IGNORED

Refund on ST ?

westonred

4 minutes ago, Gifford said:

Surely they’d check names against their database? Otherwise there will a lot of joke names or slave traders.

Why would they need to ask for a name? Everyone is responding with their option, match the persons email with those who selected option 2. No need to ask anyone for a name.

22 minutes ago, sinenomine said:

Yes, but I've gone for option 2 and I've got a really big name so mine will appear bigger.

You reckon?

They'll just make your font so small to squeeze it in you'll need a magnifying glass!

19 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Don’t know if this has been mentioned already, but note the credit option is valid up until May 2021, which means it could be used towards a season ticket for the 2021/2022 season.

Or left to expire to nothing if you have no real option of using it, which remains very possible if there is no Covid 19 vaccine developed. That's probably the option with the most negative equity for me. Be interesting to see what's going to be on offer when I find I can't use my 2020/21 season ticket.

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

Why would they need to ask for a name? Everyone is responding with their option, match the persons email with those who selected option 2. No need to ask anyone for a name.

The online form does ask.

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Legally, I think it can, and it answers the point people are making about losing your season card benefits. 

The stream was specifically offered as a free benefit for STH. If a refund is chosen (or a credit), you’ve in effect foregone your season ticket. Therefore, legally, you lose the benefits hence why it’s worded that way.

I think this may be wrong.  When I did law, the one thing we always asked is what is the law if a shop price an item wrong, am I entitled to buy it at the price advertised.

The answer is no.

Contract Law, offer and acceptance, plus consideration (or something like that, it’s over 30 years ago!)

It is you, the customer that offers to buy it at the price on the label.  The shopkeeper considers the offer and does not have to accept.

Most websites usually have a footnote along the lines of “errors and omissions excepted”, which basically means if they price something wrong on a website, even though the website automated process might process it, they can still decline to proceed with the order.

However, as a part of goodwill, they may decide to accept.

Curry’s priced some tv’s wrongly a few years ago on Black Friday, and agreed to let the buyer have them at the wrong price advertised.

7 minutes ago, Nibor said:

I'd suggest taking both refunds.  Buy the TV only if they prove it works.  Most likely free streams will be more reliable.

Very good advice, take the cash and then decide to buy game by game .......you will then know a) wether the stream works and is reliable b ) if there are free streams and again if they are reliable c) If - for example we loose the first 3 games and are out of the race would you still watch. meaningless fixture with both teams on the beach? D) Conversly if we do well Sky may well pick more City games for the final round of picks covering the run in.

Lastly. - and a purely personal view - the whole press release was manipulative and bullying (IMO)..........and I won't be bullied.

1 hour ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I'll have the refund 270+ quid to watch the game behind closed doors on a cracked 5 inch smartphone is not value for money. 

I expect there will be a pirate somewhere anyway. 

Try Filton Avenue.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think this may be wrong.  When I did law, the one thing we always asked is what is the law if a shop price an item wrong, am I entitled to buy it at the price advertised.

The answer is no.

Contract Law, offer and acceptance, plus consideration (or something like that, it’s over 30 years ago!)

It is you, the customer that offers to buy it at the price on the label.  The shopkeeper considers the offer and does not have to accept.

Most websites usually have a footnote along the lines of “errors and omissions excepted”, which basically means if they price something wrong on a website, even though the website automated process might process it, they can still decline to proceed with the order.

However, as a part of goodwill, they may decide to accept.

Curry’s priced some tv’s wrongly a few years ago on Black Friday, and agreed to let the buyer have them at the wrong price advertised.

Is it not why the club are saying you lose the privileges of being a season ticket holder though? As you have to accept to get the option? You forego your right to a free stream in order to get your refund?  

31 minutes ago, hodge said:

In the terms and conditions doesn’t it say refunds are not to be given under any circumstance? Including pandemic and games not being completed you’d assume, given fans agreed to these terms and conditions on signing up would it not negate this? How else do Preston get away with what they’re doing?

I believe It doesn't matter what the terms and conditions state in this case.  Consumer law would apply.

If they did use that clause I don't think it would pass the "fairness test"

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

Is it not why the club are saying you lose the privileges of being a season ticket holder though? As you have to accept to get the option? You forego your right to a free stream in order to get your refund?  

