IGNORED

Refund on ST ?

westonred

11 hours ago, Pieman said:

Incredible the posts from people complaining about being treated like customers rather than fans and then arguing they are due a refund under consumer rights?

Bristol sport decided a long time ago that I am a customer not a fan. So it's time I treated this business the same I would treat any other. I've paid for something, not received it through not fault of my own. Therefore I want my ******* money back.

I fail to understand what is so difficult to understand. 

18 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Barnsley Swansea have indicated they are looking into to offering a refund but no confirmatory statement yet. Preston have said no refund.

All the others have either yet to say anything (like City) or are saying they want fans to accept a stream in lieu.

They're all wriggling around and trying to avoid it. Swansea actually said that a refund was going to difficult to implement because "some fans may have paid cash and the ticket office can't handle cash due to coronavirus" so unfair to refund some and not cash payers, Really? did anyone really turn up at the ground with £500  in cash?

So no club has actually said yes outright.

Based on that I think the chance of BCFC offering a refund are remote - it'll be a stream pass for BCTV. 

I've dug out my credit card statement covering my purchase and the receipt emails from BCFC/Bristol Sport and downloaded the template letter in readiness. Let battle commence ?

So I'll get a £14.99 pass in exchange for the £200 I've paid for the 9 games?

20 minutes ago, Bob Taylor is GOD said:

Yes, and be thankful for it,  Steve Lansdown's down to his last £1,700,000,000 so please be understanding and help the guy out by waiving your consumer rights, the club need all the money it can get right  now, I noticed at the last home game Kalas's  Ferrari was coming up to 1 year old so obviously that'll need replacing soon. 

39 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

So the club clearly knows what is going on with the rest of the season now. 

Why is the Bristol sport wall of silence still going strong?

All the Championship club owners are probably ringing round each other from their various tax havens trying to agree a common position .

I don't see how a "no refund" position (if that's what is decided) could possibly be tenable given that the PL clubs have all offered refunds. The 2 scenarios are identical as far as consumer rights are concerned.

• Admin
1 hour ago, S25loyal said:

So the club clearly knows what is going on with the rest of the season now. 

Why is the Bristol sport wall of silence still going strong?

They don't though

Other leagues in Europe are starting to bring supporters back into their grounds - nobody saw that coming a few weeks ago

Things are changing VERY quickly and not completely beyond belief that grounds could have supporters in them sooner than previously expected

The annoying thing now is the deafening silence coming out of the club!!  They could at least put a holding statement out or an indication as to what they are going to offer.  It absolutely stinks of potential corporate greed, however I'm not really surprised as the club has never been good at communicating with us, particularly when  giving something back to us 'customers' is involved.

23 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

To be fair, my gym stopped charging straight away at the start of lockdown, and I got an email yesterday to say when they do open not everything will be available and they will therefore be charging less.

Not all gyms are money grabbing bastards! 

Same with my wife’s gym.

16 hours ago, Pieman said:

Force majeure is not a Bristolian term for shoving an Ultravox CD where the sun doesn’t shine, it’s a legal get out for situations like this. This club is a business, it doesn’t matter who the owner is, the income and expenditure has to comply with FFP. 

Deserved more than just a laugh emoji. ??????

I think we can all write off this season in terms of attending. Would be good if the Club could offer refunds in cases of hardship/ financial need, the amount would not be great, and could easily be borne by owner/ players.

Next season is another issue, we are not certain which League we will be in, nor whether limited numbers of spectators will be allowed. It could even be a case that ST holders will need to be ‘selected’, maybe in length of ST holding, maybe paying extra to make up for the loss of income, who knows? Would not be surprised if most clubs are home supporters only until restrictions fully lifted. It’s not necessarily inside the ground that is a problem, but also a large number of people arriving and leaving at the same time, the concourse, and of course toilets.

3 hours ago, Bob Taylor is GOD said:

Genuine question, had tickets actually gone on sale for every one of the remaining away games then?

Obviously loads of us have paid for the home ones with our ST, but as the season stopped in early March I would be quite surprised if every away game was on sale at that point.

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Genuine question, had tickets actually gone on sale for every one of the remaining away games then?

Obviously loads of us have paid for the home ones with our ST, but as the season stopped in early March I would be quite surprised if every away game was on sale at that point.

Yes, sorry my mistake. My excuse is - I'm totally pissed off with trying to get refunds on various flights I've booked!

Saw on Twitter that QPR are doing ticket refunds.

That said, it's unclear, it's a bit ambiguous- the statement says "all fans will be entitled to ticket refunds"- I assume it means for existing matchday tickets and b) The remaining pro rata refunded season ticket games but nothing explicit about it in their statement.

Nonetheless, sounds like they're doing the right thing here.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/ticketing-update/

• SC&T Board Members
31 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Saw on Twitter that QPR are doing ticket refunds.

