IGNORED

Refund on ST ?

westonred

36 minutes ago, hodge said:

Why would they include cup matches when they can't guarantee we'd have a home cup game next season? If they did that and it happened you'd then have loads of fans complaining about that instead. Which clubs have actually reduced the salaries of their players rather than deferred? As I've only seen deferrals and its just the length of time that differs.

From what I can read of that law its not a case of being mislead or not, 'There is a general principle that the more unusual a clause, the more attention should be drawn to it', the point I'm trying to make here is the clause (or option in this case) that you'd most likely expect to see is the refund option so there is nothing unusual about the clause, in fact the club have drawn attention to the unusual clauses (options) and made them clear. So given the option of a refund isn't unnatural it doesn't need to have special attention drawn to it. 

Check Europe for salary reductions. Here I'm unsure any have taken it. Lower League clubs who furloughed players aside, didn't Millwall or Luton do similar?

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Check Europe for salary reductions. Here I'm unsure any have taken it. Lower League clubs who furloughed players aside, didn't Millwall or Luton do similar?

I did mean to specify England, we'd be very much on our own if we did that. Wouldn't be able to do it without player consent for fear of breach of contract and players being allowed to leave for free, so if the players didn't agree to the idea its a non starter.

5 hours ago, Red Exile said:

our emails arrived at 17.58 and 17.59 - not sure why they wouldn't all be sent at the same time but they are being sent...

**** me, is it an issue now that there was a maximum 60 second delay/gap of emails being received ?‍♂️ the club can't win

4 hours ago, hodge said:

I did mean to specify England, we'd be very much on our own if we did that. Wouldn't be able to do it without player consent for fear of breach of contract and players being allowed to leave for free, so if the players didn't agree to the idea its a non starter.

I don't know if there are any apart from the aforementioned lower league clubs however when Spurs and other clubs furloughed their non playing staff and the fans were rightly annoyed the clubs reversed their decision.

This obviously didn't happen here, I don't know if the same pressure was made by our supporters club (?)

I know the PFA were in negotiations with the Premier League and possibly the EFL about Wage reductions but that went quiet after the PL players made their own joint contribution to NHS charities together.

Jon Lansdowns statement just doesn't sit right with me that he's coming across like we've hit such bad times that they can't afford to refund us and therefore encourages us to take no refund and instead streaming and maybe our names on the 3rd kit. I'm lucky that I haven't been hit with furlough however I'm sure many fans have as well as redundancy.

8 hours ago, Spoons said:

19 pages of panic. Very few considered posts. 

Oh come on, we’ve both posted on this forum for ages. This is very tame. It’s people on a Friday night discussing contract law for goodness sake.

Wait until we lose our first 5 games back, that’ll be a meltdown ?

6 hours ago, Lydered said:

**** me, is it an issue now that there was a maximum 60 second delay/gap of emails being received ?‍♂️ the club can't win

....simply trying be helpful - the emails hadn't all been sent at the same time, hence some folk might not have got them at the same time as others. Amongst the many things I've found fault with down the years that's not one of them!

So just so we’re clear, what exactly is this threat about losing your season ticket benefits all about? 

The only potential benefit I can think of is priority playoff tickets, and clearly the playoffs aren’t going to be taking place in packed stadiums, so what exactly is it they’re threatening? 

I was all set to just take the streams, having paid in full for 2019/20 and 2020/21 STs, but the way they’ve gone about it makes me want to tell them to F right O. 

16 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Oh come on, we’ve both posted on this forum for ages. This is very tame. It’s people on a Friday night discussing contract law for goodness sake.

Wait until we lose our first 5 games back, that’ll be a meltdown ?

I was delighted to see the discussion switch to the case law of Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain v Boots Cash Chemists (Southern) Ltd. I am just wondering if we'll move on to Donoghue v Stevenson when we start discussing who was at fault for our 1st defeat back.

I haven’t received my refund email & I'm starting to wonder if it’s because I'm a carer for my son. Elliott has received his email & wants to do option 2, although if anyone from City is reading this, he also wants his name on the tracksuits! Can anyone else shed some light on this? If this is the case, as Elliott is under 12, we won’t be able to stream the games. Which means I will have one very unhappy little boy on my hands, as I’ve already told him that we can watch the games. COYR 

56 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

The only potential benefit I can think of is priority playoff tickets, and clearly the playoffs aren’t going to be taking place in packed stadiums, so what exactly is it they’re threatening? 

My guess would be, if City were to make the Play Off final and 10k tickets were made available to each club, as the FA are thinking of doing for the FA Cup final, you’d lose your place in the priority queue. 

2 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

My guess would be, if City were to make the Play Off final and 10k tickets were made available to each club, as the FA are thinking of doing for the FA Cup final, you’d lose your place in the priority queue. 

