IGNORED

Refund on ST ?

westonred

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/remaining-201920-league-fixtures-confirmed/

I like how the club 'respectfully 'asks us not to contact supporter services yet doesn't treat us with any respect by giving us an update on what is happening (or a timescale e.g. by the end of the week ) for when they will announce a refund policy 

16 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Pretty sure there are over 30,000 registered users on the forum, and ~300 online at any moment in time probably translates into an active readership of tens of thousands.  The number of twitter followers is far less likely to be solid.

There really isn't a better place for a fans liaison officer to liaise with fans than otib.

Would be interesting to see the stats... @TomF....?

There will be a lot of inactive accounts, but either way you look at it, the reach on Twitter is far greater than the reach on here.  I love this place and have been a member for over 20 years, but this isn't the best place to reach people.  

Notwithstanding this....we do have the liaison Q&A section, and for those who aren't on Twitter, this is monitored and stuff on Twitter gets reported back here in any case.

Twitter really does seem to be the better place to me.

13 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

There will be a lot of inactive accounts, but either way you look at it, the reach on Twitter is far greater than the reach on here.  I love this place and have been a member for over 20 years, but this isn't the best place to reach people.  

Notwithstanding this....we do have the liaison Q&A section, and for those who aren't on Twitter, this is monitored and stuff on Twitter gets reported back here in any case.

Twitter might reach further but the "signal to noise" ratio will be much lower, most of the people you reach won't be actual fans or ST holders. 

The medium is also unhelpful for all but the simplest messages e.g. "CHINA" because it's limited length and time limited, it flows out of view quickly.

Honestly twitter isn't really good for much meaningful communication.

On here you'd have a much higher success rate and be able to explain things more fully.

6 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

17k worth of users as we have to cull old ones (GDPR)  - We still weigh in with around 10k unique visitors a day. 

37 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Apologies for this but I don't want to trawl through 9 pages of this thread. Does anyone know if anything has been announced regarding those fans who bought tickets for upcoming matches (i.e. not season tickets)?

I'd give the club a ring personally.  Always been good over the phone  in the past.

44 minutes ago, TomF said:

17k worth of users as we have to cull old ones (GDPR)  - We still weigh in with around 10k unique visitors a day. 

That’s seriously impressive. Didn’t realise it was anywhere near that amount. Testament to your good work. 

1 hour ago, Steve Watts said:

If you can switch off your emotional attachment to a club and start supporting a rival are you even a fan in the first place?  What a bizarre question to ask him LR.  

The suggestion of supporting one of their rivals was said tongue in cheek. But I dont think it was bizzare to question if it is the right club for him when you consider the tone of the words/statements he uses.  If the current owners are there for long run and that's how he feels, it might be time to move on and have the love of the memories of better times. Fair enough, now I know the context of the owners situation and what they are doing to the club but if I felt like him about City if the same was happening I think I'd pack it in.

2 hours ago, nebristolred said:

Apologies for this but I don't want to trawl through 9 pages of this thread. Does anyone know if anything has been announced regarding those fans who bought tickets for upcoming matches (i.e. not season tickets)?

Nothing as of yet but I'd imagine they will have to offer a FULL refund. Season ticket holders get to watch all 9 games streamed where the rest of us have to pay £10 if we wish to watch the NON TV ONE'S. If they don't then they are keeping your money then charging you again.

24 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Nothing as of yet but I'd imagine they will have to offer a FULL refund. Season ticket holders get to watch all 9 games streamed where the rest of us have to pay £10 if we wish to watch the NON TV ONE'S. If they don't then they are keeping your money then charging you again.

And if season ticket holders don't get any form refund then the majority will be paying way in excess of that figure per game!

1 hour ago, Laner said:

And if season ticket holders don't get any form refund then the majority will be paying way in excess of that figure per game!

Let's hope you get the option of a refund as well as 5 home games as you say it a lot more than £50.

