IGNORED

Refund on ST ?

westonred

3 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

The live streaming has already been offered FOR FREE - surely this can’t now be rescinded if you want a refund. 

Legally, I think it can, and it answers the point people are making about losing your season card benefits. 

The stream was specifically offered as a free benefit for STH. If a refund is chosen (or a credit), you’ve in effect foregone your season ticket. Therefore, legally, you lose the benefits hence why it’s worded that way.

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Basically I imagine you lose your renewal rights. So you'd have to repurchase a new ST and wouldn't be guaranteed your same seat. Essentially you cease to be an ST and then have to reapply.

But they’ve already got my money for next season? 

I’ve had no email. 

I have paid for next seasons ticket already.

I’m not really bothered about the live stream for this season (sceptical it’ll even work well as per most of our streaming etc and have Sky already). 

What benefit does option 3 give me? Credit for home games that I’ve already paid for. 

So that leave Option 4. Hidden away but option 4. Refund and loss of status. 

I imagine there’ll be households of multiple ST holders in the same scenario - credit is useless but seemingly if you ask for a LEGALLY ENTITLED REFUND the club are blacklisting you? 
Would my 2020/21 ticket get cancelled by the club because I actually desired to be treated like a customer for once (instead of how they usually make it all so customer based rather than fan based). 

The approach from Bristol Sport and lack of clarity stinks. 

Just now, Loco Rojo said:

I'm assuming they must mean I wouldn't be able to expect benefits of streaming for free or a credit on next season ST, which would be pretty obvious if I chose the refund option.

Or do they mean something else in addition to the above?

I've already paid for next seasons ticket so does that mean I'm not entitled to any benefits? 

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Basically I imagine you lose your renewal rights. So you'd have to repurchase a new ST and wouldn't be guaranteed your same seat. Essentially you cease to be an ST and then have to reapply.

Nope, that’s not it - as ST have already been bought for next year and seats secured. It’s worded that way so they can pull the streaming offer from you - no other reason.

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

If that's what it means then some who really need the money at this time will see this as a real kick in the teeth if they've been an ST for years.  This reads like a really bad attitude from the club.

Yes it's great they've offered the refund but it reads and is worded to deter people. Not impressed.

Just now, Robin Wood said:

I've already paid for next seasons ticket so does that mean I'm not entitled to any benefits? 

Just now, Dollymarie said:

But they’ve already got my money for next season? 

I don't know guys. I'd imagine they'd refund you next season's ticket. As you said it's not explained or defined. Sorry I shouldn't have speculated.

My view as someone unaffected by this is that it's damn cheeky to hide option 4 - pro rata refund in the FAQs. Option 1 and 2 are basically still just "we keep your money and you get £90 worth of streaming".

2 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

AND if you ask for a refund for these remaining games does that mean your status as an ST next season is impacted? Even though you've already paid?  No idea.

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

I don't know guys. I'd imagine they'd refund you next season's ticket. As you said it's not explained or defined. Sorry I shouldn't have speculated.

My view as someone unaffected by this is that it's damn cheeky to hide option 4 - pro rata refund in the FAQs. Option 1 and 2 are basically still just "we keep your money and you get £90 worth of streaming".

Hope I kept my receipt for my renewal I may have to try for a refund 

I’ve got 5 season tickets, all paid for and renewed already. I only need one season ticket for the streaming, so I’m trying to understand what it means for the others if I request a refund. 

You’ll get all of the pro rota money back except the value of the highest valued ticket 

• Admin
7 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Fans allowed back in stadiums in time for the play off final. Season ticket holders only for social distancing reasons. 

I think that you may have hit the nail on the head

It is poorly worded

What we have to realise is that this statement relates to the 2019/20 season NOT NEXT SEASON

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I’ve got 5 season tickets, all paid for and renewed already. I only need one season ticket for the streaming, so I’m trying to understand what it means for the others if I request a refund. 

You get a refund on 4 and claim the TV code on the other

thing that has pissed me off the most here is the total lack of empathy. Not a word of appreciate it's a hard time, people have lost loved ones, etc etc & that they know every person is different and any refund could genuinely help them put food on the table for the next month or two.

the statement is literally just IF YOU WANT YOUR MONEY BACK YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO SEE US PLAY AGAIN THIS SEASON, BYE & was so obviously scrambled together this afternoon in the space of about an hour

4 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

SCAT need an urgent call with the club I’d suggest 

12 minutes ago, !james said:

Oh dear god....

...that was also my reaction!

Looks like option 1 for us - we have two STs and two households so it's not a bad deal. The arrangements do seem a tad over complicated though!

EDIT: no sign of an email though...

Just now, phantom said:

You get a refund on 4 and claim the TV code on the other

But I still don’t understand what this bit means

Should you choose the pro-rata refund option you will forego your status as a season card holder and all associated benefits.

I’m foregoing my status as a season ticket holder? Does that mean my season ticket is cancelled? I’m honestly not trying to be difficult, it doesn’t make it clear what that means?

But I still don’t understand what this bit means

I’m foregoing my status as a season ticket holder? Does that mean my season ticket is cancelled? I’m honestly not trying to be difficult, it doesn’t make it clear what that means?

I assume it means losing benefits on discount on buying stuff on the online store and (dare I say) T M Lewin discount?!!?!

1 minute ago, phantom said:

I think that you may have hit the nail on the head

It is poorly worded

What we have to realise is that this statement relates to the 2019/20 season NOT NEXT SEASON

Correct.

I realise this is emotive but take a step back. For those of us who have bought season tickets for next season - they’re secured, and if you take a refund on this season, you won’t lose next seasons seat or any benefits from next season.

Why?

Because there is no way the club will want to refund you next seasons ticket at this stage which is the logical outcome of any alternate reading.

As I said, the “loss of benefits” allows them to legally pull the free streaming they’ve offered (and as said any priority for tickets in the unlikely event of being allowed in for a playoff)

Take a breath everyone. Calm down. If you want a refund you’ll get one and it doesn’t impact on next season.

And for multi households, you can get refunds for all bar one. But remember u12 don’t get a stream

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

The club should be really careful they may lose a lot of customers next season, the economy will be in deep carp they could easily lose 20% of the home gate next season after all those years of building it up to 20 thousand average 

This has NOTHING to do with next season 

Archived