IGNORED

Refund on ST ?

westonred

1 hour ago, westonred said:

No as a STH it will be offered free (probably instead of a refund) but as i had a ST for the games i could get to and an Annual TV package so they Emailed me as Robins TV Subscriber not a STH  

Do you fly VPN Airways on match days from WSM International Airport?

1 minute ago, Snufflelufagus said:

You could well be but with your name westonred and also the location in your bio says Weston then that doesn't quite add up?

I could work abroad  because i live in WSM doesn't mean i don't go away

• Admin
On 09/06/2020 at 17:40, London expats said:

What are they waiting for, Don’t forget it is unlikely crowds will be back before next season starts as well.

"Unlikely?" So you are saying not definitely? 

Perhaps..........

15 hours ago, The Major said:

I've e mailed the club 3 times now requesting an update, even if its only a holding statement. 

13 hours ago, Redandproud said:

I done exactly the same, 4emails with no response, totally fxxking ignorance by the club, come on  Lansdown, you've had my money in advance, now refund it, 

Now why didn't we all think of emailing the club?

Did you honestly expect someone to reply with information that they haven't released? 

Then people complain about the club taking ages to respond to other queries. Well its no wonder if they are inundated with pointless emails. 

Lets save our anger etc until we know what is happening. 

Let's be honest though, on here we could be given next season free, a new car of your choice and a free holiday and people will still complain 

I'm as intrigued as the next person but let's just wait and see 

7 hours ago, phantom said:

Let's be honest though, on here we could be given next season free, a new car of your choice and a free holiday and people will still complain 

Whilst people love a bloody good moan on here, I actually think this is the rare occasion where people have a right to complain. 

Crowds aren't going to be in stadiums anytime soon, people are struggling financially, lost jobs, lost loved ones etc. The club should really be giving the option to those who bought next season ST's a refund, due to the current climate that people find themselves. In the grand scheme of things, a few 100k or even a few mill to a club our size isn't a huge sum of money. I've found the clubs relationship with the fans over the last few years to be piss poor. The social media interaction, SLO etc have been woeful. And yet, when the fans REALLY need their club, the club have taken their money and not giving any communication or information about how or if they can get their money back. 

I can't afford to pay for the ST in one lump sum sadly, but if I did, at the time I bought it compared to now, its possible my work/life circumstances have changed. I should be given the option to have the refund now, not wait until next season to see if crowds will be back. I can't even hug my nan, so there's no chance of 22k people being packed into the gate anytime soon. 

Club communication with the fans, in my view, is one of the easiest things to get right. Treat the fans well, and they'll reward you back. Yet we seem to fall short every time when it matters most. 

Very disappointing, and not something easily forgotten. 

13 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Do you fly VPN Airways on match days from WSM International Airport?

I have been abroad for certain matches - have now canxd my RobinsTV subscription as I will not be abroad until next season. 

@exAtyeoMax - you've been contacted as a subscriber not an ST Holder. Canx your subscription and await your free ST Holder details. Not long to go now! Hope you're well x 

8 hours ago, phantom said:

Perhaps..........

Did you honestly expect someone to reply with information that they haven't released? 

Then people complain about the club taking ages to respond to other queries. Well its no wonder if they are inundated with pointless emails. 

If only we had someone who could Work out how many ST holders there are , work out how much a refund  would be , do the maths on back of fag packet and  Let us all know. Prob a 10 min phone call with SL would work. Needs an accountant or the like.

other clubs have done it, piss poor in my opinion.

1 hour ago, London expats said:

If only we had someone who could Work out how many ST holders there are , work out how much a refund  would be , do the maths on back of fag packet and  Let us all know. Prob a 10 min phone call with SL would work. Needs an accountant or the like.

It was done earlier in the thread (Davefevs I think) Total cost of refunds is about £750,000.....or 2hrs wages per player per refund.

9 hours ago, phantom said:

Perhaps..........

