IGNORED

Refund on ST ?

westonred

• Admin

To put this in a bit of context GWR advised me that they would pay me back the outstanding value of my annual rail ticket back in March

I only got notified this week that it is being processed.£720.10 to come back minus a TEN POUND handling fee !!!

Almost three months to the day

I'm a long way from getting worried about my refund from City that for my seat equates to (5 x £19) £95 Less a handling charge that they are bound to add on

55 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Ah, ok, when you said everyone who has renewed I thought you were talking about next season games! This seems a little more generous!

Personally, I've written off this season ticket in my mind already, although Like @Davefevs will expect the car parking to be refunded, if only because I expect City haven't had to pay Ashton School

The school should live stream images of the car park and then charge City the same money... same as what we're getting (until we hear otherwise).

I've just had an email from Supporter Services stating...

"Thank you for your email.  I’m told something official should be released tomorrow through our official media channels.

Thank you for your patience

Kind regards

Supporter Services"

2 hours ago, phantom said:

To put this in a bit of context GWR advised me that they would pay me back the outstanding value of my annual rail ticket back in March

I only got notified this week that it is being processed.£720.10 to come back minus a TEN POUND handling fee !!!

Almost three months to the day

I'm a long way from getting worried about my refund from City that for my seat equates to (5 x £19) £95 Less a handling charge that they are bound to add on

I actually don't care about the refund I'm happy to take the TV option.  However if City charge a handling fee to give someone they're own money back I'd be frothing...?

44 minutes ago, Bob Turnip said:

"Thank you for your email.  I’m told something official should be released tomorrow through our official media channels.

Kind regards

Supporter Services"

Only taken them a week to collate all the queries and get the promised FAQ together then. 

What happens if/when the club do nothing about offering refunds and the games commence? 

Presumably the link will arrive for Blackburn game with accompanying t&cs saying if you then use the link for the Blackburn game they’ll claim you’ve accepted the streaming no refunds thank you very much. 

Or would the clubs technical breach of contract only kick in when we can’t attend v Wednesday on the 28th?

32 minutes ago, Bob Turnip said:

Kind regards

Supporter Services"

This is correct,  someone connected to  BS has sent me an advanced copy of the refund process.

Season 2019/20 Season Ticket Refund Process

·       Bristol Sport urges all Season Card to use the BCTV vouchers and support the team in their home. Please do not claim a cash refund unless necessary

·       If you require a refund please call our dedicated refund line which will be staffed between 9.00am and 10.00 am on Monday and Tuesday only due to staff and COVIV-19 issues

·       A paper refund application form will be posted second class within 6 weeks of your telephone application date

·       The application form will need your Season Card number, Name, Address, DOB, Mother’s maiden name and the name of your first pet, A copy of your passport or other photo ID and be witnessed by an MP, Your GP, or a senior member of the Judiciary. We understand this may be slightly inconvenient, but we take the protection of you data very seriously.

·       Upon receipt of the application forms will be scrutinised, subjected to an audit process, and processed with 8 weeks.

·       For Data Protection and security reasons we are regretfully not able to credit your bank account, credit card, or issue cheques. Crossed Postal Orders, valid for 7 days only, will be mailed and may be encashed at a Crown Post Office upon production of photo ID and a letter of authority signed by a BCFC official. There will be a separate process required to obtain these letters which will be issued in due course.

·       This simple process will be in force for 2019/20 refunds only. A more rigorous process will be issued for 2020/21 after guidance from the EFL.

49 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

This is correct,  someone connected to  BS has sent me an advanced copy of the refund process.

Season 2019/20 Season Ticket Refund Process

·       Bristol Sport urges all Season Card to use the BCTV vouchers and support the team in their home. Please do not claim a cash refund unless necessary

·       If you require a refund please call our dedicated refund line which will be staffed between 9.00am and 10.00 am on Monday and Tuesday only due to staff and COVIV-19 issues

·       A paper refund application form will be posted second class within 6 weeks of your telephone application date

·       The application form will need your Season Card number, Name, Address, DOB, Mother’s maiden name and the name of your first pet, A copy of your passport or other photo ID and be witnessed by an MP, Your GP, or a senior member of the Judiciary. We understand this may be slightly inconvenient, but we take the protection of you data very seriously.

·       Upon receipt of the application forms will be scrutinised, subjected to an audit process, and processed with 8 weeks.

·       For Data Protection and security reasons we are regretfully not able to credit your bank account, credit card, or issue cheques. Crossed Postal Orders, valid for 7 days only, will be mailed and may be encashed at a Crown Post Office upon production of photo ID and a letter of authority signed by a BCFC official. There will be a separate process required to obtain these letters which will be issued in due course.

