IGNORED

Refund on ST ?

westonred

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

there might still be the sky red button option.

You have to think that Sky are going to want to show as much football as possible. Be amazed if the vast majority of games if not all of them aren’t shown on Sky. 

Don’t wanna watch on my phone. 
Don’t wanna watch on the laptop. 

What quality are these streams in - historically I’m asking about (assumption being the EFL anticipate demand being high and don’t have issues like Prime did with theirs) - as if I HDMI laptop to TV ... it’s annoying and I don’t want shit quality streaming. 

I don’t tend to watch games when there is an online stream anyway because it’s crap. 
I’d rather the option of a refund than have to gamble on an online poor quality stream being available thanks. 

As someone with a ST and for work moved abroad earlier in the season I also have BCTV already.

I don't want an additional pass to BCTV, this could easily be classed as miss selling in my case if BCTV is the only option to replace my ST. 

Once again, City make a statement that leads to more questions than answers - how their comms got so poor I'll never know.

All we can do is wait until next week when they'll slowly start to address them, when hopefully we'll find out about streaming directly to a television, minimum system requirements for those using traditional IT equipment, refunds for those who want/need them, as well as the options for those who have multiple season tickets.

16 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Poor take mate. Its not just 100 pound to a lot of people. I have 3 seasons tickets im in the hole for, im on furlough, wife on maternity. And that's before we get to to next seasons tickets that have already been done at a cost of over a thousand pounds. And for what? 

In these times I couldn't give a shit if the club didn't have 2m to waste on another overpaid young footballer, who will spend that money on a range rover. 

The club should look after the people that year on year look after the club. 

* or on the bench

56 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

This seems a little unfair of City not to offer options which include a refund - not all will take it but understandably some will.

Let's face it, the quality and standard of the remaining games will unlikely be near what I paid to want to watch during 'normal times' and therefore I personally wouldn't have paid to watch these final games played out on TV to empty grounds with players potentially (and understandably) not giving 100%.

Given how we as customers (not fans as football is a business) don't seem to have been offered refunds for a 'product' we purchased (which is no longer what I paid for), it seems unfair to me.

I wonder how many people won't now buy season tickets for next season because of how this has been handled and therefore the club could lose out far more income than they would by refunding what's left of this season? 

Additionally the club could have won over more fans and put themselves in a better light by offering a refund as an option - which not all would have possibly taken up.

It's Bristol City. fans hav enever been cared for like most other clubs. Never have

1 hour ago, xerox6060 said:

I don't particularly want to watch games on my lap top or my phone and I know other members of the family definitely won't, money back and I'll settle for Sky's choices and the highlights please.

Agree with you that would be my choice if available 

• Admin
1 hour ago, 054123 said:

Can I download the app to my tv?

Most TV'S has internet facility now or mirror laptop/ phone to TV 

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Once again, City make a statement that leads to more questions than answers - how their comms got so poor I'll never know.

All we can do is wait until next week when they'll slowly start to address them, when hopefully we'll find out about streaming directly to a television, minimum system requirements for those using traditional IT equipment, refunds for those who want/need them, as well as the options for those who have multiple season tickets.

It WASN'T a statement from City.

All clubs in our league have released the same statement from the EFL / iFollow

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Most TV'S has internet facility now or mirror laptop/ phone to TV 

It WASN'T a statement from City.

All clubs in our league have released the same statement from the EFL / iFollow

Ah, just assumed it was because I read the Derby offering!

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Can you access the internet via your TV?

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/robins-tv/important-information/robins-tv-faqs/

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Best way to watch Robins TV is to have a laptop connected to your TV via HDMI.  If you have older equipment, I guess USB works.  If your TV is 20th Century, then you would have to watch on your PC monitor instead.

Yep, best way....although some pc / laptop screens might be better quality than older ?.  Think Robinstv streams at 720P.

1 hour ago, hertsexile said:

Also   BCTV not happy streaming on an Apple Mac Pro computer ?‍? so could be interesting ? how TV T problem is solved!

You need to use Chrome Browser....safari not internet explorer (Windows) don’t work / are unreliable.

Using my Mac with Chrome I’ve never had a dropout in Canada ???

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, best way....although some pc / laptop screens might be better quality than older ?.  Think Robinstv streams at 720P.

You need to use Chrome Browser....safari not internet explorer (Windows) don’t work / are unreliable.

Sounds like they have a new platform in place....

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Good point about Chrome Dave.  That's what I use.  Did have a few issues with Edge and i.e Explorer.  I do remember BCTV saying a long while back that it was optimised for Chrome.

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Thanks Davefevs I will try that 

9 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Whats the chances of ST holders being able to share their access code's?

It will work the same way as Robins tv does at the moment - you wont be able to access more than a single stream fron a given log-on at any one time.

• SC&T Board Members

And another club. In addition to QPR, Derby and Huddersfield, now Sheffield Wednesday:

"Sheffield Wednesday can inform supporters that we are finalising details on a number of pro rata rebate options for fixtures missed in the 2019/20 season due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

"The EFL have this afternoon confirmed the ability for Season Ticket holders to potentially access remaining home and away games via the iFollow streaming service, which we can now incorporate as a further rebate option.

"Additional details related to live streaming access will be issued to clubs next week, after which we will be in a position to communicate the full range of alternatives for supporters.

"Other options will include a pro rata refund, equivalent value in ticket credit, merchandise points or donation opportunities.

19 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Typical City drag your feet, the longer this goes on people will just vote with their feet and demand a refund let alone payout for next seasons season card. @JerrySLO

That's a major point.  This year, we have lost just 5 games, which hopefully we will be able to watch on RobinsTV along with the away games and playoffs.  We stand to lose out a lot more next season, our first season in the Premier League. Our 3 SC's for next year cost us about £1,350.  That's a lot of cash to lose in the current economic environment. We are going to have to socially distance for the open bus tour in August as well.

Archived