IGNORED

Refund on ST ?

westonred

13 minutes ago, iamsober said:

Everyone should be pleased as were actually saving money while still getting to watch the remaining games (home and away) as no expense on travel, beer and food. 

What about the ones who have lost their jobs? Or likely to lose their jobs in the coming months?

47 minutes ago, City18 said:

Out of genuine interest, what percentage of the people on here saying they want the club to keep the money etc are under the age of 18 or still live at home with their parents?

For most people saying they want a refund, it's not because they need the money, it is out of principle and they dont like the feeling of being walked all over by others and exploited. I work hard in my job to earn my cash and should I receive a smaller pay packet one month than I was due then I'd complain, I personally dont see the difference! 

Feel a lot on here are giving grief to others because they are 'desperate' for their £95, and belittling them for their frugal nature. However, I think this actually is reflecting badly on those who are just accepting of being told what to do by the club, allowing themselves to be bent over backwards. 

A word of advise kids, take care of the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves.

I'm one of those saying I'm happy for the club to keep the money this season, and I passed my 18th and moved out from my parents more than 4 decades ago.

For longer than that Bristol City have been my club, and they're not just like another airline or another hotel. I love Bristol City. They've lost their most significant source of income entirely unexpectedly and - whilst in City's case I don't think realistically its likely - I don't want to se them going out of business. In the same way that I've agreed not to ask for a refund for theatre bookings I'd made, I see it as a way of supporting something I love through this.

I entirely appreciate that I'm in a fortunate position financially, more so than others. I wouldn't dream of characterising anyone wanting a refund in the way you describe. It's a decision everyone has to make individually. But please don't characterise me in the way that you do.

46 minutes ago, mattyali said:

Personally I plan on opening all my thatchers the night before the game and pour them into plastic glasses........That way when I stream the game I will get the ashton gate experience of warm flat cider ?

Don’t forget to unplug your hand dryer too 

1 hour ago, City18 said:

Out of genuine interest, what percentage of the people on here saying they want the club to keep the money etc are under the age of 18 or still live at home with their parents?

For most people saying they want a refund, it's not because they need the money, it is out of principle and they dont like the feeling of being walked all over by others and exploited. I work hard in my job to earn my cash and should I receive a smaller pay packet one month than I was due then I'd complain, I personally dont see the difference! 

Feel a lot on here are giving grief to others because they are 'desperate' for their £95, and belittling them for their frugal nature. However, I think this actually is reflecting badly on those who are just accepting of being told what to do by the club, allowing themselves to be bent over backwards. 

A word of advise kids, take care of the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves.

I actually thought it was the opposite, people who could possibly be retired with a comfortable pension. I guess it could easily be both ends of the spectrum.

20 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

1 hour ago, mattyali said:

Personally I plan on opening all my thatchers the night before the game and pour them into plastic glasses........That way when I stream the game I will get the ashton gate experience of warm flat cider ?

And muffle your TV speakers to get that authentic Dolman Stand sound

It’s pennies to the club. 

It may mean we now don’t sign some random from League 2 for £500k but so be it. 

Think DaveFevs worked it out to be roughly about £750k give or take, but that’s if everyone took up the option I believe. 

These are the clubs fans, they will be around for far longer than any player will & deserve the option of a refund. 

My two grandparents live together, both retired, both will have no idea how to set this up, I can’t even go in their house and see them due to current circumstances to set it up, they’d be happy with getting their £150 odd back. They’ve both already renewed for next season, now it’s time for the club to show a bit of loyalty towards them.

This ******* stinks & I’m not even one that would be taking a refund. I am happy with the streaming pass, but it seems as though some of you think that makes you better fans than others. 

29 minutes ago, Laner said:

And muffle your TV speakers to get that authentic Dolman Stand sound 

+ Put your pastie in the freezer for an hour and then  straight into a very hot oven for 10 minutes - to get that winning combination of burnt crust and stone cold centre.

Thank me when you take that first bite !

and to complete the experience get your wife to push past you blocking your view , every 10 minutes , and slopping hot coffee in your lap as she passes mumbling "sorry mate"

3 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I haven’t forgotten Mark Ashton’s attitude towards supporters when the club decided to increase the price of tickets for disabled people and children in certain areas of the ground.

Nor have I.

56 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

And perhaps get someone to piss on the toilet floor and seat before you have a h-t slash.

This club has got so many things right in recent years, but continue to be slow and / or wrong when it comes to fans’ money and rights....or just doing the right thing.  In this subject we are customers not fans!!

On 10/06/2020 at 11:29, GlastonburyRed said:

Read as, we haven't got a pot to piss in, and therefore every penny counts. 