·       This simple process will be in force for 2019/20 refunds only. A more rigorous process will be issued for 2020/21 after guidance from the EFL.

Am I to understand that the option of a Woolworths or Rumbelows voucher has been recinded then?

• SC&T Board Members

18 out of 24 now.

Cardiff City:

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/update-season-ticket-holders-match-ticket-purchasers

While their refund is a pro rata ticket office credit, not cash, I guess most fans spend the equivalent pro rata amount on tickets during a season, so it is as good as.

It also includes the streamed matches.

With so many other clubs having told supporters how to claim refunds etc, in a timely way, even going as far as to give people a range of option to pick from, all City have managed on to mention streaming via a new platform.

City and new technologies have never sat well together, and the wall of silence just encourages more people to opt for a refund, especially if they are owed more as a refund than the tenner a game cost of streaming is going to be.

Once again, City seem determined to frustrate fans that they will take the best option for them and not the club.

It baffles me how this club (or business) can get it so wrong. We're not talking about a complex message that needs to be constructed, reviewed by 30 stakeholders, re-written, run past legal 10 times, re-written then given to Patrick Bateman to choose the card quality its printed on. 

This business has departments and hundreds of staff for this kind of thing and yet the communication for so long has been poor. Yes, some staff may be furloughed but not all are.

Like others have said, the fact that they have come out to mention the streaming option clearly shows they are considering at least one option and so staff are clearly actively working to look at this but to not; a) give out a holding message, or b) not release a number of options as other clubs have done yet is just bizzare.

I'm not going to wholly slate the club as these are unusual times which are outside of their control BUT communication to at least acknowledge your customers is basic stuff and can make such a difference - especially when this club and its fans need to come together and feel like one right now.

I genuinely struggle to understand or can find a justifiable reason why City consistently get timing of communication so wrong. It really isn't difficult.

One person could write a holding message to get something out in 30 minutes and that could have been done weeks ago.

All this does is damage the image of the club to us customers and like I've said, could actually make some decide not to renew for next season therefore financially impacting the business more.  After all, if businesses take the piss out of their customers, how do they expect their customers to react?

1 minute ago, CyderInACan said:

They’ve been ripping the piss out of us for years!

I know some have experienced poor service from the club but lots have equally received great service in the past so I'm trying not to be overly harsh but in this instance it just disappoints me how they could get the handling of this, so far, so wrong. 

I do recognise that tomorrow they could communicate all the options which please everyone, but this doesn't excuse why it's taken so long to hear very little.

I appreciate I am in the minority here but I really don't get the issue. Less than three weeks ago we didn't even know if the season would re start or end? 

Now there is an otib meltdown about refunds. Everybody calm down seriously. The money coming back to the people who choose to take it isn't exactly life changing!! 

Next season's ticket I've paid out for already I would expect an announcement of options but this season I like many will write it off, except online viewing and watch us sneak into the playoffs ??

10 minutes ago, Spoons said:

I appreciate I am in the minority here but I really don't get the issue. Less than three weeks ago we didn't even know if the season would re start or end? 

Now there is an otib meltdown about refunds. Everybody calm down seriously. The money coming back to the people who choose to take it isn't exactly life changing!! 

Next season's ticket I've paid out for already I would expect an announcement of options but this season I like many will write it off, except online viewing and watch us sneak into the playoffs ??

I think the lack of communication grates even more than this tbh- 16- or is it 18- clubs at this level have announced pro-rata refunds or a range of options that will be including these.

Some will be in a position where they have lost jobs or even were close to the mark income wise before but furloughed- that money will come in very, very handy in such cases. Maybe even invaluable.

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think the lack of communication grates even more than this tbh- 16- or is it 18- clubs at this level have announced pro-rata refunds or a range of options that will be including these.

Some will be in a position where they have lost jobs or even were close to the mark income wise before but furloughed- that money will come in very, very handy in such cases. Maybe even invaluable.

Not so sure. I see Bristol had the lowest amount of worker's furloughed compared to the rest of the local regions. 52,000 compared to Gloucester at 125,000. 

Agreed people will lose jobs and suffer financially but there are many people like myself who haven't been effected and have come out of it with savings as not been able to spend. I suspect a high majority of the 14,000 season ticket holders won't be in a financial rush to receive a refund. 

Regarding communication it's still early and as long as what comes out is fair that's got to be more important. 

6 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

@Henry

Absolutely correct. No brainer.

Getting the refund first seems to be the hardest part.

Are you in desperate need for approx £95? 

Don't you think access to watch last 9 games is reason not to need a refund? 

Archived