IGNORED

Refund on ST ?

westonred

• Admin
Just now, S25loyal said:

As it’s obvious they are never going to mention it 

The iFollow news is a blanket statement being issued by all clubs this afternoon and will be seperate to what individual clubs are doing as per refunds

My previous post shows all but one EPL club are now giving pro-rata refunds on season tickets so full expect us to follow suit next week

This statement is completely separate to anything that we are going to do for season ticket holders

The way i see it :

BCTV currently £15 a month 2 months left of season £30 - 

5 home games left £22.00  £110.00 so if the club offered £70 either cash back or off next seasons ST price and the streaming service i think this would be fair

2 minutes ago, westonred said:

The way i see it :

BCTV currently £15 a month 2 months left of season £30 - 

5 home games left £22.00  £110.00 so if the club offered £70 either cash back or off next seasons ST price and the streaming service i think this would be fair

But isn’t BCTV immaterial here? Unless you have a VPN, you can’t get live games in the UK. By definition, season ticket holders will 99% live in the UK, so the live games are a new service, which has been priced at £10 a game.

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

But isn’t BCTV immaterial here? Unless you have a VPN, you can’t get live games in the UK. By definition, season ticket holders will 99% live in the UK, so the live games are a new service, which has been priced at £10 a game.

They are calling it a new streaming platform so they can charge the inflated price..  it will probably be the same platform only switching off foreign viewers only so UK residents can watch 

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Having not used RobinsTV before, is this just a simple app you need to download to your smart telly, or will I need a slightly more modern laptop than the one I bought from Charles Babbage because I wanted to play that Pong game like all the other cool kids?

Its not an app Rob you access through the BCFC website click on Robins TV and click watch Simples

3 minutes ago, westonred said:

They are calling it a new streaming platform so they can charge the inflated price..  it will probably be the same platform only switching off foreign viewers only so UK residents can watch 

The words 'New Streaming Platform' fill me with dread. Anytime City roll out any new technology there are always problems.

More chance of Track and Trace working!

32 minutes ago, phantom said:

Tell that to families with more than one season ticket holder in the household

Like i said before I hate watching City on TV, if I miss a game I miss a game

Though I fully expect us to be offered a pro-rata value on our season tickets next week

I completely get your point. 

But being the only season ticket holder in my household it’s about as much as I could have hoped for, I personally do not want any refund as I’m seeing more football than I probably would have if the season had continued, I wouldn’t have made it to every away game.

Completely understand that different peoples circumstances will mean different views.

• SC&T Board Members
5 minutes ago, phantom said:

It wont be that many though

People in the same household

Those not bothering

Those that don't have access

Just one reason why morally there has to be a refund offer as an alternative.

I take it that as an overseas supporter, I'll still be able to see the matches on my laptop via my Robins TV subscription????  Am I correct?  

Spanish lockdown has been so much more 'policed' than what you appear to have had in the UK, so a little light relief in the way of City games is going to be most welcomed.  Seriously, seeing (via UK telly news) how some in the UK have forgotten about social distancing..........if you had Guardia Civil on their case (as we've had in Spain) the level of p155 taking by many people would have been dealt with in an appropriate manner!!!  Stay safe, all........I'll raise a cerveza or ten for my old man (one of the UK's 40k plus statistics) as soon as the first game starts.

Love you all xx

• SC&T Board Members

Update on what QPR are doing. Very simple and IMHO very fair.

3 options:

1. Waive refund and have the streams for free

2. Have a pro rata refund (4/23rds of the ST cost; they have 4 home games left) as a credit for future purchases

3. Have the same pro rata refund as cash

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/201920-season-ticket-refund-update/

Hopefully City will do no less.

29 minutes ago, BCFC_95 said:

I completely get your point. 

But being the only season ticket holder in my household it’s about as much as I could have hoped for, I personally do not want any refund as I’m seeing more football than I probably would have if the season had continued, I wouldn’t have made it to every away game.

Completely understand that different peoples circumstances will mean different views.

Agree & feel exactly the same way.

I know financially I am down on the deal here but as this is not of the club’s making the opportunity to watch the last 9 games is a fair offer in my case, though I do accept that in a household with 2 or 3 ST holders that won’t be the same.

Also, I do think next season is a completely different matter, having already shelled out over £500, the option to watch those games on a laptop isn’t as good a deal at all and needs greater consideration.

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Agree & feel exactly the same way.

I know financially I am down on the deal here but as this is not of the club’s making the opportunity to watch the last 9 games is a fair offer in my case, though I do accept that in a household with 2 or 3 ST holders that won’t be the same.

Also, I do think next season is a completely different matter, having already shelled out over £500, the option to watch those games on a laptop isn’t as good a deal at all and needs greater consideration.

Maybe the 'twist' is that for home games, you only get a single camera views, based on what stand your season ticket is in!

• SC&T Board Members

FYI, two more Championship clubs offering a refund alternative:

Derby County
Option 1: 17% Pro-rated Refund for 2019/20 Season
Option 2: 20% Discount for 2020/21 Season Ticket Renewal
Option 3: 10% Discount for 2020/21 Season Ticket Renewal Plus Free RamsTV Subscription for Home andAway Behind Closed Doors Matches
Option 4: Vouchers for 4 x 2020/21 Season Home League Match Tickets
Option 5: No refund required, please consider it my contribution to the club

Huddersfield Town
The Club hopes that as many 2019/20 Season Card holders as possible take up the option of the iFollow pass, but the option of a pro-rata refund will also be available

This seems a little unfair of City not to offer options which include a refund - not all will take it but understandably some will.

Let's face it, the quality and standard of the remaining games will unlikely be near what I paid to want to watch during 'normal times' and therefore I personally wouldn't have paid to watch these final games played out on TV to empty grounds with players potentially (and understandably) not giving 100%.

Given how we as customers (not fans as football is a business) don't seem to have been offered refunds for a 'product' we purchased (which is no longer what I paid for), it seems unfair to me.

I wonder how many people won't now buy season tickets for next season because of how this has been handled and therefore the club could lose out far more income than they would by refunding what's left of this season? 

Additionally the club could have won over more fans and put themselves in a better light by offering a refund as an option - which not all would have possibly taken up.

16 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

FYI, two more Championship clubs offering a refund alternative:

Derby County
Option 1: 17% Pro-rated Refund for 2019/20 Season
Option 2: 20% Discount for 2020/21 Season Ticket Renewal
Option 3: 10% Discount for 2020/21 Season Ticket Renewal Plus Free RamsTV Subscription for Home andAway Behind Closed Doors Matches
Option 4: Vouchers for 4 x 2020/21 Season Home League Match Tickets
Option 5: No refund required, please consider it my contribution to the club

Huddersfield Town
The Club hopes that as many 2019/20 Season Card holders as possible take up the option of the iFollow pass, but the option of a pro-rata refund will also be available

Derby seem to be happy to cater for the requirements of all. Fiar play to them!

1 minute ago, xerox6060 said:

I don't particularly want to watch games on my lap top or my phone and I know other members of the family definitely won't, money back and I'll settle for Sky's choices and the highlights please.

there might still be the sky red button option.

Archived