They've managed to come up with a fair choice of options, considering there's no pot to piss in.   

The same as any business transaction, money should be refunded if the product is not supplied - that's what all clubs should be doing, football fans' loyalty gets exploited far too often.

Following the cancellation of the 2019/20 campaign with four home matches left to play, the Club can now confirm the process for refunds for all supporters, including season ticket holders and fans who had pre-purchased a ticket to one or more of the final four games.

Those supporters with a season ticket will receive a credit to the value of five 23rds of their season ticket which includes the four matches lost through the early termination of the season and an additional goodwill gesture for the loss of the Bury match. Fans who purchased an individual match ticket for one or more of the final four home games will be able to claim full credit for the matches that they purchased.

As a supporter with a season ticket or match day ticket, the process will be as follows...

You will shortly receive an email from the club to your registered account. This will include details of your options and a short survey for you to complete to confirm your chosen credit option.

These options will be as follows;

Credit on your ticketing account to the value of your refund to go towards renewal of your season ticket or match ticket purchases in the future for yourself or friends and family
An online retail voucher to the value of your refund
The option to donate this refund to the club's Academy
A full refund onto the card you used for your original purchase
Any supporters that purchased hospitality packages for the remaining four games will be contacted directly by our commercial team to discuss your options.

This has been a very challenging time for us as it has been for all clubs and we’d like to thank any supporters in advance that are able to donate their refunds back to the club. We know that this method won’t be possible for all supporters, particularly in the current climate, however, we hope that these variety of options will be well received and will further cement the Club’s commitment to act in the best interest of our supporter base as we work to progress together.

For us to be able to process all of the above, we are asking all supporters to fill in the refund survey within two weeks, with the deadline of Friday, 26th of June for choosing a refund option.

Please note, no refunds will be available over the phone at this time and supporters will be required to fill out the form to be eligible for a refund.

Any supporters who have changed their email address or don’t think they have one on our system, please log into your account on our ticketing system here. If your season ticket isn’t currently linked to your account, please email SeasonTicketEnquiries@Bristolrovers.co.uk.

We would like to thank all supporters for their patience on this issue and for your continued support.

Bristol Sport can put out a statement for the Bears immediately after their reversal on the player salary caps but can’t provide anything at all here. 

I hope Gregor isn’t contacting supporter services. Remember NOT to contact them for anything you might wish to query. 

I would imagine anyone with a hospitality package has been given their money back already...

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Nor have I.

And perhaps get someone to piss on the toilet floor and seat before you have a h-t slash.

This club has got so many things right in recent years, but continue to be slow and / or wrong when it comes to fans’ money and rights....or just doing the right thing.  In this subject we are customers not fans!!

This 10000% - regardless of what anyones personal financial state is. All they have to do is give a refund or credit type option, and try and ask people to take the credit option who can afford to, but make it plainly obvious that they have no issue about giving refunds as they are a family club and how the supporters matter etc etc etc.

The issue is now even if they offer refunds a lot of people will see it as too late an announcement to be sincere, and only that it has only been done through pressure. It damages a reputation that they will struggle to get back, and some fans who are still undecided about season tickets for next season will have their minds made up because of these decisions.

You can guess the announcement of refunds though with the "our fans (or customers) are important to this family club", "we were just working out how to do the refunds as it is a complicated matter", "made the decision weeks ago that we were giving that option" etc etc

19 minutes ago, In the Net said:

They've managed to come up with a fair choice of options, considering there's no pot to piss in.   

The same as any business transaction, money should be refunded if the product is not supplied - that's what all clubs should be doing, football fans' loyalty gets exploited far too often.

Following the cancellation of the 2019/20 campaign with four home matches left to play, the Club can now confirm the process for refunds for all supporters, including season ticket holders and fans who had pre-purchased a ticket to one or more of the final four games.

Those supporters with a season ticket will receive a credit to the value of five 23rds of their season ticket which includes the four matches lost through the early termination of the season and an additional goodwill gesture for the loss of the Bury match. Fans who purchased an individual match ticket for one or more of the final four home games will be able to claim full credit for the matches that they purchased.

As a supporter with a season ticket or match day ticket, the process will be as follows...

You will shortly receive an email from the club to your registered account. This will include details of your options and a short survey for you to complete to confirm your chosen credit option.

These options will be as follows;

Credit on your ticketing account to the value of your refund to go towards renewal of your season ticket or match ticket purchases in the future for yourself or friends and family
An online retail voucher to the value of your refund
The option to donate this refund to the club's Academy
A full refund onto the card you used for your original purchase
Any supporters that purchased hospitality packages for the remaining four games will be contacted directly by our commercial team to discuss your options.

