IGNORED

Refund on ST ?

westonred

59 minutes ago, hodge said:

In the terms and conditions doesn’t it say refunds are not to be given under any circumstance? Including pandemic and games not being completed you’d assume, given fans agreed to these terms and conditions on signing up would it not negate this? How else do Preston get away with what they’re doing?

Removed my comment as I see it's basically a duplicate of post which @hodge has alraedy replied to!

1 minute ago, Sleepy1968 said:

It doesn't matter what the terms and conditions state if they are unfair. Basic consumer law applies. That's why clubs have been offering refunds. Preston should expect to get sued if they don't offer refunds.

And yet there is no uproar on their forum unlike on this for actually being offered a refund

Such negative comments on here?? Who can remember 3rd Feb 1982 when our beloved club was minutes away from disappearing forever?? 

The Club didn’t ask for all of this to happen it’s out of their control, they haven’t chosen to play behind closed doors.

We need to stick by our club in times of need so we have a club to go back to when Covid has gone.

if you’re struggling financially yes take the refund and I don’t blame you as family have to come first, but to all others Please stick with our club!

to be honest I’m very happy with the options given and can’t see that the club have hidden anything away regarding refunds, it’s perfectly clear what you need to do.

what if SL wanted his money back? Where would the club be then? I hate to think.

2 minutes ago, man in the middle said:

Such negative comments on here?? Who can remember 3rd Feb 1982 when our beloved club was minutes away from disappearing forever?? 

The Club didn’t ask for all of this to happen it’s out of their control, they haven’t chosen to play behind closed doors.

We need to stick by our club in times of need so we have a club to go back to when Covid has gone.

if you’re struggling financially yes take the refund and I don’t blame you as family have to come first, but to all others Please stick with our club!

to be honest I’m very happy with the options given and can’t see that the club have hidden anything away regarding refunds, it’s perfectly clear what you need to do.

what if SL wanted his money back? Where would the club be then? I hate to think.

Let's be honest:

Our club is paying some players tens of thousands per week. 

Our club used the furlough scheme  (paid by tax payers) without topping up wages to 100%.

This is not a club for all fans. Its a business. 

1 hour ago, dunsteral said:

Why would anybody who is not claiming a refund choose option 2 over option 1 ?.  If you dont want a refund you would presumably choose option .1 so that the money you are forfeiting would go to the academy.  What happens to the money produced by option 2 ?

I chose option 1 over 2, I don’t particularly want my name on the third kit.

Also, I recently sold some ‘82 shares so my name is already going on some plaque somewhere in the ground anyway, I used to have it on my seat back in the day, too when they wanted money for that once.

I really don’t need any more validation that I support the club. 

I have bitten the bullet and me and the 3 season ticket holders have gone for option 1 , I would of liked a few sweeteners like maybe a few bonus points for the away travel scheme next season ,maybe something as simple as that would of been useful seeing as I am giving them basically £150 for nothing when last week codes were going to be free 

1 minute ago, Stockwood gate said:

I have bitten the bullet and me and the 3 season ticket holders have gone for option 1 , I would of liked a few sweeteners like maybe a few bonus points for the away travel scheme next season ,maybe something as simple as that would of been useful seeing as I am giving them basically £150 for nothing when last week codes were going to be free 

But think how many people would still be complaining if that was the case as no one knows when the next away game will be. Basically with some of our fan base the club will never win.

Different times now though. Harry D had a bit of cash, but now we're owned by a man who could spend £500 every day for the next several thousand years and still not run out of money.  

As has been calculated, to refund everyone would only cost a few hours of the combined playing staff wages. 

There is obscene money in the game these days and that includes City.

So while we still support them, the corporate entity that is now our club neither needs to be stingy with our money nor does it deserve our charity. 

Refund request email sent. I will keep the money to pay for a few matches on Robins TV or in my bank account to pay for Away tickets in the future. The club still have £500 of mine that I have paid for next seasons Season Tickets. Any refund from that will go towards 2021/22 season ticket. 

Sorry but I don't want to be offered gimicks (name on a shirt...maybe if I was 12. Name in a programme yipee). I would prefer to control where and when I spend my money (as a customer).

2 minutes ago, Robin Goch said:

But think how many people would still be complaining if that was the case as no one knows when the next away game will be. Basically with some of our fan base the club will never win.

Yes that’s true mate I need the money like the next person , something along these lines would maybe get people thinking about giving back to the city if you could possibly get first go at away tickets something that would be free to the club so no cost and a incentive to the fans 

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Why would it go in the classics? Odd comment. It’s hardly a meltdown either, just people discussing a policy.

Hardly discussing. Going into meltdown about not getting a refund when they are getting a refund. 

13 minutes ago, Selred said:

Let's be honest:

Our club is paying some players tens of thousands per week. 

Our club used the furlough scheme  (paid by tax payers) without topping up wages to 100%.

