IGNORED

Refund on ST ?

westonred

27 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

Honestly mate it makes your head hurt, trying to decipher the bullshit they’re feeding us. Our clubs run by scum bags who treat their customers as idiots, we’re just a massive inconvenience to them. until it’s time to sell season tickets, then for a month they make their lies very clear and easy to understand, but once they’ve got our wedge it’s back to talking in riddles again for 11 months. 

Run by scum bag's.... seriously. 

Have a word with yourself. 

5 hours ago, RedM said:

Fair play to Derby, who I thought were desperate for the money, for offering a range of options to suit everyone.

Wayne Rooney has agreed to donate the money he would normally spend on prostitute grannies to the club as that particular pleasure has been denied to him due to covid-19 social distancing.  ....the sum involved more than covers the cost of refunding all the fans.

15 hours ago, Blagdon red said:

Nine Championship clubs have now announced their plans. In addition to the 7 above:

Middlesbrough (announced several days ago)
To all our Season Card Holders who have missed out on the final four games of this season, we are offering a pro-rata credit on your ticketing account which can be used against future purchases including Season Cards and match tickets. This process will happen automatically, and confirmation will be sent.

If you do require a refund instead of a credit please contact ticket@mfc.co.uk

Millwall (No refunds)
The club hopes that this compensation package represents a fair and reasonable settlement for all season ticket holders in what is an unprecedented and financially challenging predicament completely outside of its control

The FSA (Football Supporters Association) take on the refund issue:

Our EFL Networks have discussed this issue but it’s a longer process as there are more clubs and less publicly available data, in many cases. The legal position remains that all fans are entitled to season ticket refunds for games which will now take place behind closed doors (or which may never take place). If you are a fan or supporters’ group at any level with concerns about how your club has approached this, then please contact the FSA.

16 hours ago, NlGHTMARE said:

Honestly mate it makes your head hurt, trying to decipher the bullshit they’re feeding us. Our clubs run by scum bags who treat their customers as idiots, we’re just a massive inconvenience to them. until it’s time to sell season tickets, then for a month they make their lies very clear and easy to understand, but once they’ve got our wedge it’s back to talking in riddles again for 11 months. 

That's harsh. I appreciate the club haven't always got it right by some of the fans and communication could have been better at times but this is just wrong. 

If you feel that strongly, why are you still a City fan? I'm not sure if I felt the same way as you I'd even want to be associated with the club.

Edit - whoops, this is awkward- just seen the avatar. Mind, I'd still wonder why you support Barnsley if you feel that way? There's always Leeds and the Sheffield Clubs nearby to support? ?

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

We just need the club to add one line - “we are looking at Refund scenarios where a streaming voucher is not appropriate, we will communicate shortly”.

Wouldn't be that difficult would it!

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

We just need the club to add one line - “we are looking at Refund scenarios where a streaming voucher is not appropriate, we will communicate shortly”.

3 minutes ago, 42nite said:

Wouldn't be that difficult would it!

Not least because they quite obviously are doing so - hence the email lots of us got by mistake a few weeks ago.

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It goes to show how important communication and getting it right is - even if it's just a holding message that acknowledges the point. It can make such a huge difference to peoples views.

13 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

It goes to show how important communication and getting it right is - even if it's just a holding message that acknowledges the point. It can make such a huge difference to peoples views.

Exactly.

I don't think anyone expected (well, some did) a number of different scenarios fully explained before the EFL had released a statement, and we knew if there was any football still to be played, but as you say, a holding statement and/or more info next week type comms would shut down a lot of the noise before people get frustrated and then we all default to customer mode, rather than supporter mode.

26 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Exactly.

I don't think anyone expected (well, some did) a number of different scenarios fully explained before the EFL had released a statement, and we knew if there was any football still to be played, but as you say, a holding statement and/or more info next week type comms would shut down a lot of the noise before people get frustrated and then we all default to customer mode, rather than supporter mode.

If only we had a fans liaison officer?

10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

We do, in Jerry.

But as advertised when he took on the role, the preferred method of contact is Twitter and email.

Can't expect him to he everywhere.

Not knocking him as I understand he's a top chap, but if it's correct that the preferred means of communication for the Bristol City liaison officer is Twitter (which many people including myself do not understand and/or use), over the primary Bristol City fans forum, that would be bizarre.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I know I keep saying it but I honestly don’t think they will, they will just keep ignoring the matter. 

