IGNORED

Refund on ST ?

westonred

This thread heading only one place......the classics!! 

Otib meltdown of epic proportions. 

Everything that people wanted albeit later than they wanted. People asking stupid questions and moaning without even reading documents. 

It's s fair policy just a bit late in the day. 

2 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I get that bit, but it also makes it sound like SHOULD we get in the play offs and SHOULD we get to Wembley, that I wouldn’t be counted as a season ticket holder, so should the rules be relaxed by then and we could go to Wembley, I won’t be counted as a season ticket holder so won’t be able to get tickets. 

It also doesn’t make it clear that I won’t be affected discount etc wise next season. 

That comes across as a bit, to coin a phrase, pro cake and pro eating it. 

It is a poorly worded statement, yes, but what it is saying clearly - on the same basis as if you were in a gym and cancelled you couldn’t expect to use the facilities until you rejoined - if you cancel (refund) you are no longer classed as a STH and get the benefits. And yes, that would include priority on tickets. 

I get it’s no fault of any of us we may want refunds, but flip it - if you were to not seek a refund and someone who did got the same priority for a Wembley ticket, you’d be pretty upset.

FWIW I’d argue anyone predicating a renewal on the chance of Wembley and the chance of restrictions being lifted is more hopeful than me!

As for next season - it will not affect you then if you “become” a STH again. The two are exclusive. 

8 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I’m confused. Why is it disgusting?

show empathy, resonate with people who could feasibly be in a situation where they've been made redundant and struggling to put food on the table, show willing to try and help them as loyal supporters of the club, don't frame an email that make them sound like they're the villain for needing the money & effectively say if they need the money that badly they won't be able to see the team play on Robins TV

7 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

The last week's on here I've read

A) I want a refund

B) I don't want to watch the games on a stream

C) I'm not fussed about a refund for this season.

I can't see where all these options aren't covered?

Its pathetic isn't it the belly aching going on? You've got a choice of getting your money back or giving it to the club. What's the problem?

24 minutes ago, petehinton said:

thing that has pissed me off the most here is the total lack of empathy. Not a word of appreciate it's a hard time, people have lost loved ones, etc etc & that they know every person is different and any refund could genuinely help them put food on the table for the next month or two.

the statement is literally just IF YOU WANT YOUR MONEY BACK YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO SEE US PLAY AGAIN THIS SEASON, BYE & was so obviously scrambled together this afternoon in the space of about an hour

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/a-message-to-season-card-holders-from-chairman-jon-lansdown/

On 11/06/2020 at 15:57, CodeRed said:

This is correct,  someone connected to  BS has sent me an advanced copy of the refund process.

Season 2019/20 Season Ticket Refund Process

·       Bristol Sport urges all Season Card to use the BCTV vouchers and support the team in their home. Please do not claim a cash refund unless necessary

·       If you require a refund please call our dedicated refund line which will be staffed between 9.00am and 10.00 am on Monday and Tuesday only due to staff and COVIV-19 issues

·       A paper refund application form will be posted second class within 6 weeks of your telephone application date

·       The application form will need your Season Card number, Name, Address, DOB, Mother’s maiden name and the name of your first pet, A copy of your passport or other photo ID and be witnessed by an MP, Your GP, or a senior member of the Judiciary. We understand this may be slightly inconvenient, but we take the protection of you data very seriously.

·       Upon receipt of the application forms will be scrutinised, subjected to an audit process, and processed with 8 weeks.

·       For Data Protection and security reasons we are regretfully not able to credit your bank account, credit card, or issue cheques. Crossed Postal Orders, valid for 7 days only, will be mailed and may be encashed at a Crown Post Office upon production of photo ID and a letter of authority signed by a BCFC official. There will be a separate process required to obtain these letters which will be issued in due course.

·       This simple process will be in force for 2019/20 refunds only. A more rigorous process will be issued for 2020/21 after guidance from the EFL.

Christ you weren't that far off were you?

I'm pretty skeptical about the commercial side of the club's ability to actually understand it's fans customers but even I was taken aback by the passive aggressive email full of bullshit with the real refund option buried on page 97 of the small print in the bottom drawer of the locked filing cabinet behind the door marked "beware of the tiger".

Because of the approach they've taken I'm having all round full refunds and I'll have the same for next season. 

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

show empathy, resonate with people who could feasibly be in a situation where they've been made redundant and struggling to put food on the table, show willing to try and help them as loyal supporters of the club, don't frame an email that make them sound like they're the villain for needing the money & effectively say if they need the money that badly they won't be able to see the team play on Robins TV

So you want full refunds AND free streams to be offered? I was never expecting that at all. 