This is not a club for all fans. Its a business. 

Sad to hear some fans think like this. BCFC means more than this to most I hope. All teams pay £££ to players that’s football I’m afraid 

9 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Different times now though. Harry D had a bit of cash, but now we're owned by a man who could spend £500 every day for the next several thousand years and still not run out of money.  

As has been calculated, to refund everyone would only cost a few hours of the combined playing staff wages. 

There is obscene money in the game these days and that includes City.

So while we still support them, the corporate entity that is now our club neither needs to be stingy with our money nor does it deserve our charity. 

Noted, but every penny counts. Only premier league teams can survive on corporate money only

Noted, but every penny counts. Only premier league teams can survive on corporate money only

Ours could survive without crowds indefinitely, if league rules allowed that.

As Steve, Lee and the players are rolling in it - and I'm not - I'm considering either the refund or Option 3. I'd be straight for option 3 if the credit counted towards cup tickets, but they've rather meanly excluded that.

48 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I do a bit of part-time lecturing and teach a course on how to write successful press releases.

I never struggle to find bad examples to show learners, but this one basically covers all the bases: tone deaf; confusing; poorly worded; irrational sentence order; unappealing; vaguely contemptuous. Then there's the bit about the email they sent earlier, which I can use to illustrate the "always make sure your message is factual" point.

I've hit the crap PR jackpot!

I honestly read the email several times and came to the conclusion that literally any grown up who has at least some English could to a better job of communicating.  For the giant army of suits you see at Ashton Gate if you go to any event they run, I've yet to see any evidence of competency.

5 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Ours could survive without crowds indefinitely, if league rules allowed that.

As Steve, Lee and the players are rolling in it - and I'm not - I'm considering either the refund or Option 3. I'd be straight for option 3 if the credit counted towards cup tickets, but they've rather meanly excluded that.

To be fair, cup tickets are split revenue tickets, home/away and the FA all get a bit, so that would cost them.

Granted, it would cost them YOUR cash, but I can understand why that isn't an option.

1 hour ago, CodeRed said:

Very good advice, take the cash and then decide to buy game by game .......you will then know a) wether the stream works and is reliable b ) if there are free streams and again if they are reliable c) If - for example we loose the first 3 games and are out of the race would you still watch. meaningless fixture with both teams on the beach? D) Conversly if we do well Sky may well pick more City games for the final round of picks covering the run in.

Lastly. - and a purely personal view - the whole press release was manipulative and bullying (IMO)..........and I won't be bullied.

I agree with this I think, I'll just pay if I want too,  some are already live another one in PNE if important will surely follow, otherwise Radio Bristol and highlights is fine, don't particularly want to watch on a small non TV screen anyway.really.

1 hour ago, hodge said:

Presumably the club keeps the money, its essentially the same as option 1 ie the club keeps the money but option 1 you can make sure your money goes towards the academy.

So for the ‘lesser’ option, you get your name on a shirt; but for the more noble option, you don’t.  Hmmm...

39 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I chose option 1 over 2, I don’t particularly want my name on the third kit.

Also, I recently sold some ‘82 shares so my name is already going on some plaque somewhere in the ground anyway, I used to have it on my seat back in the day, too when they wanted money for that once.

I really don’t need any more validation that I support the club. 

Dilemma for me.  Joe is the season card holder, I pay for it!  I’m option 1, he’s option 2....but he hasn’t worked out he’ll need to pay for the shirt....mwah, mwah, mwah. ?

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Lets imagine games behind closed doors happened for a whole season.

Do people think there's potentially more money to be made from that?

10 pounds a game. I think thousands of fans from each club would pay that.

Then you are gaining 2 full sets of fans money every game, rather than the home fans and the many less away fans on normal match days.

£480 (46 league and minimum 2 cups) per season, that £48pm for a 10 month season to watch it on tv.

Thats quite a lot (imho).  Some form of season ticket for half of that maybe.

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

- An existing “season ticket benefit” is free streaming

- If you take a refund, the benefits are removed

I get where you’re coming from - I.e because the refund post dates the free stream, does having a refund automatically cancel the other. The legal point that gets that to work is that there is no legal - only a moral - obligation to offer refunds in the T&Cs.

It’s actually a new benefit added this week, so it’s a bit sketchy

But I’m sure the lawyers will checked all before any statements were made to ensure all the practise are watertight 

14 minutes ago, Red Alert said:

It’s actually a new benefit added this week, so it’s a bit sketchy

But I’m sure the lawyers will checked all before any statements were made to ensure all the practise are watertight 

The word 'unsinkable' springs to mind.

35 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

To be fair, cup tickets are split revenue tickets, home/away and the FA all get a bit, so that would cost them.

Granted, it would cost them YOUR cash, but I can understand why that isn't an option.

Thanks - I was trying to figure out why this wasn’t an option . Makes absolute sense . 

Archived