IGNORED

Refund on ST ?

westonred

1 supporter - 5 games left worth say, 125 quid - are offered 9 televised games valued at 10 quid each to watch on RobinsTV = 90 quid. Shop token provided for the difference so 35 quid. OK, perhaps. That'll get most off a new Hummel Team Shirt.

1 family - 5 games left worth 500 quid - offered 9 televised games valued at 10 quid each to watch on RobinsTV = 90 quid. You'd better be giving them a hefty shop token back of 400 quid minimum!

But seriously, just refund them or take it off next season's ticket! They are your customers. You need them back. Don't antagonise them.

Refunds have to be an option!

15 minutes ago, LocoPal said:

1 supporter - 5 games left worth say, 125 quid - are offered 9 televised games valued at 10 quid each to watch on RobinsTV = 90 quid. Shop token provided for the difference so 35 quid. OK, perhaps. That'll get most off a new Hummel Team Shirt.

1 family - 5 games left worth 500 quid - offered 9 televised games valued at 10 quid each to watch on RobinsTV = 90 quid. You'd better be giving them a hefty shop token back of 400 quid minimum!

But seriously, just refund them or take it off next season's ticket! They are your customers. You need them back. Don't antagonise them.

Refunds have to be an option!

.. and just to reply to myself here, but 10 quid to see a match played behind closed doors on Robins TV should never be considered of similar value to a real match enjoyed from your own seat at Ashton Gate or elsewhere at an away ground! TV can not even get close!

8 hours ago, GlastonburyRed said:

These pro-rata refunds from other clubs really aren’t surprising, they’re simply adhering to basic contract law. 

Which is why I genuinely believe that the longer Bristol sport ignore the matter, the season will start again and they hope people forget about it. 

Have you noticed the times of the games ?  They are staggered so they all can be televised.

Weekends

• Friday – 6pm and 8pm
  • Saturday – 12.30pm, 3pm and 5.30pm
  • Sunday – 12pm

Midweek

• Tuesday – 5pm, 6pm and 8pm
  • Wednesday – 5pm, 6pm and 8pm

I am furloughed at the moment but hopefully will be back in work when this starts so i would miss the 5pm and 6pm kick offs as i wouldn't be home form work

Full refund for me please

I'm not sure if Bristol City haven't been clear on purpose to gauge people's reactions and see what other club's do but they should just do the right thing and offer a refund.

For me I have a sky sports subscription and I reckon with us in the play-off hunt there will be at least 2 of our games shown if not more. Are they still doing red button? If so I would do that rather than paying the £10 even if it is worse quality.

The longer they wait to provide further clarity the more goodwill they will lose and then if we can attend next season people won't bother and/or buy less merchandise, drink away from the ground etc.

19 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Don’t overly care about this seasons ticket refund, is what it is and have given us a way of watching all remaining games.

I have already purchased a season ticket for next season and would be pretty disappointed if that wasn’t refunded.

Exactly this. 

So have I got this right, I've got a season tkt, which I paid upfront for, each game is £17, now the club want to give me free to view bctv, so what happens to the £17 per game, the club has already stated no refunds, its in the t/c in the tkt, so Lansdown is profiteering £100per fan with a season ticket, am I right, 

• SC&T Board Members

For interest, here's a summary of what 7 other clubs have already said:

QPR
pro-rata season ticket refunds will also be made available in due course

Derby County
Option 1: 17% Pro-rated Refund for 2019/20 Season
Option 2: 20% Discount for 2020/21 Season Ticket Renewal
Option 3: 10% Discount for 2020/21 Season Ticket Renewal Plus Free RamsTV Subscription for Home andAway Behind Closed Doors Matches
Option 4: Vouchers for 4 x 2020/21 Season Home League Match Tickets
Option 5: No refund required, please consider it my contribution to the club

Huddersfield Town
The Club hopes that as many 2019/20 Season Card holders as possible take up the option of the iFollow pass, but the option of a pro-rata refund will also be available

WBA
Full details will be announced across our media platforms on Monday, which will include the opportunity to claim a refund for those season-ticket holders who wish to do so.

Swansea
Please note that this free and exclusive offer is not available to those redeeming their season ticket with a partial refund on their ticket.

Sheffield Wednesday
Other options will include a pro rata refund

Hull City
2 month payment holiday on their annual ST scheme, equivalent to a pro rata refund of the cost of 4 home games

3 hours ago, MarkDavis1986 said:

I'm not sure if Bristol City haven't been clear on purpose to gauge people's reactions and see what other club's do but they should just do the right thing and offer a refund.

For me I have a sky sports subscription and I reckon with us in the play-off hunt there will be at least 2 of our games shown if not more. Are they still doing red button? If so I would do that rather than paying the £10 even if it is worse quality.

The longer they wait to provide further clarity the more goodwill they will lose and then if we can attend next season people won't bother and/or buy less merchandise, drink away from the ground etc.

Nope.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8393549/Championship-clubs-pay-rebate-worth-7million-new-deal-broadcaster.html

3 hours ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Don’t overly care about this seasons ticket refund, is what it is and have given us a way of watching all remaining games.

I have already purchased a season ticket for next season and would be pretty disappointed if that wasn’t refunded.

I agree and with the rumoured £4 million diedhou or interest in him that amount will pay for all season ticket refunds.

13 hours ago, LocoPal said:

.. and just to reply to myself here, but 10 quid to see a match played behind closed doors on Robins TV should never be considered of similar value to a real match enjoyed from your own seat at Ashton Gate or elsewhere at an away ground! TV can not even get close!

You're right.  The really annoying bloke that 'sits' in front of me will want to watch it on his own tv.

It just won't be the same!