This has been a very challenging time for us as it has been for all clubs and we’d like to thank any supporters in advance that are able to donate their refunds back to the club. We know that this method won’t be possible for all supporters, particularly in the current climate, however, we hope that these variety of options will be well received and will further cement the Club’s commitment to act in the best interest of our supporter base as we work to progress together.

For us to be able to process all of the above, we are asking all supporters to fill in the refund survey within two weeks, with the deadline of Friday, 26th of June for choosing a refund option.

Please note, no refunds will be available over the phone at this time and supporters will be required to fill out the form to be eligible for a refund.

Any supporters who have changed their email address or don’t think they have one on our system, please log into your account on our ticketing system here. If your season ticket isn’t currently linked to your account, please email SeasonTicketEnquiries@Bristolrovers.co.uk.

We would like to thank all supporters for their patience on this issue and for your continued support.

Put Ashton on a plinth and roll the **** into the harbour!!?

14 minutes ago, wood_red said:

This 10000% - regardless of what anyones personal financial state is. All they have to do is give a refund or credit type option, and try and ask people to take the credit option who can afford to, but make it plainly obvious that they have no issue about giving refunds as they are a family club and how the supporters matter etc etc etc.

The issue is now even if they offer refunds a lot of people will see it as too late an announcement to be sincere, and only that it has only been done through pressure. It damages a reputation that they will struggle to get back, and some fans who are still undecided about season tickets for next season will have their minds made up because of these decisions.

You can guess the announcement of refunds though with the "our fans (or customers) are important to this family club", "we were just working out how to do the refunds as it is a complicated matter", "made the decision weeks ago that we were giving that option" etc etc

A friend of mine, who, like many sc holders who have already renewed, is waiting like the rest of us for information on a possible refund.

However he is also waiting for his refund for 2 Blackburn away tickets. Despite several emails to the club he is being repeatedly fobbed off with it's "being processed". This club hasn't got a clue when it comes to showing goodwill and respect to its supporters.

2 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

It’s pennies to the club. 

It may mean we now don’t sign some random from League 2 for £500k but so be it. 

Think DaveFevs worked it out to be roughly about £750k give or take, but that’s if everyone took up the option I believe. 

These are the clubs fans, they will be around for far longer than any player will & deserve the option of a refund. 

My two grandparents live together, both retired, both will have no idea how to set this up, I can’t even go in their house and see them due to current circumstances to set it up, they’d be happy with getting their £150 odd back. They’ve both already renewed for next season, now it’s time for the club to show a bit of loyalty towards them.

This ******* stinks & I’m not even one that would be taking a refund. I am happy with the streaming pass, but it seems as though some of you think that makes you better fans than others. 

You mean we won't be able to bloat the squad with more Hakeeb Adelakans if I take a refund...??

GOOD...!!

4 hours ago, wood_red said:

What about the ones who have lost their jobs? Or likely to lose their jobs in the coming months?

Well then you should be even more grateful if in that situation as you can now watch all the games whereas you wouldn’t be able to watch any as you wouldn’t of been able to travel to home or away games and spend money on food and drink. If you want money back then you shouldn’t be allowed to watch any of the remaining games 

11 minutes ago, iamsober said:

Well then you should be even more grateful if in that situation as you can now watch all the games whereas you wouldn’t be able to watch any as you wouldn’t of been able to travel to home or away games and spend money on food and drink. If you want money back then you shouldn’t be allowed to watch any of the remaining games 

Oh dear.

18 minutes ago, iamsober said:

I don't believe your username ?

6 hours ago, GlastonburyRed said:

Exactly this! No wonder record numbers of the nation are in debt these days, with such cavalier attitudes to credit control. Mr Micawber had it right all those years ago. 

There's some of that sure, but wages not keeping up with rent too..

I digress, debate for non football chat! 

3 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

Yeah that extra 0.75% will make all the difference ?????

Especially as we are in constant credit with everyone, we actually incur our 30mil loss just 24 hours before our accounts get submitted, before that date, everything sits in an interest bearing account untouched. ???

36 minutes ago, iamsober said:

Not one person has said they expect the refund AND access to watch the games.

Don't know whether to claim my £175 ST refund or not ( full,u19, and u12).

But one thing is clear; Bristol Sport lost a lot of my goodwill when they enforced the May 31st deadline on using up your supporters account money.

Lost £27 with the club shop shut; and it would have cost them nothing to carry that over to next season.

What goes around, comes around.

Archived