IGNORED

Refund on ST ?

westonred

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Hardly. I skrimp & save like most..! Had hours cut in work. 

Mad, lost hours in work, Skrimp and save but not interested in money back from a business paying people insane wages a week, which then puts the business into debt. 

41 minutes ago, Dredd said:

I’ve seen arguments about not issuing refunds so management can invest in the club. I would argue that there is no better investment for a football club than in its fans. 

Survival is an acceptable reason, investment isn’t. We have an adequate number of contracted players, so why should customers fund additional high-earning staff who are ‘nice to have’ rather than essential?

5 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

Mad, lost hours in work, Skrimp and save but not interested in money back from a business paying people insane wages a week, which then puts the business into debt. 

But it's my club. The longest love affair in my life. I want to see it thrive & prosper. 

They aren't asking for £100 extra, now. The money has long since gone. 

Are/should we be entitled to a refund..? Yes. But it's nobody's fault, so I'd rather call it quits, rather than jeapodise our clubs funding going forward, for the sake of a relatively small refund per head. 

I don't expect SL to cover it. His money is his money. I'm grateful for what he invests in our club. 

I agree that next seasons tickets are a whole different ball game, but hopefully we'll be able to attend again, once that starts up. If not, then things are going to get really, seriously bad for many clubs. 

2 hours ago, BristolCity1992 said:

The gym bit cracked me up. Gyms will be all over people who don't pay in normal circumstances with threatening letters. One thing if it's a small local gym, but on the whole they are just like any other company.

To be fair, my gym stopped charging straight away at the start of lockdown, and I got an email yesterday to say when they do open not everything will be available and they will therefore be charging less.

Not all gyms are money grabbing bastards! 

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Hardly. I skrimp & save like most..! Had hours cut in work. 

How would you feel if your company continues to pay the highest earners their full hours whilst you had your hours cut? Do you feel that's fair? 

1 hour ago, elhombrecito said:

To be fair, my gym stopped charging straight away at the start of lockdown, and I got an email yesterday to say when they do open not everything will be available and they will therefore be charging less.

Did your gym give any indication when they might be open? I see Duncan Bannatyne has been saying that within the industry there's a tentative date of 4th of July which is much earlier than I suspected. Great news if true. 

15 hours ago, Selred said:

I don't know about your financial state @Bar BS3 however you foregoing £100 so players can earn £10,000 a week plus doesn't sit well.

Your hard earned money will be going to wages of already overpaid players, not the every day staff who need it as they have been Furloughed. It's the every day staff who make the club what it is, and the fact City decided to not even top up the 20% whilst players are being paid full money shows this is a business not a club. 

You mention big money signings but I don't want to see that at all. If we can't afford to pay staff wages or at minimum top it up then its disgusting to see us spend millions on players. I love Bristol City but also need to be realistic to the real world here, can't always allow our heart to rule our head. 

Well said ?

Ashton villa have just announced a refund for their season ticket holders.so come on city do the right thing and look after the the loyal fans who buy season tickets in February 6 months before the new season.some fans might think their loyalty counts for nothing.in these uncertain times with  furlough and people losing their jobs a bit of loyalty from city might make all the difference.

1. What good are 3 live stream passes for families? If 3 of us living in the same household am I to assume we will all be charged for the same thing?

2. What is the difference between coverage received by those with executive season tickets at over £1000 a season, £450 in Dolman central and south stand? Or are they allowing different people to pay different amounts for the same privilege?

3. Basic estimates would suggest on a per game basis I'd be due a refund of £20ish per game. Will those without season tickets have to pay more than this rate for the games? Or am I being punished for being loyal to the club?

4. This will not sit right with me and having purchased my season ticket for next season early bird. Will I be refunded? I will lose a lot of respect for the club and may choose to spend my money elsewhere.

I've been very angered by the clubs actions since all this has began. Not even received a courtesy update of when we may receive official statement. 

The club shop and remaining credit issue has also been a problem for me. As a ground hopper in my spare time I'm on the mailing list for many clubs. Why is it while most other clubs now offer £10 shirts and significant discounts bristol city offer £10 off? £35 for a shirt to which I'll never wear to a game this season is extortionate! 

Lost a lot of respect for the club and hate the fact the fans are now treated as worthless assets, while they continue to provide blind support. All they care about is running a good business and long has it been forgotten that football is a game for the fans! It's just entertainment. I want to be a valued fan and am not too bothered whether we have famara diedhiou upfront or joe bloggs, just want to be entertained

11 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Is it still the case that in the Championship only Boro have made any announcement?

Barnsley Swansea have indicated they are looking into to offering a refund but no confirmatory statement yet. Preston have said no refund.

All the others have either yet to say anything (like City) or are saying they want fans to accept a stream in lieu.

They're all wriggling around and trying to avoid it. Swansea actually said that a refund was going to difficult to implement because "some fans may have paid cash and the ticket office can't handle cash due to coronavirus" so unfair to refund some and not cash payers, Really? did anyone really turn up at the ground with £500  in cash?

So no club has actually said yes outright.

Based on that I think the chance of BCFC offering a refund are remote - it'll be a stream pass for BCTV. 

I've dug out my credit card statement covering my purchase and the receipt emails from BCFC/Bristol Sport and downloaded the template letter in readiness. Let battle commence ?

23 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Barnsley Swansea have indicated they are looking into to offering a refund but no confirmatory statement yet. Preston have said no refund.

All the others have either yet to say anything (like City) or are saying they want fans to accept a stream in lieu.