12 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

I’ve supported Barnsley since 1986, had a season ticket since 1996 when I got my first full time job, for the last 12 years I’ve been to every away game too, and didn’t miss many before that, BFC are my club, the clubs been a massive part of my life for 34 years,  these scum bags have been here for two years, lying, talking in riddles, asset stripping, emotionally blackmailing people,  furloughing none playing staff despite having more money than Scrooge McDuck, why should I stop supporting the club I love, because of these pricks, hopefully they’ll get bored of the club and sell it, once they taken as much money as they can, I reckon we need to sell another 8 to 10 million pounds worth of players, then they’ll be actively seeking to sell the club like they did with Nice, hopefully it’s sooner rather than later.  

With all due respect, why dont you post your concerns on the Barnsley forum?

This is a complete joke!

Have contacted customer service at Bristol Sport twice since the lockdown and been fobbed off twice...

Thank you for your email.

We are still waiting on guidance from the club on refunds, we will inform our supporters as soon as possible.

Regards

Bristol Sport

....to be honest, I’m not as much concerned about the balance of this season but I am one of the chumps that has already purchased next years season card so will be damned if I am going to be forced to suffer watching matches through their crummy app.

Having said all that, what makes things worse is that my Mrs also has a season card so what earthly use will we have with two free passes to BCTV....???...we gonna watch matches in separate rooms?!?

• SC&T Board Members

Having already said on Friday that refunds would be available, fellow Championship clubs WBA have now set out a very clear and, IMHO, fair set of options on their webiste: https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2020/june/refund-options-for-season-ticket-holders/

In short, they are:

Option 1: Claim an iFollow Pass and cup ticket. To take up this option you do not need to do anything. You will receive an iFollow code by Friday, June 19. 

Option 2: Leave your money with the club.

Option 3: Receive an e-credit on your account.

Option 4: Receive a refund.

Just now, Blagdon red said:

Having already said on Friday that refunds would be available, fellow Championship clubs WBA have now set out a very clear and, IMHO, fair set of options on their webiste: https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2020/june/refund-options-for-season-ticket-holders/

In short, they are:

Option 1: Claim an iFollow Pass and cup ticket. To take up this option you do not need to do anything. You will receive an iFollow code by Friday, June 19. 

Option 2: Leave your money with the club.

Option 3: Receive an e-credit on your account.

Option 4: Receive a refund.

What is an iFollow pass and cup ticket? Is that for the streaming service?

17 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

What is an iFollow pass and cup ticket? Is that for the streaming service?

Yes the 9 streamed games and then a ticket for their next home domestic cup game (with crowds)

21 hours ago, NickJ said:

Not knocking him as I understand he's a top chap, but if it's correct that the preferred means of communication for the Bristol City liaison officer is Twitter (which many people including myself do not understand and/or use), over the primary Bristol City fans forum, that would be bizarre.

Not really.  Why would the club choose a forum with a thousand or so registered users (if that), of which maybe a couple of hundred or so are active users, as their primary source of information over a medium with which they have 180,000 followers?  Now THAT would be bizarre.

23 hours ago, Loco Rojo said:

That's harsh. I appreciate the club haven't always got it right by some of the fans and communication could have been better at times but this is just wrong. 

If you feel that strongly, why are you still a City fan? I'm not sure if I felt the same way as you I'd even want to be associated with the club.

Edit - whoops, this is awkward- just seen the avatar. Mind, I'd still wonder why you support Barnsley if you feel that way? There's always Leeds and the Sheffield Clubs nearby to support? ?

If you can switch off your emotional attachment to a club and start supporting a rival are you even a fan in the first place?  What a bizarre question to ask him LR.  

46 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Not really.  Why would the club choose a forum with a thousand or so registered users (if that), of which maybe a couple of hundred or so are active users, as their primary source of information over a medium with which they have 180,000 followers?  Now THAT would be bizarre.

Pretty sure there are over 30,000 registered users on the forum, and ~300 online at any moment in time probably translates into an active readership of tens of thousands.  The number of twitter followers is far less likely to be solid.

There really isn't a better place for a fans liaison officer to liaise with fans than otib.

Archived