That said, it's unclear, it's a bit ambiguous- the statement says "all fans will be entitled to ticket refunds"- I assume it means for existing matchday tickets and b) The remaining pro rata refunded season ticket games but nothing explicit about it in their statement.

Nonetheless, sounds like they're doing the right thing here.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/ticketing-update/

That's a well worded announcement from QPR. 100% clarity that ST holders WILL be offered a pro rata refund, while at the same time indicating that there will be alternative options made available for those fans who wish to decline the offer.

Hopefully BCFC/BS/AGL will very soon provide the same level of clarity.

2 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

That's a well worded announcement from QPR. 100% clarity that ST holders WILL be offered a pro rata refund, while at the same time indicating that there will be alternative options made available for those fans who wish to decline the offer.

Hopefully BCFC/BS/AGL will very soon provide the same level of clarity.

It's certainly well worded and I'm sure it covers it, but possibly splitting hairs I don't see the terms season ticket or pro rata mentioned- all ticket holders covers it all I guess.

• SC&T Board Members
34 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's certainly well worded and I'm sure it covers it, but possibly splitting hairs I don't see the terms season ticket or pro rata mentioned- all ticket holders covers it all I guess.

It's there in black and white: "pro-rata season ticket refunds will also be made available in due course"

• Admin
16 minutes ago, BCFC_95 said:

All games free for season card holders on Robins TV, happy with that!

Tell that to families with more than one season ticket holder in the household

Like i said before I hate watching City on TV, if I miss a game I miss a game

Though I fully expect us to be offered a pro-rata value on our season tickets next week

• Admin

For examples of what is happening in the EPL

Taken from: https://thefsa.org.uk/news/premier-league-clubs-begin-refund-process-with-one-exception/

Premier League clubs have begun opening up refunds for games cancelled during the pandemic – with Newcastle United the only club to remain silent on the issue.

Over the last month, clubs have started to get in touch with their supporters to offer refunds on single match tickets and partial refunds on season tickets for games that were cancelled or are due to be played behind closed doors.

Below you’ll find a list of what’s happening at each club across the division – it is important to remember, however, the default legal position is that if you’ve paid for a game that won’t admit spectators then you are entitled to a full refund.

Most clubs have begun to offer refunds for matchday tickets and pro-rata refunds to season ticket holders, or have detailed the mechanisms for fans to claim their money back. For example, Burnley and Brighton & Hove Albion hope to have every eligible supporter refunded this month. 

Anger on Tyneside has been growing, however, at Newcastle United’s refusal to say anything about the issue – the club have kept silent on refunds for this season, while continuing to take direct debit payments for next year’s season tickets.

Newcastle United Supporters’ Trust (NUST) have been lobbying for better communication and action from the club, but are growing increasingly frustrated.

NUST board member Thomas Concannon said: “The stance has been to ignore the concerns of fans, some of whom are in a difficult position financially having lost their jobs or income.

“Despite the well publicised takeover, Newcastle United fans do not deserve to be the only set of supporters in the Premier League yet to hear from their club on this matter. Once again, a dereliction of duty to supporters by this current ownership.”

Newcastle United fans are entitled to refunds for upcoming league fixtures to be played behind closed doors, an FA Cup tie at home to Manchester City, and an away trip to Bournemouth.

Thomas said: “We have been more than willing to support the club on this matter to try and find a solution, but this has proven to be a complete waste of time.”

We contacted Newcastle United for comment and they said their plans were to be confirmed.

Most clubs in the division have acted quickly during the pandemic to postpone season ticket renewals and communicate to their supporters about what they can expect in the refunds process. 

Sheffield United are the only other club in the division not to have a live refund process, but they have said they are currently working on refund options for supporters.

Newcastle aren’t the only club to come in for criticism from their own fans, however. West Ham United supporters have been critical of their club’s handling of the refund process, too. 

According to FSA affiliates West Ham United Independent Supporters’ Association (WHUISA), the refund process created by the club is overly-complicated and the group are asking West Ham fans for feedback.

“We are unhappy with the convoluted nature of this refund process and will be contacting the club to make our views known,” say WHUISA. 

“We understand the club is emailing season ticket holders with a phone number to claim refunds. Supporters should ring the number in the email to request a form to fill in to claim a refund. Once the Club receives the form it will take 30 days to process.”

WHUISA are calling on West Ham to make the application process easier and available online.

If you are having trouble getting information from your club on refunds, or need support, get in touch with us and we’ll see what we can do to help.

Club-by-club: Premier League refunds

Arsenal: Arsenal have contacted season ticket holders with details of refunds for league and cup credits on a per-game basis, depending on seat location. More here.

Aston Villa: Offering refunds or future credit to season ticket holders, with the option of a charitable donation made available instead. Supporters are advised to check their online accounts.