No Silvio was referring to whether the fact that they’d already offered season ticket holders free streaming pass.

41 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

If no one else chooses option 2, will my name be in huge font all over the kit?

And if everyone chooses it, the team have to wear a shirt with 16,000 names crammed on it whenever they have to play in third colours.  :whistle:

Other issue I have here is the time to make a decision. Not everyone is on it and to have to make a decision by Tuesday is poor - particularly as the default is its the clubs money. Is this even legal? 3 days notice?

I don’t normally bash Bristol sport but they have totally misjudged this one. @JerrySLO you need to feedback all this opinion to the club. Unnecessarily clumsy and just pissing people off

• Admin
Just now, TonyTonyTony said:

Other issue I have here is the time to make a decision. Not everyone is on it and to have to make a decision by Tuesday is poor - particularly as the default is its he clubs money. Is this even legal? 

I don’t normally bash Bristol sport but they have totally misjudged this one. @JerrySLO you need to feedback the opinion to the club. Unnecessarily clumsy

One topic not mentioned in the statement is how the refund option affects those paying by direct debit 

1 minute ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Other issue I have here is the time to make a decision. Not everyone is on it and to have to make a decision by Tuesday is poor - particularly as the default is its he clubs money. Is this even legal? 

I don’t normally bash Bristol sport but they have totally misjudged this one. @JerrySLO you need to feedback the opinion to the club. Unnecessarily clumsy

Presumably the club needs time to organise all those needing streaming passes before Saturday when fans will need them and they calculate they need the time from Tuesday to do so.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No Silvio was referring to whether the fact that they’d already offered season ticket holders free streaming pass.

Nope, I was saying what @hodge was saying. Your point about legal tender is correct, and the club have not deviated from that. What they’ve done is offer us the opportunity to give up that offer and take up a new offer. The wording for this absolutely holds water legally. I.e

- An existing “season ticket benefit” is free streaming

- If you take a refund, the benefits are removed

I get where you’re coming from - I.e because the refund post dates the free stream, does having a refund automatically cancel the other. The legal point that gets that to work is that there is no legal - only a moral - obligation to offer refunds in the T&Cs.

I think they’re covered. And tbh, I don’t have a problem with what they’ve done

3 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

So what happens to the money in option 2?

Presumably the club keeps the money, its essentially the same as option 1 ie the club keeps the money but option 1 you can make sure your money goes towards the academy.

1 minute ago, phantom said:

One topic not mentioned in the statement is how the refund option affects those paying by direct debit 

There are a lot of questions really. They have had two months to thrash out scenarios and come up with that crap. Very very poor communication and it’s back of a fag packet..

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Presumably the club needs time to organise all those needing streaming passes before Saturday when fans will need them and they calculate they need the time from Tuesday to do so.

That is a fair point but they could have announced it all a week ago. Like I said they have had long enough to think about it. It’s very callous to me : Last minute. Give supporters little time. Make them feel guilty. Make the default the money is the clubs

absolute ****

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Nope, I was saying what @hodge was saying. Your point about legal tender is correct, and the club have not deviated from that. What they’ve done is offer us the opportunity to give up that offer and take up a new offer. The wording for this absolutely holds water legally. I.e

- An existing “season ticket benefit” is free streaming

- If you take a refund, the benefits are removed

I get where you’re coming from - I.e because the refund post dates the free stream, does having a refund automatically cancel the other. The legal point that gets that to work is that there is no legal - only a moral - obligation to offer refunds in the T&Cs.

I think they’re covered. And tbh, I don’t have a problem with what they’ve done

Got you....sorry both

11 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Irony, they want 14 days to do a refund...

Shit all round IMO.

I do a bit of part-time lecturing and teach a course on how to write successful press releases.

I never struggle to find bad examples to show learners, but this one basically covers all the bases: tone deaf; confusing; poorly worded; irrational sentence order; unappealing; vaguely contemptuous. Then there's the bit about the email they sent earlier, which I can use to illustrate the "always make sure your message is factual" point.

I've hit the crap PR jackpot!

Archived