They're all wriggling around and trying to avoid it. Swansea actually said that a refund was going to difficult to implement because "some fans may have paid cash and the ticket office can't handle cash due to coronavirus" so unfair to refund some and not cash payers, Really? did anyone really turn up at the ground with £500  in cash?

So no club has actually said yes outright.

Based on that I think the chance of BCFC offering a refund are remote - it'll be a stream pass for BCTV. 

I've dug out my credit card statement covering my purchase and the receipt emails from BCFC/Bristol Sport and downloaded the template letter in readiness. Let battle commence ?

The cash excuse is pretty poor.

Those people could accept a bank transfer or a cheque.

36 minutes ago, City18 said:

1. What good are 3 live stream passes for families? If 3 of us living in the same household am I to assume we will all be charged for the same thing?

2. What is the difference between coverage received by those with executive season tickets at over £1000 a season, £450 in Dolman central and south stand? Or are they allowing different people to pay different amounts for the same privilege?

3. Basic estimates would suggest on a per game basis I'd be due a refund of £20ish per game. Will those without season tickets have to pay more than this rate for the games? Or am I being punished for being loyal to the club?

4. This will not sit right with me and having purchased my season ticket for next season early bird. Will I be refunded? I will lose a lot of respect for the club and may choose to spend my money elsewhere.

I've been very angered by the clubs actions since all this has began. Not even received a courtesy update of when we may receive official statement. 

The club shop and remaining credit issue has also been a problem for me. As a ground hopper in my spare time I'm on the mailing list for many clubs. Why is it while most other clubs now offer £10 shirts and significant discounts bristol city offer £10 off? £35 for a shirt to which I'll never wear to a game this season is extortionate! 

Lost a lot of respect for the club and hate the fact the fans are now treated as worthless assets, while they continue to provide blind support. All they care about is running a good business and long has it been forgotten that football is a game for the fans! It's just entertainment. I want to be a valued fan and am not too bothered whether we have famara diedhiou upfront or joe bloggs, just want to be entertained

1. You could always flog the other passes?

2. I would imagine any executive season ticket holder will have a much bigger and better tv than most, so will enjoy a far superior experience.

3. You’d be getting it for free, so those without a season ticket will undoubtably have to pay more.

4. Your early bird price has already been massively reduced compared to match day prices, so good luck with a refund.

...time for a cider & a lie down.

33 minutes ago, Pieman said:

2. I would imagine any executive season ticket holder will have a much bigger and better tv than most, so will enjoy a far superior experience.

3. You’d be getting it for free, so those without a season ticket will undoubtably have to pay more.

4. Your early bird price has already been massively reduced compared to match day prices, so good luck with a refund.

How is that remotely relevant to receiving a pro rata refund per game.

40 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Tim ? on Twitter: "It's not billionaire defending its defending ...

1 hour ago, Pieman said:

You're Jon Lansdown aren't you. Please stop effing around on the forum and tell the old man to pull his finger out and get those refunds processed.

47 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Incredible the posts from people complaining about being treated like customers rather than fans and then arguing they are due a refund under consumer rights?

of course they are due a refund. Existing consumer law hasn't changed.

The club's are just playing on the goodwill of fans. 

57 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Incredible the posts from people complaining about being treated like customers rather than fans and then arguing they are due a refund under consumer rights?

What's wrong with that? If you're treated like a customer, behave like a customer. If people were treated with some respect and were seen to be valued, then I expect peoples attitude to the club would differ. As it is, the club couldn't care less if they have a long standing supporter purchase a season ticket, or someone just moved to the area, with no affiliation to the cub whatsoever.

Force majeure is not a Bristolian term for shoving an Ultravox CD where the sun doesn’t shine, it’s a legal get out for situations like this. This club is a business, it doesn’t matter who the owner is, the income and expenditure has to comply with FFP. 

25 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Force majeure is not a Bristolian term for shoving an Ultravox CD where the sun doesn’t shine, it’s a legal get out for situations like this. This club is a business, it doesn’t matter who the owner is, the income and expenditure has to comply with FFP. 

Is there a force majeure clause in the contract between season ticket holder and club? What insurance did the club take out against the unexpected?

29 minutes ago, Pieman said:

force major is not prime minister now and going by the number of otibers saying China is to blame its not an act of GOD(upper case for believers and those undecided).

9 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

No appreciate was the same for another Gym I know.... But still it cracked me up. Ultimately Gyms need you to come back so ******* you over isn't in their interest. In normal circumstances though it would be unlikely to happen if you couldn't attend a gym and you'd already signed a contract IME. 

3 hours ago, Pieman said:

Well no, they are exactly right aren't they? After years of being made to feel like customers they should get the same rights shouldn't they? 

On 30/05/2020 at 12:07, cidercity1987 said:

Would you rather have £100 or the club have £2,000,000? I know what I'd rather.

Poor take mate. Its not just 100 pound to a lot of people. I have 3 seasons tickets im in the hole for, im on furlough, wife on maternity. And that's before we get to to next seasons tickets that have already been done at a cost of over a thousand pounds. And for what? 

In these times I couldn't give a shit if the club didn't have 2m to waste on another overpaid young footballer, who will spend that money on a range rover. 

The club should look after the people that year on year look after the club. 

I wonder if behind closed doors matches will expose the value Fans add to the whole “theatre” that is televised football. Will large audiences be attracted to what is, to all intent and purpose, 22 players running about on a park surrounded by some tall buildings (or tents in one  place)  - the majesty of old Trafford is somewhat diminished when it’s just 75,000 seats! I mean, why not use DFS, more variety and colour than a grey dystopian bowl!

Archived