  turnstiles and ST's and bought shares in 1982 when the club was desperate (mainly so it could survive for future generations) I really don't want to be mugged off by the club I have supported for many years.

What Mark Ashton and the other suits don't get is that there wouldn't be any 6 figure executive jobs for them to enjoy if it wasn't for bread and butter fans like me buying shares and 4 local business owners who remortgaged their houses so the club could go on.

2 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

I've been thinking of doing a Sec. 75 claim if there's no refund. It seems easy enough and there's a template claim letter and guide on the moneysavingexpert website, if that fails I'll do a chargeback or small claim if that's possible. There's not much effort involved as far as I can tell it can all be done from your pc.

Some might not agree and think I'm being anti the club.......but as someone who has supported the club since 1967 through the  turnstiles and ST's and bought shares in 1982 when the club was desperate (mainly so it could survive for future generations) I really don't want to be mugged off by the club I have supported for many years.

What Mark Ashton and the other suits don't get is that there wouldn't be any 6 figure executive jobs for them to enjoy if it wasn't for bread and butter fans like me buying shares and 4 local business owners who remortgaged their houses so the club could go on.

I still think there will be a test case before anything does/doesn't happen.

Clubs will doubtless argue it isn't them who are stopping you from going.

Might be worth seeing if there are any fan organisations across the divisions who are looking to take this forward, rather than you paying anything out yourself.

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I still think there will be a test case before anything does/doesn't happen.

Clubs will doubtless argue it isn't them who are stopping you from going.

Might be worth seeing if there are any fan organisations across the divisions who are looking to take this forward, rather than you paying anything out yourself.

A shame that clubs like Preston and Sunderland don't value their fans and refund them rather than trying to squeeze the final drop of cash out of them.

Then all these discussions about consumer rights wouldn't be happening. The German BCD games have shown football is nothing without the fans.

Archived