I don’t know if I have it right but I believe people who have purchased match tickets or hospitality for the remaining matches have been refunded, so why haven’t ST holders who have made more of a financial commitment at least been offered the same deal?

3 hours ago, Blagdon red said:

For interest, here's a summary of what 7 other clubs have already said:

QPR
pro-rata season ticket refunds will also be made available in due course

Derby County
Option 1: 17% Pro-rated Refund for 2019/20 Season
Option 2: 20% Discount for 2020/21 Season Ticket Renewal
Option 3: 10% Discount for 2020/21 Season Ticket Renewal Plus Free RamsTV Subscription for Home andAway Behind Closed Doors Matches
Option 4: Vouchers for 4 x 2020/21 Season Home League Match Tickets
Option 5: No refund required, please consider it my contribution to the club

Huddersfield Town
The Club hopes that as many 2019/20 Season Card holders as possible take up the option of the iFollow pass, but the option of a pro-rata refund will also be available

WBA
Full details will be announced across our media platforms on Monday, which will include the opportunity to claim a refund for those season-ticket holders who wish to do so.

Swansea
Please note that this free and exclusive offer is not available to those redeeming their season ticket with a partial refund on their ticket.

Sheffield Wednesday
Other options will include a pro rata refund

Hull City
2 month payment holiday on their annual ST scheme, equivalent to a pro rata refund of the cost of 4 home games

Fair play to Derby, who I thought were desperate for the money, for offering a range of options to suit everyone.

18 minutes ago, RedM said:

I don’t know if I have it right but I believe people who have purchased match tickets or hospitality for the remaining matches have been refunded, so why haven’t ST holders who have made more of a financial commitment at least been offered the same deal?

I haven't received a refund for any match tickets I've purchased, both home and away. Been told to wait.

On 04/06/2020 at 20:12, Pieman said:

Incredible the posts from people complaining about being treated like customers rather than fans and then arguing they are due a refund under consumer rights?

Daft comment. To demonstrate any semblance of logic, you'd have to show that there are posts from people complaining about being treated like customers, who have also argued for a refund under customer rights.

Good luck with your research on that one.

Notwithstanding the above.

Yes many people complain about treated like customers rather than fans.

However they are treated like customers.

Therefore perfectly rational and reasonable to react as customers.

The Mail states this morning that the red button will not be available for those games shown on the clubs channels. Also £10 for non season ticket fans.

Anybody who uses Robin's TV know whether you can "cast" it to a smart TV?

I know City do not use the IFollow platform to stream matches but the IFollow statement says

Supporters should note the following:

• Access to the games will be determined by the Club where the supporter holds a Season Ticket
  • Access may be in lieu of a refund or part of a wider package as determined by each individual Club

As we expected it looks like clubs are trying to avoid refunds by offering the streaming lets see what City come up with i think they ought to tell us their intentions

1 minute ago, ITK..... said:

How about everyone just calm down and wait for the club to comment which they will early next week.

Nah.  People have every right to talk about it, particularly on a forum.

If everyone was silent the club wouldn't do anything for us.

• Admin
17 minutes ago, ITK..... said:

How about everyone just calm down and wait for the club to comment which they will early next week.

Exactly this! 

The replies above are nonsensical 

The club hasn't made any decision yet so why are so many being critical of the club?

Its been explained above that only SEVEN teams in our league have announced what they are doing so just chill out everyone and wait for an announcement 

13 minutes ago, lenred said:

Who isn’t being calm? 

You may want to read the last few pages on this thread 

• SC&T Board Members

Nine Championship clubs have now announced their plans. In addition to the 7 above:

Middlesbrough (announced several days ago)
To all our Season Card Holders who have missed out on the final four games of this season, we are offering a pro-rata credit on your ticketing account which can be used against future purchases including Season Cards and match tickets. This process will happen automatically, and confirmation will be sent.

If you do require a refund instead of a credit please contact ticket@mfc.co.uk

Millwall (No refunds)
The club hopes that this compensation package represents a fair and reasonable settlement for all season ticket holders in what is an unprecedented and financially challenging predicament completely outside of its control

18 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

Nine Championship clubs have now announced their plans. In addition to the 7 above:

Middlesbrough (announced several days ago)
To all our Season Card Holders who have missed out on the final four games of this season, we are offering a pro-rata credit on your ticketing account which can be used against future purchases including Season Cards and match tickets. This process will happen automatically, and confirmation will be sent.

If you do require a refund instead of a credit please contact ticket@mfc.co.uk

Millwall (No refunds)
The club hopes that this compensation package represents a fair and reasonable settlement for all season ticket holders in what is an unprecedented and financially challenging predicament completely outside of its control

Millwall that is awful fans should be given the option of a refund 

10 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

Millwall that is awful fans should be given the option of a refund 

I'm sure most Millwall fans understand the situation and the dire financial situation there club will be in because of the covid19 pandemic. 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

You may want to read the last few pages on this thread 

I’ve read people discussing wanting a refund which is perfectly understandable, but haven’t read anything that appears OTT.  Must’ve missed it. 

9 minutes ago, ITK..... said:

I'm sure most Millwall fans understand the situation and the dire financial situation there club will be in because of the covid19 pandemic. 

But what about any fan who is in financial difficulty that's why they should give the option 

1 minute ago, NlGHTMARE said:

We might be giving out a full refund for the remaining game, we might not be giving out a refund, we could be could be giving out a refund, then again we might not be giving out refunds,  we’ve got a number of options, we could take, but really theirs only one realistic option we could take, but we’re still working on what that one option could be, from the number of options we have. But rest assured we’re doing everything we can, and you can now log into your account and claim your refund as of today but we haven’t put a way to get your refund in place as of yet.

Every time our club release a statement, it resembles the above. No matter what the subject it. 

Is your spokesperson Boris Johnson???

Archived