It's more to make a point i would say.

You'd hope the club would think "we are getting loads of questions about xyz", "maybe our communication could be improved", and that they learn from it.

All it needs is a one line statement saying they are looking into it and will confirm by a certain date.

2 hours ago, London expats said:

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

It was done earlier in the thread (Davefevs I think) Total cost of refunds is about £750,000.....or 2hrs wages per player per refund.

About 14k SC holders, season ticket sales just over £3.5m.....times by 5, divide by 23....about £750k.

Lets just say for sake of argument 4K are free child or £50 child SCs, then each remaining SC holder is due about £75 back.  For a family of 3 or 4 paying full whack, that’s £225-300 due.....and you only need one Robinstv pass.

Joe’s ticket is £150 (I get in for free) so I’m due £32.60.  I’m not overly fussed, although I could be tempted by a club shop “credit” - that way money stays in club.  I would accept just the 9 pass though, and feel compensated

I also paid £180 for a parking season ticket in Wickes, so due £39.13 back.  I do want this refunded.  I begrudge paying it as I think they should offer blue badge parking, but that’s another debate.  Again, happy to receive a club shop “credit”.

They need to announce their policy quickly, they will undo goodwill....at least put a holding position out there.

• Admin
7 hours ago, London expats said:

Does it really come down to Steve L to decide?

Did we really need to be the first club to announce our decision?

Surely it is only important that the club get the right outcome

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Do we really need to be the first club to announce our decision?

Why is it taking so long for them to announce it though. There is only the set of options which most other clubs have already come out and said. 

They are ignoring the fact hoping it will go away. 

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

Give everyone who has renewed for next season a free shirt. I'd be happy with that. 

Mmmm, think that will depend very much on how next season pans out.

If it's all behind closed doors, and no free passes to Robins TV, then I won't consider a shirt that I'll probably never wear to be either free, or very good recompense for my £500

4 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Mmmm, think that will depend very much on how next season pans out.

If it's all behind closed doors, and no free passes to Robins TV, then I won't consider a shirt that I'll probably never wear to be either free, or very good recompense for my £500

I meant in lieu of a refund for the games we're missing out on THIS season. Next season not on the radar yet! 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Do we really need to be the first club to announce our decision?

We're going to be the last club to announce at this rate, never mind the first!

I'm eager to know the minimum system requirements for this new platform they have been talking about.

Can't be watching the last 9 games on a mobile phone, so if I do need to upgrade, I would rather know sooner than later so I can get myself either a new laptop or tablet.

Just now, CyderInACan said:

I meant in lieu of a refund for the games we're missing out on THIS season. Next season not on the radar yet! 

Ah, ok, when you said everyone who has renewed I thought you were talking about next season games! This seems a little more generous!

Personally, I've written off this season ticket in my mind already, although Like @Davefevs will expect the car parking to be refunded, if only because I expect City haven't had to pay Ashton School. 

8 minutes ago, italian dave said:

We're going to be the last club to announce at this rate, never mind the first!

They are still focused on how to annoy everyone with a 3 week tease leading up to the big reveal of an underwhelming shirt.

After the comic-sans training top disaster of a few seasons back, my money in on Times New Roman and Wingdings for next season.

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

Give everyone who has renewed for next season a free shirt. I'd be happy with that. 

Screw that

I'm a middle aged man, why the hell would I wear a polyester shirt with a nine month shelf life?

The mind boggles. 

I want my ******* money back from the business. Piss poor customer service

33 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I'm eager to know the minimum system requirements for this new platform they have been talking about.

Can't be watching the last 9 games on a mobile phone, so if I do need to upgrade, I would rather know sooner than later so I can get myself either a new laptop or tablet.

I usually stream it from the laptop to the tellybox using an HDMI cable. If you watch on the app you haven't been able to cast it or anything like that, whether that might change though, who knows. If you only have the option of watching on a phone it'll be a pretty poor experience! 

Archived