Bournemouth: Season ticket Holders have the option to donate their refund to the Cherries Community Fund, waive their refund, receive a full refund or claim monies owed as a credit against their 2020-21 season ticket. Refunds also available on match-day tickets.

Brighton and Hove Albion: The club have written to supporters about the refunds they can expect and are aiming to refund all season ticket and match ticket holders by the second week of June.

Burnley: Club emailed all season ticket holders at the end of May about the refund process for all cancelled home games. The club is aiming to process all claims by Friday 26th June

Chelsea: Chelsea say they will be contacting all season ticket holders by the end of the week regarding refunds – full refunds, credit options and charitable donations will be made available.

Crystal Palace: Season ticket holders will receive a pro-rata refund for the four home games missed and applications are opening from Monday 8th of June. Away ticket and match ticket holders can already apply for a full refund.

Everton: Everton all also offering refunds for their home games and supporters can use that as credit towards next season’s season ticket. The deadline for renewals was extended to Sunday 28th May and has now passed.

Leicester City: Applications for refunds are now open at the King Power and all current season ticket Holders will retain priority over their seats until further information on the 2020-21 season is announced. 

Liverpool: Season ticket holders will receive a full pro rata refund for all remaining home games, while Members who have purchased tickets on a match-by-match basis will receive a refund for any of the matches that they have purchased tickets for. The club will be contacted those eligible – so supporters are asked to wait for correspondence from Liverpool.

Manchester City: Season ticket holders should receive automatic refunds for the home games they can no longer attend. Likewise, matchday ticket holders will receive an automatic refund to the card they used to pay.

Manchester United: Manchester United say refunds will be offered for behind closed doors games and the season ticket renewal deadline for next year is being postponed, awaiting details of start date for next season. Affected fans should expect contact from the club.

Newcastle United: Currently not issuing refunds of any kind on matchday, away, cup or season tickets. Additionally, payments for next year’s season tickets are still being taken by the club.

Norwich City: Started the rebate process back in early-May offering Canaries fans various options for their refunds. The club have written to all relevant ticket holders who have until Tuesday 30th June to get their applications in. The club are still awaiting news about the 2020-21 season before publishing season ticket details. 

Sheffield United: Currently has no refund process in place. Told the Independent today they are weighing up options regarding refunds, with fans set to be offered either a pro-rata refund on their four remaining home fixtures or the option to use the money against their season ticket cost for the 2020-21 season. Keep an eye on their website for any announcements.

Southampton: Southampton will be announcing their refund process for season ticket holders the week commencing Monday 15th June. All fans who have purchased match day tickets via the club will have their booking refunded directly. Season ticket renewals remain on hold.

Tottenham Hotspur: Pro-rata refunds for all season ticket holders will be provided for the final five home games of the current season. This can be applied as credit towards your seat for the 2020-21 season. The club are also accepting applications from fans who wish to move seats at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

Watford: Watford say they will be getting in touch with all ticket holders about their refund options – if you haven’t heard anything by Monday 8th June you should get in touch with the ticket office.

West Ham United: Hammers fans should expect contact from the club about the refund application process. Any fans who haven’t received correspondence from the club should contact supporter services.

Wolves: Supporters can now get their refund as credit towards their 2020-21 season ticket or can request a full refund for the missed games instead. Season ticket sales for next year remain on hold but currently there are no plans to refund fans for their remaining Europa League fixtures until UEFA has issued a decision about the future of the tournament.  

26 minutes ago, westonred said:

Perfect, happy with with that, get to watch the remainder of the games both home and away. The saving I'm making on actually going to a game more than makes up for it for me. £30 per home game fuel saving for a start

I’m happy with the opportunity to watch the last nine games.

What I wouldn’t expect is a refund on top of that. So, what I anticipate the club doing is contacting STH and asking them if they want to “opt out” of the live tv pass. If they do, they get a refund. To my mind, that refund should be £90 maximum for all adult season tickets to avoid people chasing, say, a £110 refund to then pay the £90 for games. The admin burden on the club would be huge if people did that.

Children season tickets - don’t think refunds there are appropriate in view of the low price already and free shirt 

OAPs - as adults

Think that seems the fairest solution overall.

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’m happy with the opportunity to watch the last nine games.

What I wouldn’t expect is a refund on top of that. So, what I anticipate the club doing is contacting STH and asking them if they want to “opt out” of the live tv pass. If they do, they get a refund. To my mind, that refund should be £90 maximum for all adult season tickets to avoid people chasing, say, a £110 refund to then pay the £90 for games. The admin burden on the club would be huge if people did that.

Children season tickets - don’t think refunds there are appropriate in view of the low price already and free shirt 

OAPs - as adults

Think that seems the fairest solution overall.

Be nice for people who live with other ST holders!

One gets the code the get the stream, the other gets a refund with which to buy the booze! ?

Archived