IGNORED

Refund on ST ?

westonred

24 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Are you in desperate need for approx £95? 

Don't you think access to watch last 9 games is reason not to need a refund? 

No, it is not a reason at all in any way, shape or form.

I'll try again because it seems to be a little difficult for some to understand.

I paid a business for something that they are not going to deliver therefore I want my money back that i am owed.

44 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Are you in desperate need for approx £95? 

Don't you think access to watch last 9 games is reason not to need a refund? 

No because it's cheaper to take the refund and buy each game individually for the majority.

Maths not your strong point?

Unless you're not an adult - which explains a lot.

1 minute ago, kevinmabbuttshair said:

No, it is not a reason at all in any way, shape or form.

I'll try again because it seems to be a little difficult for some to understand.

I paid a business for something that they are not going to deliver therefore I want my money back that i am owed.

So are you a fan or a customer....I'm confused. 

It's only been 3 weeks. Months to get holiday money back, months to get train money back etc. 

Calm down.

10 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

No because it's cheaper to take the refund and buy each game individually for the majority.

Maths not your strong point?

Unless you're not an adult - which explains a lot.

9 games = £90. Saving of £5 seriously. I'm sure the club could do with that £5!?

The offer to ST holders of free streaming has been offered with no caveats though. They can’t turn around and say that if you take the streaming you lose the option of a refund. 

At the very least they should be tempting people with credit to your account to keep the real cost down.  Or free Killers tickets ?

i’m not desperate for the money but i want a refund. fed up of the clubs antics towards its supporters/customers, along with the current radio silence.

an owner living in tax exile, using government money to furlough staff while players are still creaming it in.

7 minutes ago, Spoons said:

So are you a fan or a customer....I'm confused. 

It's only been 3 weeks. Months to get holiday money back, months to get train money back etc. 

Calm down.

No, I won't calm down. I am a customer the business that is Bristol sport decided that sometime ago. I shall treat this business the same as any other despite what some sanctimonious people may say

4 minutes ago, kevinmabbuttshair said:

No, I won't calm down. I am a customer the business that is Bristol sport decided that sometime ago. I shall treat this business the same as any other despite what some sanctimonious people may say

I think this is spot on. It’s purely business for them, so maybe it should be reciprocated for once. 

City need to start looking after the the people who keep the club going us supporters.piss people off and they will stop going.times are hard for some supporters at the moment with what's going on in this world.so come on mr lansdown look after the people who really care about this club.

3 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I think this is spot on. It’s purely business for them, so maybe it should be reciprocated for once. 

We are supporters when they selling something and customers the rest of the time.

They can't be at all surprised if some people now expect a reasonable level of customer service.

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

We are supporters when they selling something and customers the rest of the time.

They can't be at all surprised if some people now expect a reasonable level of customer service.

True dat. I wonder how long refunds will take to process

20 minutes ago, frenchred said:

i’m not desperate for the money but i want a refund. fed up of the clubs antics towards its supporters/customers, along with the current radio silence.

an owner living in tax exile, using government money to furlough staff while players are still creaming it in.

To be fair the players took a deferral but point very much taken!

2 hours ago, Spoons said:

I appreciate I am in the minority here but I really don't get the issue. Less than three weeks ago we didn't even know if the season would re start or end? 

Now there is an otib meltdown about refunds. Everybody calm down seriously. The money coming back to the people who choose to take it isn't exactly life changing!! 

Next season's ticket I've paid out for already I would expect an announcement of options but this season I like many will write it off, except online viewing and watch us sneak into the playoffs ??

I understand the sentiment, but you have absolutely no idea what people's financial situation is suddenly like. From February til now, an awful lot has changed. There's an insane amount of people I know personally who have been made redundant and lost their jobs. Suddenly that guaranteed income they had back in February has gone, a lot more people now looking for work thus harder to find employment. I'm playing devil's advocate here, I still have a job, I've been working non stop throughout this entire thing, can only dream of the state paying 80% of my wage whilst I do housework and whatever. 

But if I didn't have any income, I'd be looking and counting at every single penny I have, calling in all debts if mates owe me money or companies etc just as a means to get by. 

As far as OTIB 'meltdowns' go, I wouldn't say this is a meltdown, but it's entirely justified whatever you want to call it. 

You just have to remember that they're paying at least 30 players, thousands of pounds a week. We're asking for a few hundred quid back, of our own money! 