Well thank god I don’t have to worry about that :D 

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

So just so we’re clear, what exactly is this threat about losing your season ticket benefits all about? 

I was all set to just take the streams, having paid in full for 2019/20 and 2020/21 STs, but the way they’ve gone about it makes me want to tell them to F right O. 

No free stream as they’re offered in a sense for free to season ticket holders so you can’t get a refund and a free stream 

36 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Difficult one that. Right now I think I would find it difficult to want to be part of such a small crowd in such a huge stadium, I guess it would still be Wembley? I think we should all be there together or not at all. 

Also right now I am not feeling the love I did for the game with all that’s still going on with working through the past couple of months at an intense pace and juggling home life too. 

16 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

I get that bit, but it also makes it sound like SHOULD we get in the play offs and SHOULD we get to Wembley, that I wouldn’t be counted as a season ticket holder, so should the rules be relaxed by then and we could go to Wembley, I won’t be counted as a season ticket holder so won’t be able to get tickets. 

It also doesn’t make it clear that I won’t be affected discount etc wise next season. 

More chance of Rovers building a new ground!

Although, If you are feeling lucky - you could put some money on those three coming in ?

I guess if you take the refund and lose your 'season ticket' holder status you may lose your existing seat next year... plus any new 'early bird' discount for ST holders if you have not already paid for 20/21 or took a refund on it when offered earlier in lockdown. 

3 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I guess if you take the refund and lose your 'season ticket' holder status you may lose your existing seat next year... plus any new 'early bird' discount for ST holders if you have not already paid for 20/21 or took a refund on it when offered earlier in lockdown. 

The e-mail I received, and the City website, state that it’s only ST benefits for the current season that are affected:

Should you choose the pro-rata refund option you will forego your status as a season card holder and all associated benefits for the current season.

14 minutes ago, lager loud said:

The e-mail I received, and the City website, state that it’s only ST benefits for the current season that are affected:

Should you choose the pro-rata refund option you will forego your status as a season card holder and all associated benefits for the current season.

Thanks. Missed that bit.

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

To see another club’s response, go to the Nottingham Forest website and read the open letter from their chairman.

http://nottinghamforest.co.uk

City could have avoided all the bad feeling from some fans by simply adopting Forest’s approach of making the refund Option 4.

I’ve no problem with City encouraging people not to claim a refund. Other businesses have done the same - for example we had tickets for a cancelled play at the Tobacco Factory theatre. The TF wrote explaining that we were entitled to a refund but as they struggle for funding, asked us not to claim it - which we were happy to do. Glos cricket have asked members to consider  donating their 2020 membership money to the club (players also agreed very early on to accept pay cuts, but that’s a different matter). The tone of the Glos communications, expressing real gratitude to anyone who donated their money to the club in this way, is very different from City’s.

City have made it more more difficult to claim the refund than to select options that leave the money with the club City: we can’t just reply by clicking that option. Giving such a short deadline means some people won’t get around to doing it. This is basically sleazy marketing manipulation by City, working out the best way to arrange things to squeeze the maximum revenue out of their SC holders.

As it happens I was always going for the refund. I’m used to being being treated as little more than a revenue stream by the club and have no problem treating the club in the same cold, rational way as just another business. But if I had been considering leaving my money with the club the tenor of this latest communication might have persuaded me not to.

14 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I think this may be wrong.  When I did law, the one thing we always asked is what is the law if a shop price an item wrong, am I entitled to buy it at the price advertised.

The answer is no.

Contract Law, offer and acceptance, plus consideration (or something like that, it’s over 30 years ago!)

It is you, the customer that offers to buy it at the price on the label.  The shopkeeper considers the offer and does not have to accept.

Most websites usually have a footnote along the lines of “errors and omissions excepted”, which basically means if they price something wrong on a website, even though the website automated process might process it, they can still decline to proceed with the order.

However, as a part of goodwill, they may decide to accept.

Curry’s priced some tv’s wrongly a few years ago on Black Friday, and agreed to let the buyer have them at the wrong price advertised.

You are spot on. If an item has been mistakenly priced then the shopholder has the right to remove the item for sale. My lecturer always used to drum into us that in a supermarket, the labelled price was just the offer and we could make a counter-offer. The seller than then reject. 

In my view City had to offer a cash refund as they would fall foul to Consumer law in that the item paid for (ie a seat at Ashton Gate Gate) has not been provided.

14 hours ago, optored said:

I believe It doesn't matter what the terms and conditions state in this case.  Consumer law would apply.

If they did use that clause I don't think it would pass the "fairness test"

Agreed, Consumer Law will always trump a set of T & Cs like these.

42 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Yep, good point. Should you choose refund and we get promoted, as a non season ticket holder you will struggle to get a seat for next season in the Premiership.

Archived