9 hours ago, S25loyal said:

Another day and no doubt another day of silence in the world of Bristol sport

S25 loyal.....only in name. Not so loyal when club could do with his money which he's already paid for this season to bridge the £2 million plus gap in losses. 

So loyal he keeps moaning every day. 

1 hour ago, ITK..... said:

S25 loyal.....only in name. Not so loyal when club could do with his money which he's already paid for this season to bridge the £2 million plus gap in losses. 

i think he must be my wife she moans everyday.

• SC&T Board Members

Fulham now the latest Championship club to declare their hand on refunds. I make it ten so far, as follows:

1. QPR
pro-rata season ticket refunds will also be made available in due course

2. Derby County
Option 1: 17% Pro-rated Refund for 2019/20 Season
Option 2: 20% Discount for 2020/21 Season Ticket Renewal
Option 3: 10% Discount for 2020/21 Season Ticket Renewal Plus Free RamsTV Subscription for Home andAway Behind Closed Doors Matches
Option 4: Vouchers for 4 x 2020/21 Season Home League Match Tickets
Option 5: No refund required, please consider it my contribution to the club

3. Huddersfield Town
The Club hopes that as many 2019/20 Season Card holders as possible take up the option of the iFollow pass, but the option of a pro-rata refund will also be available

4. WBA
Full details will be announced across our media platforms on Monday, which will include the opportunity to claim a refund for those season-ticket holders who wish to do so.

5. Swansea
Please note that this free and exclusive offer is not available to those redeeming their season ticket with a partial refund on their ticket.

6. Sheffield Wednesday
Other options will include a pro rata refund

7. Hull City
2 month payment holiday on their annual ST scheme, equivalent to a pro rata refund of the cost of 4 home games

8. Middlesbrough
To all our Season Card Holders who have missed out on the final four games of this season, we are offering a pro-rata credit on your ticketing account which can be used against future purchases including Season Cards and match tickets. This process will happen automatically, and confirmation will be sent.

If you do require a refund instead of a credit please contact ticket@mfc.co.uk

9. Fulham
From today, Season Ticket Holders will be able to choose one of four options:

• Access to watch all nine (9) remaining league matches – home and away – live on FFCtv; or 

• A pro-rata credit towards a 2020/21 Season Ticket; or  

• A pro-rata refund for Fulham’s remaining home league games; or

• A donation to Fulham FC Foundation

10. Millwall (No refunds)
The club hopes that this compensation package represents a fair and reasonable settlement for all season ticket holders in what is an unprecedented and financially challenging predicament completely outside of its control (though The Athletic reports that they are now backtracking on their 'no refunds' stance).

9 hours ago, ITK..... said:

I’ll make sure you get a medal for being a super fan 

• Admin
4 hours ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Do anyone know if you can get the app on Firestick?

Or do me and my wife have to gather round my iPad to watch?

No, but you can access the website via the internet and watch that way

On 08/06/2020 at 12:13, Nibor said:

Pretty sure there are over 30,000 registered users on the forum, and ~300 online at any moment in time probably translates into an active readership of tens of thousands.  The number of twitter followers is far less likely to be solid.

There really isn't a better place for a fans liaison officer to liaise with fans than otib.

23 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

This place is better for gauging fan views in my opinion. Twitter's character limit means that debate becomes clipped and things can only be discussed in summary. The club are wary of this place (imo) because they've been held to account many many times. Often in intelligent ways that they cannot/don't want to respond to. It's an incredibly busy forum, at a guess maybe only WACCOE and possibly OwlsTalk are busier for championship clubs. 

My situation is i paid £110.00 for the Live Video annual pass for this current season which should expire 26th July 2020 so i should be covered for the match streaming

I also purchased a season ticket for the games i can get too and as i already have paid for the streaming costs i should surely be entitled to a refund on the season ticket

There's an EFL update on the OS, mainly concerning L1 and L2 butwhich goes on yet again state that BCFC are going to stream all the games on BCTV.