2 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Option 2- no live stream of matches. 

No that’s not correct. 1 and 2 both get the stream. Can’t really see why anyone would choose 1, the club are keeping your money whether you choose 1 or 2 so why wouldn’t you get the name on the shirt?

24 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

But I still don’t understand what this bit means

I’m foregoing my status as a season ticket holder? Does that mean my season ticket is cancelled? I’m honestly not trying to be difficult, it doesn’t make it clear what that means?

and what about their side of the 'transaction'? Surely not being able to watch the game live in the stadium counts for something? I'm still confused.

Plus will I get a refund on the money I've already paid for next year's ST? It doesn't clarify that…

6 minutes ago, bobbyhutchscurlymullet said:

My old man and uncle (like I imagine plenty of our elderly fans) haven't got an email address...... Any idea what happens with this? Will it just be the default option for these? 

Yes option 1 is default if no reply.

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

No that’s not correct. 1 and 2 both get the stream. Can’t really see why anyone would choose 1, the club are keeping your money whether you choose 1 or 2 so why wouldn’t you get the name on the shirt?

You could be Mr I Holloway and not want it on there.

4 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

and what about their side of the 'transaction'? Surely not being able to watch the game live in the stadium counts for something? I'm still confused.

Plus will I get a refund on the money I've already paid for next year's ST? It doesn't clarify that…

It clearly states Options for 2019/20 Season Tickets Holders. It has nothing to do with next seasons tickets

6 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

It’s just talking about this season. Why would they offer refunds for next season?

8 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I think on option 2 the money doesn’t go to the academy?

The club should be utterly ashamed of that statement and whoever signed off that press release should not be working for the club.  Veiled threats and guilt tripping fans. I notice this press release has been planned so fans have little or no chance to have dialogue with the club.

Fans are legally entitled to a refund if they require it, I am so angry how badly this is been handled.  I don't need the money but out of principle I will ask for a refund, if that in someway affects my ST renewal then you can cancel that and refund me. 

@JerrySLO it woul be nice if our supposed SLO would engage with the forum. 

40 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

I'm pretty certain the club will mean 'you lose any benefits ' for this season. Maybe if we make the play offs season ticket holders will be able to stream the games cheaper than non season ticket holders....that might be a potential benefit you lose (just my suspicions)

But you could take up Now Tv's offer of 3 months Sky for £20 a month which would include the play offs and the Cardiff and Sheffield Wed match.

Just now, And Its Smith said:

It’s just talking about this season. Why would they offer refunds for next season?

Yep. The same people who are complaining that the club are making it difficult to get refunds for this seasons matches are also of the opinion that the club wants to refund them now for next seasons matches

schrodingers football club...

Arguably legally the club can’t withdraw my season ticket status. They are now the ones not fulfilling their side of the transaction. 
I pay to attend home games in person at the ground. 
They cannot provide that currently. 

If the situation changes (ie fans into play offs) then my entitlement to that should still remain regardless of what the club offer me to compensate for not providing the remaining home games. 

Just now, Dynamite Red said:

The club should be utterly ashamed of that statement and whoever signed off that press release should not be working for the club.  Veiled threats and guilt tripping fans. I notice this press release has been planned so fans have little or no chance to have dialogue with the club.

Fans are legally entitled to a refund if they require it, I am so angry how badly this is been handled.  I don't need the money but out of principle I will ask for a refund, if that in someway affects my ST renewal then you can cancel that and refund me. 

@JerrySLO it woul be nice if our supposed SLO would engage with the forum. 

Whilst I agree I don’t think Jerry should be the one taking the brunt of this, the decision was clearly made above his pay grade and he isn’t paid enough to deal with the fallout from this bullshit. 

Just now, alandicks said:

Apologies if this has already been asked. I have four season tickets in my household. Can I use one ticket to get the stream and refunds on the other three. Will they allot the stream to the dearest ticket or the one of my choice ?

It’s on the Q&As - yes you can and the stream will go against the most expensive ticket

3 minutes ago, Big C said:

It clearly states Options for 2019/20 Season Tickets Holders. It has nothing to do with next seasons tickets

Yes but it says credit for next year's season tickets - it doesn't mention if you will get a refund for money already paid. 

1 minute ago, alandicks said:

Apologies if this has already been asked. I have four season tickets in my household. Can I use one ticket to get the stream and refunds on the other three. Will they allot the stream to the dearest ticket or the one of my choice ?

Yes you can do that as long as the one you leave active is an adult one 

Archived