It's extremely telling of a business when they're quick to take your money, but when things go wrong, extremely snails pace to give it back. You wouldn't accept it in any other business, and as we're treated like customers, we should be given money back or  be communicated to properly. They've known about this issue for absolutely ages now. No excuse for it really. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

To be fair the players took a deferral but point very much taken!

A deferral is nothing, it just means they will get exactly the same as ever at a later date while the "normal" staff get 80% of considerably less.

51 minutes ago, kevinmabbuttshair said:

Quite right too. I find the sanctimoniousness of it all quite unsavoury. It’s either an attempt to patronise by saying ‘calm down’ or an attempt to subtly shame people by suggesting that ”no one could possibly ‘need’ the £95 refund“ (or whatever it is).

Why is it so difficult for people to grasp that some will treat the club as a normal business. The expectation would be a refund and that’s fine. Some will choose to decline the refund and do something they believe helps the club - also fine. Live and let live.

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

9 games = £90. Saving of £5 seriously. I'm sure the club could do with that £5!?

If you have Sky every game they show saves £10,  Maybe I don't want to watch every game, or any of them , or all of them, Whatever I want to do is my choice. I don't owe the club anything. As a paying customer since 1967 and a shareholder purchaser in1982 the club has had plenty from me and I 'm confident that the billionaire Stephen Lansdown will manage just fine without that £5.

6 hours ago, CodeRed said:

This is correct,  someone connected to  BS has sent me an advanced copy of the refund process.

Season 2019/20 Season Ticket Refund Process

·       Bristol Sport urges all Season Card to use the BCTV vouchers and support the team in their home. Please do not claim a cash refund unless necessary

·       If you require a refund please call our dedicated refund line which will be staffed between 9.00am and 10.00 am on Monday and Tuesday only due to staff and COVIV-19 issues

·       A paper refund application form will be posted second class within 6 weeks of your telephone application date

·       The application form will need your Season Card number, Name, Address, DOB, Mother’s maiden name and the name of your first pet, A copy of your passport or other photo ID and be witnessed by an MP, Your GP, or a senior member of the Judiciary. We understand this may be slightly inconvenient, but we take the protection of you data very seriously.

·       Upon receipt of the application forms will be scrutinised, subjected to an audit process, and processed with 8 weeks.

·       For Data Protection and security reasons we are regretfully not able to credit your bank account, credit card, or issue cheques. Crossed Postal Orders, valid for 7 days only, will be mailed and may be encashed at a Crown Post Office upon production of photo ID and a letter of authority signed by a BCFC official. There will be a separate process required to obtain these letters which will be issued in due course.

·       This simple process will be in force for 2019/20 refunds only. A more rigorous process will be issued for 2020/21 after guidance from the EFL.

You missed off

“Let me be clear, when you’ve been involved in the game as long as I have,......”

Out of genuine interest, what percentage of the people on here saying they want the club to keep the money etc are under the age of 18 or still live at home with their parents?

For most people saying they want a refund, it's not because they need the money, it is out of principle and they dont like the feeling of being walked all over by others and exploited. I work hard in my job to earn my cash and should I receive a smaller pay packet one month than I was due then I'd complain, I personally dont see the difference! 

Feel a lot on here are giving grief to others because they are 'desperate' for their £95, and belittling them for their frugal nature. However, I think this actually is reflecting badly on those who are just accepting of being told what to do by the club, allowing themselves to be bent over backwards. 

A word of advise kids, take care of the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves.

4 minutes ago, City18 said:

Out of genuine interest, what percentage of the people on here saying they want the club to keep the money etc are under the age of 18 or still live at home with their parents?

For most people saying they want a refund, it's not because they need the money, it is out of principle and they dont like the feeling of being walked all over by others and exploited. I work hard in my job to earn my cash and should I receive a smaller pay packet one month than I was due then I'd complain, I personally dont see the difference! 

Feel a lot on here are giving grief to others because they are 'desperate' for their £95, and belittling them for their frugal nature. However, I think this actually is reflecting badly on those who are just accepting of being told what to do by the club, allowing themselves to be bent over backwards. 

A word of advise kids, take care of the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves.

Exactly this! No wonder record numbers of the nation are in debt these days, with such cavalier attitudes to credit control. Mr Micawber had it right all those years ago. 

10 minutes ago, iamsober said:

Everyone should be pleased as were actually saving money while still getting to watch the remaining games (home and away) as no expense on travel, beer and food. 

Personally I plan on opening all my thatchers the night before the game and pour them into plastic glasses........That way when I stream the game I will get the ashton gate experience of warm flat cider ?

Archived