The sheer cheek of this paragraph in City's statement 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/efl-update-outcome-of-extraordinary-general-meeting/

With the 2019/20 Championship season returning behind closed doors, Season Card Holders are reminded that they will be able to watch all nine of City’s remaining fixtures for free, including any which are  selected for broadcast by Sky Sports, on Robins TV. 

For Free !! So that would be games we've already paid for ,to watch the  stream sold previously by the club for £14.99 per monthly *pass and now being offered (imposed) in lieu of something fans have already paid for (£88) in my case.   They owe me 88 quid and are offering something that was £14.99 (for free!)  - the £14.99 pass has now been conveniently repriced at £10 per game.

* In the FAQ's on BCTV there's a question What if there is no game scheduled during a particular month. Answer : Basically tough...no refund because if there are more games due to re schedules etc we don't charge any more.        Except they do don't they? The rules have been torn up and the £14.99 to watch every game in a month is now £90.

33 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

There's an EFL update on the OS, mainly concerning L1 and L2 butwhich goes on yet again state that BCFC are going to stream all the games on BCTV.

The sheer cheek of this paragraph in City's statement 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/efl-update-outcome-of-extraordinary-general-meeting/

With the 2019/20 Championship season returning behind closed doors, Season Card Holders are reminded that they will be able to watch all nine of City’s remaining fixtures for free, including any which are  selected for broadcast by Sky Sports, on Robins TV. 

For Free !! So that would be games we've already paid for ,to watch the  stream sold previously by the club for £14.99 per monthly *pass and now being offered (imposed) in lieu of something fans have already paid for (£88) in my case.   They owe me 88 quid and are offering something that was £14.99 (for free!)  - the £14.99 pass has now been conveniently repriced at £10 per game.

* In the FAQ's on BCTV there's a question What if there is no game scheduled during a particular month. Answer : Basically tough...no refund because if there are more games due to re schedules etc we don't charge any more.        Except they do don't they? The rules have been torn up and the £14.99 to watch every game in a month is now £90.

Well, it is free isn't it. They are not charging season ticket holders to watch the games, so therefore it's free. 

You seem to be working on the assumption that the club will not be refunding season ticket holders for the remaining games. I think it might be worth waiting until the club actually confirm this before getting so angry :blink:

And as for the price, games have always been £10 per game for viewers in the UK. The only monthly option was for those living overseas. So, it hasn't been increased at all. 

I just don't understand why people are getting so angry about a lack of refunds when the club haven't said anything of the sort. If you want to get angry about the lack of communication, that's entirely understandable, but no point kicking off about something that's not been confirmed.

1 hour ago, westonred said:

My situation is i paid £110.00 for the Live Video annual pass for this current season which should expire 26th July 2020 so i should be covered for the match streaming

I also purchased a season ticket for the games i can get too and as i already have paid for the streaming costs i should surely be entitled to a refund on the season ticket

Good luck explaining that one...  "I should get my season ticket refunded because I already use a VPN to get around UK restrictions on matches being shown at 3pm on a Saturday and so I've already paid for something I shouldn't have!"

Let us know how that goes! ?

I could be abroad and not able to get to BS3

3 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Good luck explaining that one...  "I should get my season ticket refunded because I already use a VPN to get around UK restrictions on matches being shown at 3pm on a Saturday and so I've already paid for something I shouldn't have!"

Let us know how that goes! ?

59 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Well, it is free isn't it. They are not charging season ticket holders to watch the games, so therefore it's free. 

It's not free at all.  The season ticket holders have already paid approx £80 - £100 for this part of the season.      So it's not free.

The only way it's free is if they refund everybody and still offer them a free stream.....which they are not doing. EFL clubs who have offered refunds state it's one of the option available - you can't have both.      So it's not free.

There's no scenario where anybody is getting anything for free.

Archived